Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Where am I?
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

TAT FT: TSiP Lounge

Welcome to the proverbial Internet water cooler. Share your happinesses (of which I'm sure there are few) and your frustrations: you can bet that others here will feel exactly the same way.

Thanks for playing!
    I'll miss you!

Re: TAT FT: TSiP Lounge

The 2010 TSIP will mark the 5th anniversary of TAT’s oldest and arguably most prestigious fantasy tennis contest. I am proud to announce that as the current TSIP champion, Nike has outfitted my avatar with a commemorative shoe recognizing last year’s grand achievement.

It will be on display throughout the duration of the contest, but will not be made available for sale to the public. I also appreciate and applaud the TAT competition committee for altering the schedule to end TSIP with Madrid in 2010. That Kitzbuhel week to end things last year almost cost me the championship!

In the spirit of good fun and competition, I have included the latest odds to win the title for the 2010 TSIP contest. Good luck to all!

Miles, 2-1. The favorite on dirt, as well as nearly every other surface for TAT fantasy tennis contests. This artist formerly known as “Krutin” took the title in 2008 and was runner-up in 2009 under his current moniker. Expect him to be motivated to avenge his runner-up status and regain the title.

Shtexas, 5-2. This TAT fantasy tennis star comes in having won the last two contests (2009 THRTNY and 2010 AMiTS). The 2006 TSIP runner-up will be trying to bag his third straight victory on the circuit.

Waylandboy, 5-1. This brash and handsome TATer broke through with his first fantasy tennis title on the clay in 2009 during his TSIP debut. It may seem like a tall order to repeat, but until he is beaten on dirt, he can’t be overlooked as the defending champ.

Omegadoom, 6-1. While this will be his maiden voyage in TSIP, he has proven to be a strong competitor the past 12 months with a first place medal on the lawns of Green Acres and a bronze in AMiTS. We shall see if he becomes an all-surface competitor and breaks through on the clay.

Drop-shot, 7-1. A dangerous floater in any fantasy tennis contest, this former AMiTS champion will be trying to improve on his 2009 TSIP bronze medal.

Suliso, 10-1. He shared the bronze medal podium spot with Dr. Drop last year. This former THRTNY champion has an aggressive and attacking style that always makes him a threat in a contest where anything can happen.

Dryunguy, 13-1. A bronze medalist in the 2006 TSIP, this veteran is starting to hear whispers that perhaps the fire doesn’t burn inside as in past years. How will he respond?

Moose, 13-1. A participant in every event, this accomplished medaler holds the dubious title as “Best TATer never to have won a 1st place fantasy tennis medal” Could this finally be his time?

Oploskoffie, 15-1. With four first place finishes and one second, this player is no stranger to great fantasy tennis success. For some reason either the schedule or interest hasn’t been high for TSIP. Expect the odds to improve if their entry in the contest is confirmed.

MysterX, 17-1. The 2006 champion hopes to recapture the glory days of a simpler time.

Nelsus, 19-1. The 2008 TSIP bronze medalist. Even years seem to have been kinder to this odd character.

The Field, 20-1. A surprise could always be lurking allowing a new face to break through. Time will tell if it happens for a second straight year in this contest.

Patrick, 25-1. His fans and pundits have been clamoring for him to hire a fantasy tennis coach to give this talented and gentle giant some new tactics.

Ptmcmahon, 32-1. He relishes being the underdog and the odds makers agree. At least the frequent press conferences will be colorful.

PeterSkan, 100-1. Perhaps due to poor finishes in 2006 and 2007, this player decided to skip this contest the past two years. There has been no official word as of yet on the prospects of a 2010 return.

That's all I've got kids. Let's get ready to RUMBLE

Quote Originally Posted by waylandboy-tw View Post
    The 2010 TSIP will mark the 5th anniversary of TAT’s oldest and arguably most prestigious fantasy tennis contest. I am proud to announce that as the current TSIP champion, Nike has outfitted my avatar with a commemorative shoe recognizing last year’s grand achievement.

It will be on display throughout the duration of the contest, but will not be made available for sale to the public. I also appreciate and applaud the TAT competition committee for altering the schedule to end TSIP with Madrid in 2010. That Kitzbuhel week to end things last year almost cost me the championship!

In the spirit of good fun and competition, I have included the latest odds to win the title for the 2010 TSIP contest. Good luck to all!

Miles, 2-1. The favorite on dirt, as well as nearly every other surface for TAT fantasy tennis contests. This artist formerly known as “Krutin” took the title in 2008 and was runner-up in 2009 under his current moniker. Expect him to be motivated to avenge his runner-up status and regain the title.

Shtexas, 5-2. This TAT fantasy tennis star comes in having won the last two contests (2009 THRTNY and 2010 AMiTS). The 2006 TSIP runner-up will be trying to bag his third straight victory on the circuit.

Waylandboy, 5-1. This brash and handsome TATer broke through with his first fantasy tennis title on the clay in 2009 during his TSIP debut. It may seem like a tall order to repeat, but until he is beaten on dirt, he can’t be overlooked as the defending champ.

Omegadoom, 6-1. While this will be his maiden voyage in TSIP, he has proven to be a strong competitor the past 12 months with a first place medal on the lawns of Green Acres and a bronze in AMiTS. We shall see if he becomes an all-surface competitor and breaks through on the clay.

Drop-shot, 7-1. A dangerous floater in any fantasy tennis contest, this former AMiTS champion will be trying to improve on his 2009 TSIP bronze medal.

Suliso, 10-1. He shared the bronze medal podium spot with Dr. Drop last year. This former THRTNY champion has an aggressive and attacking style that always makes him a threat in a contest where anything can happen.

Dryunguy, 13-1. A bronze medalist in the 2006 TSIP, this veteran is starting to hear whispers that perhaps the fire doesn’t burn inside as in past years. How will he respond?

Moose, 13-1. A participant in every event, this accomplished medaler holds the dubious title as “Best TATer never to have won a 1st place fantasy tennis medal” Could this finally be his time?

Oploskoffie, 15-1. With four first place finishes and one second, this player is no stranger to great fantasy tennis success. For some reason either the schedule or interest hasn’t been high for TSIP. Expect the odds to improve if their entry in the contest is confirmed.

MysterX, 17-1. The 2006 champion hopes to recapture the glory days of a simpler time.

Nelsus, 19-1. The 2008 TSIP bronze medalist. Even years seem to have been kinder to this odd character.

The Field, 20-1. A surprise could always be lurking allowing a new face to break through. Time will tell if it happens for a second straight year in this contest.

Patrick, 25-1. His fans and pundits have been clamoring for him to hire a fantasy tennis coach to give this talented and gentle giant some new tactics.

Ptmcmahon, 32-1. He relishes being the underdog and the odds makers agree. At least the frequent press conferences will be colorful.

PeterSkan, 100-1. Perhaps due to poor finishes in 2006 and 2007, this player decided to skip this contest the past two years. There has been no official word as of yet on the prospects of a 2010 return.

Excellent post

And I'm Marat or Henin (till she's seeded)
    Meet again we do, old foe...

It's a good thing you're funny wayland-boy...otherwise you'd be insuffrable
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

rofl

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Is it too early to declare something "Post of the TSiP"?
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

My odds should have been 50:1
    Last edited by patrick; 03-29-2010 at 09:10 PM.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Atleast you've got odds wink

Quote Originally Posted by luvs10s View Post
    Atleast you've got odds wink
    ......At least YOU didn't get CALLED odd*.

(*The ONLY snark amongst the blushing-with-adoration descriptions for Every. Other. TAT-ite. .)

Alternate post: On a positive note, at least quite possibly dry's about to finally lose his nelslus TAT slut-posts status, which of course dry had diligently grasped away from Scotty. (A nelslus NEVER forgets.)

The real nelslus post: /. Superb post.
    Last edited by nelslus; 03-29-2010 at 10:42 PM.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

Slut.
    Last edited by nelslus; 03-29-2010 at 10:34 PM.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

That was AWESOME, wayland!

But you're wrong about the fire not burning in my belly... It's just that the office refuses to cooperate. Those bastards!
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Very funny and an impressive post. I think this is like the Oscars, where its early in the year, but this post is definitely miles ahead for "post of the year".

Your new avatar is simply genius! Love it!

I think ya definitely got me overrated though!

Thanks for the post. It adds a refreshing twist to another fun TAT contest!

PS......Bring it on champ!

Look like "TAT bookie" has to revise the odds.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

I am only now reading it, but still

P.S. When is the deadline?

Where am I?
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    I am only now reading it, but still

P.S. When is the deadline?
    By the start of play in Casablanca tomorrow, which looks like it will probably be 11:00 A.M. Casablanca time (there is no OoP up for tomorrow yet).

By my calculations, that means 7:00 A.M. EST, 4:00 A.M. PST
    I'll miss you!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast