Agree Agree:  9
Likes Likes:  16
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: World's Worst Parents thread

Under the jail isn't good enough for these people.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Allowing a registered sexual offender to live in a home with a little girl was reluctantly approved by the state Department of Children and Family Services...
    WTF?

That is one effed up family.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Where am I?
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Mommy's too scared of losing her ****buddy to care about your welfare, honey.

This is despicable.
    I'll miss you!

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

This is a commentary, but the incident did happen:

Mom Kills Son for Potty Training Accident, Then Eats Pizza

Posted by Julie Ryan Evans on March 7, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Potty training
    is one of the most frustrating parenting experiences I've faced, but I still can't muster even a fraction of an ounce of empathy for Robin Greinke, 26, an Illinois woman, who along with her boyfriend beat her 3-year-old son to death because he wet his pants. Once they were finished, and he lay nearby dying, they ate a pizza and watched a movie.

Greinke and Steven Neil, 33, admitted that they took turns beating the boy for more than an hour after he had an accident February 8 while they were visiting Florida. "They were upset with him and they tossed him and spanked him and punched him," a homicide investigator told Central Florida News 13.

After enjoying themselves with the pizza and movie, Greinke finally called 911 around 5 a.m. to say her son, Noah Fake, was wheezing, and she couldn't sleep. She couldn't sleep. No one with even a hint of a conscience possibly could, but apparently she has none.

If it was a rash incident, it wouldn't make it any better, but at least there would be a tiny hint of understanding of how someone can snap. Potty training can be brutal, but this? This is truly one of the most horrific, unconscionable acts against a child by his own mother I've come across. It makes me physically ache to think about what this child endured.
    I just can't imagine what cold, callous people these individuals must be, and what an awful life this boy must have led during the years he was alive. With a mother like that, I can't imagine they were anything but awful. I don't want to believe he's better off dead, but he would likely be better off anywhere than in the care of a woman who could not only kill, but sit by and chow down on dinner afterwards. Monster is the only word for someone like that, and no alcohol or drugs or anything else can provide even a hint of an excuse for these actions.

The couple has been charged with aggravated child abuse, child neglect,and first-degree murder. Greinke was denied bail on Saturday and remains in jail and on suicide watch. I hope they watch her closely, because she doesn't deserve such an easy escape from her actions.

While I don't support the death penalty, it's cases like this that make me question that stance. I hope whatever punishment they face is as severe as the law allows and that they never get to enjoy a piece of pizza or view a movie ever again.

http://www.systemwars.com/forums/sho...kid-lays-dying

Quote Originally Posted by jadesa View Post
    Read this story in the paper today
    I have to add that, at a minimum, a whole bunch of heads should roll at the state Department of Children and Family Services. I am disgusted that they approved this arrangement. I'd have no problem with criminal prosecution against these workers.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

To their credit, I'm that if they knew he was dying from their hour-long beating, I'm sure they would have paused the movie, but there's nothing more disappointing than a cold pizza.
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

Quote Originally Posted by jadesa View Post
    Read this story in the paper today
    You know, every time I read something like this, I always think of that opening sequence from Idiocracy about human evolution.
    Blue Steel

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by beaujarkko View Post
    Mommy's too scared of losing her ****buddy to care about your welfare, honey.

This is despicable.
    Concise and spot-on.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Greinke was denied bail on Saturday and remains in jail and on suicide watch. I hope they watch her closely, because she doesn't deserve such an easy escape from her actions.
    I'd hand her the rope.

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Facebook-Loving Couple Names Baby "Like"
    May 16, 2011

Think you like Facebook? Think again.

An Israeli couple likes Facebook so much that they named their newborn daughter "Like." You know as in the like icon on the popular Palo Alto-based social-networking site.

"To me it is important to give my children names that are not used anywhere else, at least not in Israel," the father told the German Press Agency dpa."If once people gave Biblical names and that was the icon, then today [the Facebook Like] is one of the most famous icons in the world."

Like is Lior and Vardit Adler's third child. The other two are named Dvash (Hebrew for "Honey") and Pie.

The couple said the sound of the name was also important to them. Lior says Like has a "nice, international ring to it."

Lior and Vardit Adler's friends and families were described as reacting "incredulously" when they were told of little girl's name.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/blogs/pres...901284.html?dr
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I always cringe when I see this thread updated in the RPB.

::

Lior and Vardit need to learn the lessons that time teaches us.

This story makes me think of my friend's twins, "Pong" and "Cassette", both of whom started high school just as the Sony Play Station and MP3 players were becoming popular.

Honey, Pie, and Like?

Gross.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    I always cringe when I see this thread updated in the RPB.

::

Lior and Vardit need to learn the lessons that time teaches us.

This story makes me think of my friend's twins, "Pong" and "Cassette", both of whom started high school just as the Sony Play Station and MP3 players were becoming popular.

Or the father who loved the company he worked for so much, he convinced his wife to name their daughter after the company. A decision I'm sure they came to regret by the constant reminder after he was fired five years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    Honey, Pie, and Like?

Gross.
    Or Like Honey Pie? Or Like Pie, Honey?

"Can we get pie on the way home?"
    "No, you've had too many damn sweets this week!"
    "No, I mean can we pick up Pie from soccer practice?"
    "Sure. Then we'll grab pizza on the way home."
    "No, Like doesn't like pizza."
    "What the hell are you talking about?"