Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Announcement for Men's SP Pickers

Youzhny/Mathieu is actually not on the schedule for Day 4, but is still an eligible pick. Those who have chosen one of them can keep them as their day 4 men's pick. They will also have to pick a day 5 from the Friday schedule when it goes up tomorrow (and Youzhny/Mathieu will not be included as a choice for day 5).

So, if you stick with Youzhny or Mathieu, you will have to survive both that pick and your day 5 pick on Friday. Sort of like when we have rain delay or suspensions due to darkness. You keep picking and have to survive both.

Re: Announcement for Men's SP Pickers

So, if Mathieu or Youzhny was for any reason to pull out before Friday's match, are we simply fortunate or unfortunate? No chance to re-pick at that point, correct?

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by waylandboy-tw View Post
    So, if Mathieu or Youzhny was for any reason to pull out before Friday's match, are we simply fortunate or unfortunate? No chance to re-pick at that point, correct?
    Yup. It's ok because the match wasn't decided when you made your pick. You are either lucky or unlucky.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why anyone would pick Paul-Henri Mathieu in a Suicide Pool is a just a tad beyond my comprehension...

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    Why anyone would pick Paul-Henri Mathieu in a Suicide Pool is a just a tad beyond my comprehension...
    Same reason people keep picking Bondarenkos, ne?

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ribbons View Post
    They tease you, and they tease you, and they tease you!

The problem here is that, if you pick Youzhny, PHM will probably clock him in straights!

The whole game is sick. It's just plain sick. Like heroin. You can't get away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ribbons View Post
    With her lose here, K-Bond has completed a Career Slam at taking people down with her in suicide pools. Her combined total is 60 compared to her sister's 31.

Record is still in Rezai's hands, with one swift loss she is at 93 dating back to this year's AO.
    Last edited by Drop-shot; 06-23-2010 at 08:35 PM.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post

Record is still in Rezai's hands, with one swift loss she is at 93 dating back to this year's AO.
    I think the new rule is, do NOT pick against Angelique Kerber in the 2nd round of a Slam. Girl seems to have a knack for derailing bandwagons.

Thank you. I was wondering what happened and then I saw it in tomorrow's schedule.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    With her lose here, K-Bond has completed a Career Slam at taking people down with her in suicide pools. Her combined total is 60 compared to her sister's 31.

Who keeps those stats? I would love to see them before the next SP!!!
    with Elena at IW 09!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by manolo View Post
    Who keeps those stats? I would love to see them before the next SP!!!
    I always post the SP stats after they're done.

Keep in mind though that they only trace back to last year's USO. With wimby I'm completing the SP stats Slam.

Ask and if I have the info I'll share.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    The problem here is that, if you pick Youzhny, PHM will probably clock him in straights!

The whole game is sick. It's just plain sick. Like heroin. You can't get away from it.
    Well, it wasn't in straights, but... *admires lake of fire billowing out from the Day 5 discussion thread*