Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GA2010: Scores!

Re: GA2010: Scores!

Newport Scores

So: did Newport matter? Drop-shot was quite some way ahead in the total scores after Wimbledon, but some people had the courage/genius/good fortune to have picked/gotten stuck with both Fish and Rochus. Certainly for second and third place, with just 101 points separating Omegadoom, Miles, jadesa, Madame and igorwright, there was all to play for.

Querrey was a popular final pick and, unfortunately, a 20-point dud. Giraldo didn't accomplish much either, going out to Bloomfeld and netting al those with him on their team an equally sad 20 points. In the end, here's how it turned out...

Yup: congratulations to nelslus and Omegadoom for taking the final week's honours!
    Coach Marion, at your service!

Lightbulb Re: GA2010: Scores!

Someone asked me if the Rochus/Bloomfeld match investigation will in any way change the final outcome of this competition. The answer here is NO, it will not. Whatever happened in Newport will not affect the scores.

Final Green Acres Scores

What a lovely five weeks So many players played their part, with the early tournament winners and finalists not proving to be the best of bets for Wimbledon glory and Serena and Rafa proving once again why they are #1 in the world. Lots of trades as well, most of them in the name of strategy, not injury replacements. It meant a couple of people personally saw to it that they finished awfully far down from where they could have ended up. Others got lucky, either by willingly not trading, or simply forgetting a deadline.

The end result is as follows: gold goes to Drop-shot! Omegadoom takes the silver, Miles takes the bronze!* Many congratulations to the three of you!! Medals will be handed out once the scores have undergone a final check.

A big thank you to everyone else who took part as well! We hope the addition of the ITF juniors for Wimbledon was appreciated and hope you all take part in the next TAT competiton on the agenda: The Hard Road to New York!

*all scores are subject to a final check

Quote Originally Posted by oploskoffie View Post
    Others got lucky, either by willingly not trading, or simply forgetting a deadline.
    See? Stupidity does pay off

I just might trying forgetting other dates like anniversaries to see if I also get lucky.

Anyhoo, well done Omegadoom and Miles!

PS: Wayland, does this mean I get a shirt now?
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Congratulations to Drop-Shot(like his idol Rafael Nadal) for winning Green Acres. And, to Omegadoom and Miles for medaling as well.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

40? 40?!!

OMG, I do suck at this.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Congrats to Drop-shot, Omegadoom and Miles!

Thank God this one is over. Lol!

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Quick Words Champion, Yeti Sports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well done, guys!

I'm just thrilled I finally made it through a TAT fantasy contest without getting making any major blunders! I'll take it. But I'm going to throw down the gauntlet for THRNY! Watch out!

Madame, I SO feel for you.

I'll get the medals awarded tomorrow.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Thanks guys and Woo Hoo!

Congrats to Drop-shot and Miles!

Thanks to Mr Koffie on running this contest and doing an excellent job!

Congrats to our winners: drop-shot, omegadoom, and miles! Well done guys!

TA
    My Beloved Mother

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    Well done, guys!

I'm just thrilled I finally made it through a TAT fantasy contest without getting making any major blunders! I'll take it. But I'm going to throw down the gauntlet for THRNY! Watch out!

Madame, I SO feel for you.

I'll get the medals awarded tomorrow.
    thanks dry. Good thing I'm far away in the mountains and forgetting everything (almost) about tennis
    ALLEZ LES BLEUS
    second Decima of the year !!

Well done guys! See you on the Hard Road.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Quick Words Champion, Yeti Sports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The medals have been awarded! Sorry for the delay! Distracted by work and my new toy.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123