Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 59
  1. #16

    Re: RG Men's Singles Draw and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    I say three semi finalists are fairly obvious - Federer (outside chance for Soderling and Gulbis), Ferrer/Djokovic and Nadal, but how about the fourth? It's such a week quarter... Robredo maybe?
    Good to know that you're confident with that "three semifinalists are fairly obvious" statement with your Ferrer/Djokovic pick.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

  2. #17
    Contests
    Awards Showcase

    James7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Posts
    6,525
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: RG Men's Singles Draw and Discussion

    Barring big changes in form, it's clearly going to Ferrer at the moment. No need to qualify the pick with Djokovic.
    I disapprove of this message

  3. #18

    Re: RG Men's Singles Draw and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by James7 View Post
    Barring big changes in form, it's clearly going to Ferrer at the moment. No need to qualify the pick with Djokovic.
    Yes, but Nole has an ability to be good on this surface and he might suddenly remember it. A+ Djokovic > A+ Ferrer...
    Roger forever

  4. #19

    Re: RG Men's Singles Draw and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    Yes, but Nole has an ability to be good on this surface and he might suddenly remember it. A+ Djokovic > A+ Ferrer...
    On clay, I disagree.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

  5. #20
    SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

    Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Phoenixville PA
    Posts
    39,136
    Blog Entries
    28

    Re: RG Men's Singles Draw and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    Yes, but Nole has an ability to be good on this surface...
    I remember seeing flashes of that when PEHK beat him in straight sets in the 3rd round last year
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

  6. #21

    Re: RG Men's Singles Draw and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by nelslus View Post
    On clay, I disagree.
    Really? At his very best Nole would just hit through Ferrer (like Roger does) and there would be not much David could do..
    Roger forever

  7. #22
    SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

    Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Phoenixville PA
    Posts
    39,136
    Blog Entries
    28

    Re: RG Men's Singles Draw and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    Really? At his very best Nole would just hit through Ferrer (like Roger does) and there would be not much David could do..
    Problem is, we've yet to see Nole at his very best this entire season. Do you think he refound his A game since Belgrade?
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

  8. #23
    Content tinamarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Mannheim, Germany
    Posts
    3,686
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: RG Men's Singles Draw and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I remember seeing flashes of that when PEHK beat him in straight sets in the 3rd round last year
    I remember we were at RG, and the screen on our court had the result "backwards" (with Djokovic winning), which for us was the expected outcome. After we saw the correct result a couple of hrs later, we checked at least 3 different places before really believing it. I thought for sure Djokovic would make the final that year and I still think he has a good chance to win the tournament one day (though maybe not this year...)

  9. #24
    SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

    Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Phoenixville PA
    Posts
    39,136
    Blog Entries
    28

    Re: RG Men's Singles Draw and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by tinamarie View Post
    I remember we were at RG, and the screen on our court had the result "backwards" (with Djokovic winning), which for us was the expected outcome. After we saw the correct result a couple of hrs later, we checked at least 3 different places before really believing it. I thought for sure Djokovic would make the final that year and I still think he has a good chance to win the tournament one day (though maybe not this year...)
    Trust me, Tina (and Suliso) - Nole is a very good clay courter. I think last season proved that. And I think some day he can win the French. But not this year. He just isn't playing top notch tennis so far this season, and add in some health issues, I am really not expecting a great run.

    Ferrer, meanwhile, has had a pretty brilliant clay season. Easily the best of his career.
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

  10. #25
    Everyday Warrior MJ2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    4,199

    Re: RG Men's Singles Draw and Discussion

    Yeah, Nole hasn't shown his best form this season, but he also overdid it last season and had nothing left by the FO, which probably factored into the decision to skip Madrid.

    In good form he's consistently the third best player on clay, and a fresh Nole could be very dangerous at his favorite slam.

  11. #26
    Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    shtexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    25,566

    Re: RG Men's Singles Draw and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by nelslus View Post
    Murray's goin' out in a 1st Round Gasquet Madame Special.
    On form, yes. But, there is no way Murray is losing first round. Sucks for Richie.

  12. #27

    Re: RG Men's Singles Draw and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    On form, yes. But, there is no way Murray is losing first round. Sucks for Richie.
    well I have no choice, I am going for Ritchie :bleus:
    ALLEZ LES BLEUS
    second Decima of the year !!

  13. #28
    Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    dryrunguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    53,560
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: RG Men's Singles Draw and Discussion

    Awful draw for Gasquet. But I still think he can beat Mopey Murray.

    Fed just can't shake Ernie. Of course, it's a moot point if Bad Ernie shows up in Paris.

    Would love to see Youzhny make the semis. He's got a great shot.
    Tiz the Dude! Now a winner after his second race!

  14. #29

    Re: RG Men's Singles Draw and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    On form, yes. But, there is no way Murray is losing first round. Sucks for Richie.
    He had Federer 1st round at W in 06, Nadal at last year Open, and now Murray at French.
    It would be tough, but I can think of 15 or so players that could be worse draw...
    "Whatsoever is contrary to nature is contrary to reason, and whatsoever is contrary to reason is absurd." Baruch Spinoza

  15. #30
    Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    shtexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    25,566

    Re: RG Men's Singles Draw and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    Awful draw for Gasquet. But I still think he can beat Mopey Murray.

    Fed just can't shake Ernie. Of course, it's a moot point if Bad Ernie shows up in Paris.

    Would love to see Youzhny make the semis. He's got a great shot.
    I agree about Youzhny.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •