Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

    Kirkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    37,746
    Blog Entries
    10

    Trapped dolphins symbol of hope

    Is it just me or is this a waste of time and energy?

    http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/science....ap/index.html

    Why in the hell would energy be put into rescuing dolphins when so much work needs to be done to help secure the health and safety of humans?
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

  2. #2

    Re: Trapped dolphins symbol of hope

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus
    Is it just me or is this a waste of time and energy?

    http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/science....ap/index.html

    Why in the hell would energy be put into rescuing dolphins when so much work needs to be done to help secure the health and safety of humans?
    Well, I'd hope they weren't neglecting any human needs in order to help the dolphins. And maybe just seeing dolphins rescued like that will do a lot to boost the spirits of the people who are struggling there.
    It ain't what you eat but how you chew it.

  3. #3

    Re: Trapped dolphins symbol of hope

    Come'on Kirki, the momma and her calf need love too :P

  4. #4
    Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

    Kirkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    37,746
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Trapped dolphins symbol of hope

    I don't know. When you see the serious needs of the people... bodies decaying in the streets, lack of food, water, shelter, sanitation, etc. I just see it as a real waste of energy and resources. And not attempting to be snide, I really doubt the salvation of 2 dolphins is going to make these people accept their future with a more positive perspective.

    If nothing else they could be stacking wood from the destroyed structures.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

  5. #5

    Re: Trapped dolphins symbol of hope

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus
    And not attempting to be snide, I really doubt the salvation of 2 dolphins is going to make these people accept their future with a more positive perspective.
    Nothing snide about that.

    But I disagree with you. I believe that if you were among the living there, wallowing in such death and destruction, to see the salvation of any form of life would give you some reason to at least begin thinking more positively. You have to start somewhere, right?

    Contrast that with allowing the dolphins die, and watching them slowly suffocate to death.

    It has no substantive meaning, thought the spiritual significance would be profound IMO.
    It ain't what you eat but how you chew it.

  6. #6
    Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

    Kirkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    37,746
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Trapped dolphins symbol of hope

    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastien447

    Nothing snide about that.

    But I disagree with you. I believe that if you were among the living there, wallowing in such death and destruction, to see the salvation of any form of life would give you some reason to at least begin thinking more positively. You have to start somewhere, right?

    Contrast that with allowing the dolphins die, and watching them slowly suffocate to death.

    It has no substantive meaning, thought the spiritual significance would be profound IMO.
    I totally understand that position. I just don't agree with it. I think if I were there among the death and destruction and I saw people attempting to save the lives of these dolphins, I'd think, "you wanna help? Get your ass over here and help us find some drinkable water."

    So guess we'll agree to disagree.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

  7. #7

    Re: Trapped dolphins symbol of hope

    Isn't there a lack of food there? And doesn't dolphin taste similar to tuna? hmmm, see where I'm heading with this....?

  8. #8

    Re: Trapped dolphins symbol of hope

    That's a terrible thought, Fishboy ... shame on you! I didn't know you were a cannibal ???

    Living humans come first, but we have to try and save ALL lifeforms. BTW, how are the dolphins doing?

  9. #9
    Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

    Kirkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    37,746
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Trapped dolphins symbol of hope

    Quote Originally Posted by Doll_Face
    That's a terrible thought, Fishboy ... shame on you! I didn't know you were a cannibal ???

    Living humans come first, but we have to try and save ALL lifeforms. BTW, how are the dolphins doing?
    The momma dolphin was captured and released into the ocean. I heard the news say "the calf couldn't be found". I didn't know it was missing.

    BTW, I have to back off my position a little bit. I saw a segment last night on the 100s of thousands of dogs and cats, most of them domesticated, roaming the streets without their human families... searching for food and water. I caught myself saying, "awww, look at that poor little guy." Veteranarians (not to be confused with vegitarians) are moving in to help the dogs and cats.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

  10. #10

    Re: Trapped dolphins symbol of hope

    Seeeeeee...everything needs love and care. I'm such a sucker for animals. But Kirkus, where is the calf? :'(


    With that said, if anyone ever throws blood on my fox coat (thesonofabitchwillgetthebeatingoftheirmf&*&am p;^^&(*&^(&amp() ;D : NO JOKE!!

  11. #11
    Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

    Kirkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    37,746
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Trapped dolphins symbol of hope

    Quote Originally Posted by Doll_Face
    Seeeeeee...everything needs love and care. I'm such a sucker for animals. But Kirkus, where is the calf? :'(


    With that said, if anyone ever throws blood on my fox coat (thesonofabitchwillgetthebeatingoftheirmf&*&am p;^^&(*&^(&amp() ;D : NO JOKE!!
    LMAO! LMAO! Could it be that TAT's Doll has an alter-ego? And could it's name be....... CHUCKY!?

    Don't have a clue what happened to the calf.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

  12. #12

    Re: Trapped dolphins symbol of hope

    LOL!

    They rescued a sea turtle in Thailand yesterday. The old guy's shell was cracked and infected. They will treat his infection then release him. Ah, a happy ending ;D

  13. #13

    Re: Trapped dolphins symbol of hope

    Did you guys hear about all the stray doggies in the tsumani hit areas? They are afraid of rabies, so if they can't be caught and vaccinated they will be killed. All 500,000 of them. :'(

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •