Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Womens Day 9 (Tues) Aus Open SP Pick

Welcome to Day 9 ,and the first day of Quartersfinals of TAT's 6th Annual Australian Open Women’s Suicide Pool.

Did you remember that the women play their quarterfinal matches on separate days at the Aussie? Sure hope so, because it is what makes the Australian such a big challenge. With any luck, you've saved the picks that oyu will need from this half of the draw to get you to the finals.

NOTE: By mid-week we will be announcing the tiebreakers for the prize that is being given by our friend Jon Wertheim of Sports Illustrated.

Again, you will be making one pick EACH DAY of the women’s event (NOT one each round), and once you use a player, you can never use her again. There is a “picks and results thread” posted so you can check the choices you have already made. Especially at this point in the game, it is vital to check your earlier picks. We have lost people in the past this late in the game for making a duplicate pick.

It is very important you follow the schedule of play for the day posted below.

Post your Day 9 pick by replying IN THIS THREAD. Your pick must be in before the start of play for the day in Melbourne, rain or shine. For day 9, that’s Tuesday, 11:00 AM in AUSTRALIA. For those in the US, that is Monday 7:00 PM EST. Please do not be late, as we hate making those hard decisions, but we will. This thread will be locked at the deadline, so please don't wait until the last minute or you may find it locked when you hit "post."

If you change your mind after you make your pick, and before the deadline, please make a second post advising us of your change - PLEASE DO NOT make your change in your original post, as we often go through the posts before closing to begin the task of updating the picks and results, and we might miss a change if you edit your original pick.

You might want to scout your player and make sure there is not a known injury or illness issue.

Good luck!

Tuesday's Order of Play consists of the two quarterfinal matches from the BOTTOM half of the women’s draw:

Justine Henin BEL (W) vs. Nadia Petrova RUS (19)
    Jie Zheng CHN vs. Maria Kirilenko RUS
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Re: Womens Day 9 (Tues) Aus Open SP Pick

Open for day 9!

Fed Fan
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I may have to wake up in the middle of the night to see how Vera & Vika are doing (could we please just move them to Hisense so they don't go on at midnight??) and keep the faith that Bepa will pull through.

And if she does, I find it funny and quite terrifying that while I've purposely avoided Kirilenko specifically because I don't trust her, I now suddenly find myself with no choice but to say...

Make mine a Makiri, please.
    16 and counting...

JUPITER'S GHOST - catch up on all the episodes at http://www.youtube.com/user/jupitersghost

Tennis begins with love.

Maria Kirilenko please.

by necessity,

nadia petrova, please

tw
    seaweed

Tour Pro
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Kirilenko

Jie ZHENG!

tennis nut
    Awards Showcase

Not much choice for me either.

Kirilenko
    Tennis - the sport for a lifetime.

Maria Kirilenko

Kirilenko please

Ay ay ay, almost there but still have to risk it on Zheng.

Meet again we do, old foe...

Jie Zheng for me please

Jie Zheng

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

The hour having arrived, Day 9 is now CLOSED. Good luck everyone. And sorry to those who are going to be going home by the end of the day.
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)