Agree Agree:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Have you ever...?

Quote Originally Posted by TennisBen21 View Post
    My record is 7 in a row.
    I haven't double faulted 7 times in a row, but I've probably tossed up 7 bad tosses before finally hitting the serve.
    My Happy Place

This thread is pretty old but while training something happened that I had never done before.
    My trainer served to me. He broke his strings on the serve, which landed in (a fine slice to my FH). I had to lunge and slapped the return back. Which landed in for a clean winner, and I had too broken my strings.
    He did not have an extra racket. We stopped there.
    Starry starry night

This thread is amusing; I had never seen it before.

I skimmed it, so may have missed it, but did have an opponent recently hit a winner in which he used the non-dominant hand. He couldn't get to the ball, so switched and managed to punch it down the line using the speed of the approach shot.

I also had one last week in a doubles match during which our opponent pegged us (with slams) 3 times at the net. Not gonna lie I nearly lost my sh1t the 3rd time. (This is a group we always have problems with - during the same match they called a let on a ball that rolled in the court AFTER they had hit their shot that was on the way out (and there was no way they could have seen it coming before it appeared due to our court location))

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    This thread is pretty old but while training something happened that I had never done before.
    My trainer served to me. He broke his strings on the serve, which landed in (a fine slice to my FH). I had to lunge and slapped the return back. Which landed in for a clean winner, and I had too broken my strings.
    He did not have an extra racket. We stopped there.
    Crazy! I once played few matches with a heavily cracked frame. And I was hitting the ball beautifully with it. Finally snapped.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Have you ever ... lost a set leading 5-1, 40-15, and not because your opponent got under your skin by calling an ace out on your first set point, but rather because you're a world-class choker?

Feels pretty bad.
    Last edited by MeganFernandez; 11-12-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Double faulted four time in a row. Yes, but that had a lot to do with not playing for ten years, using someone else's racket, and trying to play using bi-focals.

Or just tell us what wacky, crazy shot you have hit that you know it was more luck than skills. I once hit a backhand slice that hit the top of the net, rolled along the net for three-quarters of the width of the court, and then fell onto the other side of the net.

Have you ever sworn at your doubled partner? No, but I did call one an idiot. He didn't hear me, but one of our opponents told him.
    My Suicide Draw Pool avatar

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Since no one else has done it yet, I will say no to all of the above...but theres a very obvious reason for that...another have you ever question I'd have to say no to.

Have you ever ACTUALLY played tennis? Because your post is puzzling to me
    Starry starry night

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

That would be the other question I would have to say no to
    Thanks for the medal Johanna!

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    That would be the other question I would have to say no to
    That's what I figured. Never too late!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123