Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Re: The Wimbledon SP LOSERS LOUNGE is OPEN for Business!

Soooo....Yesterday morning I was all proud of the fact that for the first time I was into the second week in BOTH men's and women's at the same tournament. Then I had Roddick yesterday and Clijsters today!!
    Yesterday, I ordered a Coke (to keep my head "clear" since I was still in the women's SP). Now I'm out of both, so I'll take anything you've got, but make it a stiff one.
    All the best to those still in both SP's.
    And many thanks to Scotty for running this site. I REALLY enjoy this....it makes the tournaments even more interesting to me to make these daily picks in the SP's.

Glenn

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GlennHarman View Post
    Soooo....Yesterday morning I was all proud of the fact that for the first time I was into the second week in BOTH men's and women's at the same tournament. Then I had Roddick yesterday and Clijsters today!!
    Yesterday, I ordered a Coke (to keep my head "clear" since I was still in the women's SP). Now I'm out of both, so I'll take anything you've got, but make it a stiff one.
    All the best to those still in both SP's.
    And many thanks to Scotty for running this site. I REALLY enjoy this....it makes the tournaments even more interesting to me to make these daily picks in the SP's.

Glenn
    Wow, I would love to take credit, but lots of staffers work a lot harder and have done so for a lot longer than I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Wow, I would love to take credit, but lots of staffers work a lot harder and have done so for a lot longer than I have.
    Don't take that to mean that he doesn't have aspirations and won't do whatever it takes to get to the top.

I waited for the Kanepi/Kvitova match before coming in here. There was still hope for me. But it's gone.

Jessie, can I have a shot of poison, please. (This is a suicide pool, right?)

Edit: OK, too dark, I know. How about a shot of vinegar, then. That ought to do.
    Last edited by carlitos2006; 06-29-2010 at 09:57 AM.
    Avatar: My namesake. Except Carlitos is an alias.

Quote Originally Posted by carlitos2006 View Post

How about a laudanum and tonic? Make that a double. Goes down nice and easy, I hear

Can I get a premature drink? I will be out at the men's final because I will have run out of players to pick, assuming I can pick the correct bottom-half semifinalist to emerge from the match. I have already picked both Berdych and Djokovic earlier in the tournament... :-(

Quote Originally Posted by carlitos2006 View Post
    I waited for the Kanepi/Kvitova match before coming in here. There was still hope for me. But it's gone.

Edit: OK, too dark, I know. How about a shot of vinegar, then. That ought to do.
    Here you go!
    Quote Originally Posted by gavspen View Post
    How about a laudanum and tonic? Make that a double. Goes down nice and easy, I hear
    There's more tonic in it, but that'll just help it go down easier

Quote Originally Posted by nblaquie View Post
    Can I get a premature drink? I will be out at the men's final because I will have run out of players to pick, assuming I can pick the correct bottom-half semifinalist to emerge from the match. I have already picked both Berdych and Djokovic earlier in the tournament... :-(
    Sure! Have a poison of choice, or do you want whatevs?

Any poison.., you pick. Thanks Jessie. Still, this is the farthest I have ever gone, yeah! (Even though it's only my 2nd time playing - not very hard to do, beat your first time playing.)

Quote Originally Posted by nblaquie View Post
    Any poison.., you pick. Thanks Jessie. Still, this is the farthest I have ever gone, yeah! (Even though it's only my 2nd time playing - not very hard to do, beat your first time playing.)
    I had this a while ago, and it's delish. how about some Alien Secretion?

Boy this place is quiet on Sunday's! <G>

Well I got to the finals of the mens draw but ran out of picks cause I had already used Berdych in an earlier round.

Bartender, how about a glass of champagne to celebrate with our winners.

Sure thing! Here you go!

Well, I know no one's paying any attention to posts made here anymore, but I was away and didnt get a chance, so I just wanted to chime in and thank all the organizers of this loathsome, noxious competition, and congratulate the winners.

This time I actually got to the final, but like so many others was undone by the hapless Fed....who woulda thunk it? I would have picked him for the semis, and then, despite being a huge fan - somewhat less so right now - was prepared to pick against him in the final; I had it all figured out, just like everybody else. Suffice it to say, he's off my Christmas card list! And I suppose Andy Murray will have to wait at least another year for that knighthood. British when he wins, Scottish when he loses.

A giraffe goes into a bar and says, "The highballs are on me".

Flushing meadows, here we come.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415