Agree Agree:  15
Likes Likes:  8
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Re: Your own, personal Climate Change

So, I know climate change is not a weather forecast, but we are having no winter in Dallas yet again. Temperatures staying around 70 in January, most days. That is what created another potentially dangerous pattern last Friday similar to October. This time, wind damage, hail, and tornado warnings. But, not the big tornado again. Then, it was cold Saturday, for one day. Now, I am sitting here on January 15, 2020 and it is 80 degrees! We were never a snow producer, but still, no snow since early March, 2013.

We've had flurries here in NYC but no real snow.
    Last weekend it was 70 degrees. By this Friday the temperature won't make it above 30 and there is snow in the forecast for Saturday.

These Chinese hoaxes are something else.
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

― Frank Zappa

The reverse. I am in Patagonia in the middle of the summer. We are just slightly south of Australia, parallel-wise.
    And we are all wearing sweaters because it is a chilly 9C (48F). When it should be over 90F on any other year. And I have been here before during this time of year and it was over 100F.
    Missing winter...

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Europe is having a very warm winter too. It hadn't snowed in the European part of Russia until January 1, which was a nice New Year's Day surprise for them, but normally snow starts by mid-November for sure.

My cousin in Germany mentioned she's yet to wear her winter coat and boots this winter.

Of course, Europe is now also having ridiculously hot summers which they don't have infrastructure (i.e. AC systems) for.

It's all pretty scary.

Very warm winter here in Switzerland, have to go fairly high to find snow. To be honest from a selfish point of view I love this kind of winter. Not a cold weather person...
    Roger forever

I want the opposite. I want Sagan's idea that we might trigger more rain and snow and one good winter there will be so much snow that we will enter a negative feedback loop and bounce so much radiation back we will trigger another ice-age.
    I want to ski right out of my house. And Stockholm surrounded by glaciers would look lovely.
    Missing winter...

I like four seasons. For the last few years we've had a rainy season and a dry season with a bit of "summer" thrown in for ish and giggles. Today the temp didn't hit 30F. There's supposed to be snow tomorrow. Next week looks like normal winter weather in these parts but more and more it's become "if you don't like the weather wait a minute..."
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

― Frank Zappa

Obviously same as Ponchi a bit to the north of Patagonia. Rather chill summer; not that I'm complaining. I suffer the heat.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123