Agree Agree:  1,058
Likes Likes:  1,129
Page 627 of 627 FirstFirst ... 377527577602617623624625626627
Results 9,391 to 9,396 of 9396

Re: World News Random, Random

Julia Davis
    @JuliaDavisNews

Everyone has had it with Trump. Even the Russians.

Trump administration talk about starting a new arms race has the Kremlin on edge. It's as if they suddenly realized their buffoon has his finger on the thermonuclear button.

https://thedailybeast.com/russian-st...haired-monster

Russian state TV host wondered out loud why Trump isn’t being impeached for planning to reverse a decades-long moratorium on nuclear testing—a stunning shift, after Russia cheered him on throughout his actual impeachment and trial a few months ago.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Julia Davis
    @JuliaDavisNews

Everyone has had it with Trump. Even the Russians.

Trump administration talk about starting a new arms race has the Kremlin on edge. It's as if they suddenly realized their buffoon has his finger on the thermonuclear button.

https://thedailybeast.com/russian-st...haired-monster

Russian state TV host wondered out loud why Trump isn’t being impeached for planning to reverse a decades-long moratorium on nuclear testing—a stunning shift, after Russia cheered him on throughout his actual impeachment and trial a few months ago.
    They may have been supportive of Trump during the impeachment trial, but they've been back and forth with him throughout the Presidency. The whole point is to remove the US from the "leader of the free world" pedestal (and then blame all domestic problems on US/"the West"), so there's been plenty of ridiculing Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    They may have been supportive of Trump during the impeachment trial, but they've been back and forth with him throughout the Presidency. The whole point is to remove the US from the "leader of the free world" pedestal (and then blame all domestic problems on US/"the West"), so there's been plenty of ridiculing Trump.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Merkel declines Trump’s G-7 invitation, citing coronavirus travel concerns

By
    Anne Gearan
    May 30, 2020 at 1:32 p.m. EDT

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has declined President Trump’s invitation to attend an in-person meeting of the Group of Seven next month in Washington, citing concerns about the coronavirus pandemic.

Trump plans to hold the world-leader gathering at the White House in late June as a sign of recovery from the pandemic that has killed more than 100,000 Americans and more than 365,000 worldwide.

Merkel objected to holding the meeting in person, which requires travel that a government spokesman suggested is unnecessary. The United States has more cases than any of the other members of the G-7: Germany, France, Japan, Italy, Canada and the United Kingdom.

“The federal chancellor thanks President Trump for his invitation to the G-7 summit at the end of June in Washington. As of today, considering the overall pandemic situation, she cannot agree to her personal participation, to a journey to Washington,” the spokesman said in a statement provided to The Washington Post. “She will of course continue to monitor the development of the pandemic.”

The White House would not confirm Merkel’s decision to decline, which was first reported by Politico. Trump spoke with another G-7 leader, Emmanuel Macron of France, on Saturday, and the two presidents “discussed progress on convening the G7,” according to a statement from the White House.

The Trump administration had announced in March that the annual gathering of large industrial economies would take place virtually, but switched it back to an in-person meeting earlier this month.

French President Emmanuel Macron and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe have indicated they will attend, and British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is expected to do so. Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has not committed, citing health concerns.

“There are significant health preoccupations that we have around holding an in-person meeting,” Trudeau said Wednesday, during a news conference. “Would we then as leaders have to self-isolate when we return, which is right now the rule in Canada?”

Abe may also have to self-isolate upon his return to Japan.

Italy’s participation is unclear.

Seung Min Kim and Souad Mekhennet contributed to this report.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...d59_story.html

"...a sign of recovery from the pandemic..." What rose-colored glasses must that man be looking through or in what alternate reality must that man still be living?

Good decision by Merkel. The others should follow suit. GH

CNN Breaking News @cnnbrk

President Donald Trump has announced he is postponing the G7 until at least September and wants to invite four additional countries to the summit

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/30/polit...ber/index.html

Page 627 of 627 FirstFirst ... 377527577602617623624625626627