Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 2010 Australian Open YCWJ: Scoreboard and Lounge

Scores through the end of the 3rd Round

After the 3rd round, sluggo-13 still leads with 42 points, but he only has two picks left to fend off the competition.

Leading the rest of the pack and coming on very strong with all of his ATP picks left is Charlie02123. He's only 3 points behind sluggo-13 and will likely pass him soon.

Dowser55 is in 3rd with 35, and he still has 3 picks left so he still has some upward mobility.

Jkfriedman is the other contestant with 3 picks remaining, but he's 11 points behind the leader.

Congrats to Justme on clinching the wooden spoon of the wooden spoon award with a total of 7 points!

Good Luck All.

To track your picks

Any questions or issues

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Booo...even when I don't do good, I usually have at least one pick playing into the late rounds here....oh well!
    Thanks for the medal Johanna!

Tsonga and Li both won
    That's it - I'm done

Another futile Can't Win Jack
    but wait til the French - "I'LL BE BACK"
    TIHBS TIHBW

Avatar --> Politician 1: Philosopher King

Scores through the end of the 4th Round

The 4th round brought wins for many of people's picks. Only 10 people have a pick left, and only Charlie02123 has more than one. Charlie has now taken the lead over from sluggo-13 and is now 2 points ahead of him (46 to 44).

Only one other participant has a shot at winning the contest. GreenGourd is 6 points behind sluggo and 8 points behind Charlie, but he has a pick left that neither of them do.

Good Luck All.

To track your picks

Any questions or issues
    Last edited by Togtdyalttai; 01-25-2010 at 02:55 PM.

Scores through the end of the Quarterfinals

The landscape of picks after the quarterfinals is positively barren. Only two picks are left: Melanie Oudin, who was picked by four different people, and Robby Ginepri, who was picked by Charlie02123.

If Li Na can beat Serena Williams in the semifinals, Charlie will clinch the 2010 AO YCWJ. If not, sluggo-13 still has a shot.

Good Luck All.

To track your picks

Any questions or issues

Quote Originally Posted by Togtdyalttai View Post
    The landscape of picks after the quarterfinals is positively barren. Only two picks are left: Melanie Oudin, who was picked by four different people, and Robby Ginepri, who was picked by Charlie02123.

If Li Na can beat Serena Williams in the semifinals, Charlie will clinch the 2010 AO YCWJ. If not, sluggo-13 still has a shot.
    My faith in Robby's worthlessness knows no bounds. I hope you've all learned a lesson from this.

I am not a believer in the Oudin hype and see her as a 1-hit Wonder Slam. Thanks Oudin for putting in a position to win something here at TAT!

Good luck Charlie... may the best team lose!

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Doh...so close, had Kudryasteva on my team...at least I had the right first match (although it was in my # 4 slot.) And she did lose the first set too!

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by sluggo-13 View Post
    I am not a believer in the Oudin hype and see her as a 1-hit Wonder Slam. Thanks Oudin for putting in a position to win something here at TAT!

Good luck Charlie... may the best team lose!
    So is the 1 slam Wimbledon or USO then?

Scores through the end of the Semifinals

Every pick that was still alive won in the semifinals. That brings us to a good scenario for Charlie02123. For him to win, either Murray must beat Federer or Serena must beat Henin. If both of those matches don't go Charlie's way, then sluggo-13 will be our champion.

As for picking the wooden spoon winner, the other people who have a chance with an Henin victory are deelighted2, greenhopper, and Omegadoom. If Henin does win, deelighted will displace GreenGourd for 3rd place in the contest.

Good Luck All.

To track your picks

Any questions or issues

Extra motivation then to say "Allez, Justine!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12