Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0

FINAL WIMBLEDON REVIEW: "How Crazy Is the Life"

Final Wimbledon Review: “How Crazy Is the Life”
    by Mariya Konovalova

The title quote comes from Rafael Nadal, who was reacting to having won the Roland Garros - Wimbledon double twice in the last three years, a feat that hadn’t been accomplished between 1980 and 2008. However, the entire tournament was on the strange side, full of surprising upsets, unexpected triumphs, and general wackiness.

The Highs
    On Top of the World

Some will say all the upsets occurring around the grounds this fortnight served to show the depth of men’s and women’s tennis. Others, however, might argue that surprise faces in the latter rounds signify the fragility of top players’ current form. One thing is clear – the two Champions who came unscathed through the tournament earned their titled. Both Rafael Nadal and Serena Williams proved that their place at the top of the rankings is well deserved, the latter doing so without losing a set.

KEEP READING

Leave a comment! Here or below the article at ProTennisNews.net

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: FINAL WIMBLEDON REVIEW: "How Crazy Is the Life"

Thanks, Mariya! I totally agree about Vesnina. She tried her best to carry the team.

Thumbs down Re: FINAL WIMBLEDON REVIEW: "How Crazy Is the Life"

Coming out of lurkdom to say thank you to Mariya for a great article. You really caught the atmosphere and spirit of this year's Championships. Well done!

Blog Entries

Awesome report, Mariya!

While I reserve the right to call the Rog/Berdych lack of sportsmanship comment here and elsewhere to be a bit of over-kill (show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser, and Rog DID end up giving Berdych some credit after interventions with his consultants, blah-blah-blah-blah), I truly enjoyed catching up with and reading your Wimbledon reports, Mariya. Well done. Gotta get us a copy of the Serena/Maria match now- and, if possible, the Vesnina/Vera win over the Sisters- which we could have taped from Tennis Channel, but didn't. (Apparently, I take doubles losses better. ) I also must say that I remain both very sorry for and pissed off with Vera for her behavior with the doubles final.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

A great final report

I love that Murray and Nadal seem to have such admiration for each other.

Quote Originally Posted by nelslus View Post
    I also must say that I remain both very sorry for and pissed off with Vera for her behavior with the doubles final.
    Same here.

It seemed like she tried to bottle up all of her feelings, and they just totally spilled out in that final. It would have probably been better if she hadn't played in the doubles final as well.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Thanks so much for reading and for the comments!

Nelslus, I don't think it was a big deal, but I couldn't really just overlook the Federer-Berdych moment, especially since it really seemed to have pissed Tomas off a bit.

Eusebius, so honored to bring you out of lurkdom! Hope you keep posting!

Great report!
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Blog Entries

I'm not quite sure how I missed this. Maybe family visitors over the 4th. But it's a great report. I really love your writing.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Thank you!