Agree Agree:  3
Likes Likes:  6
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: The perhaps not so hypothetical question thread

Yes.
    Blue Steel

I'd say yes. If he's really happy he might not even care, but if it's an issue and he later finds out that you knew, he'll be mad at you too.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Yes. I don't see how telling her would possibly hurt your relationship if you found out about the therapist from an unrelated person and it's something she needs to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    I'd say yes. If he's really happy he might not even care, but if it's an issue and he later finds out that you knew, he'll be mad at you too.
    Exactly my thoughts.

Yes.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Grand Slam Champion missinandre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Second round.
    You have a friend, who has a young child. This child is going to an analyst, for reasons that you do not know because you want to respect that privacy. However, you do know that the parent (your friend) is rather pleased with this therapy. But now, through another friend that is unaware of all this (this is not a common friend with the parent of the child), you find out that the therapist is actually a GRAPHIC DESIGNER going through what is called Psycho Analytical Training. Not only is this person not a Medical Doctor (a requirement for a psychiatric license here), this person is not even a psychologist (a four year degree). His expected time for receiving his full license is approximately two years. He is legally able to practice, but only under close supervision from the association that is providing his training. All this is unknown to your friend.
    Although your friend is happy with the therapist, should you disclose this news to her?
    TRIPLE HeL* YES!!!!!!!!!
    ROGER / RAFA FINAL 2010 US OPEN!!!!!

I am amazed that this is even a question. I fail to see an issue of privacy or an ethical dilemma here.

The issue at hand is not if the parent is pleased with therapy, the issue is the emotional well-being and health of the child.

In this particular case.....if the parent is uninformed about the facts you mentioned, then parent could not make a valuable INFORMED decision regarding the (possibly emotional and mental) safety of their child.

As a parent I can tell you straight up that if it were me, and I knew this information beforehand....my child would not being seeing this "analyst" and I can also tell you that if I discovered it in the midst of therapy, I can tell you that I would be upset because this is information I'd expect UP FRONT and yes I would be shopping for another therapist.

With my apologies to John Updike:

At night, A, although sleeping with B, dreams of C. C stands in many places: the tennis shop at the club where A plays, the shopping mall where they once bumped into each other, the restaurant where they had lunch and held hands. She always projects (in A's dreams) an image of intense vitality. Beautiful, young, quick with a joke and charming as all things not truly known are, she steps in and out of A's dreamscape. A knows C knows his intentions, but is unaware of B's presence. In fact, the only thing A needs to do to get C in his life is leave B; C made it clear that day she kissed him.
    B, next to him, sleeps. It has been many years of building a relationship, and there is a large commitment looming on the future. Lately she sleeps with certain restlessness; her sleep is interrupted, she tosses and turns. They go to sleep cupped together, like spoons in a kitchen drawer, but wake up with their backs to each other, a d and a b next to each other in some unpronounceable word. A fears B is growing aware he is really not there, even though he has never gone farther than that kiss with C, which he longs for.
    Question: whom has A betrayed the most, B or C?

Quote Originally Posted by nelslus View Post
    Please. You, munchin, Beau, Jessie, aedra, jj, Charlie, Zeph, rabbit and Hurricane WERE nelslus' preschool class.

Nelslus still gets misty-eyed thinking about you tykes fighting over who'd get to play first with Stripper Barbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    So, THAT's what you call it! Interesting.
    A little late to this, but:

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    With my apologies to John Updike:

At night, A, although sleeping with B, dreams of C. C stands in many places: the tennis shop at the club where A plays, the shopping mall where they once bumped into each other, the restaurant where they had lunch and held hands. She always projects (in A's dreams) an image of intense vitality. Beautiful, young, quick with a joke and charming as all things not truly known are, she steps in and out of A's dreamscape. A knows C knows his intentions, but is unaware of B's presence. In fact, the only thing A needs to do to get C in his life is leave B; C made it clear that day she kissed him.
    B, next to him, sleeps. It has been many years of building a relationship, and there is a large commitment looming on the future. Lately she sleeps with certain restlessness; her sleep is interrupted, she tosses and turns. They go to sleep cupped together, like spoons in a kitchen drawer, but wake up with their backs to each other, a d and a b next to each other in some unpronounceable word. A fears B is growing aware he is really not there, even though he has never gone farther than that kiss with C, which he longs for.
    Question: whom has A betrayed the most, B or C?

I think the answer is B.

I don't know how hypothetical the situation is, but it's quite obvious the underlying issue is that, at least at the moment, A doesn't want to be with B. It's quite possible A's longing for C is actually a projection of that and may be exaggerated in his brain.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    I think the answer is B.

I don't know how hypothetical the situation is, but it's quite obvious the underlying issue is that, at least at the moment, A doesn't want to be with B. It's quite possible A's longing for C is actually a projection of that and may be exaggerated in his brain.
    Definitely B. If my B kissed a C and I found out about it, he'd definitely be out on his A.
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    Definitely B. If my B kissed a C and I found out about it, he'd definitely be out on his A.
    MOG. ROFL. Post of the week.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Slingo Para-Dice Champion, Quick Words Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

But....Definitely the betrayal is mostly to B because the commitment to relationship is to B whilst the desire is to C......

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast