Agree Agree:  837
Likes Likes:  966
Page 556 of 570 FirstFirst ... 306456506531546552553554555556557558559560566 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,340 of 8549

Re: World News Random, Random

Notre Dame de Paris is on fire.

pic via malotru @malotru3
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Luke Baker
    ‏Verified account
    @BakerLuke

Fire at Paris’ Notre Dame cathedral was started by accident and is related to ongoing work, according to France 2, citing police. Either way it is terrible and a hideous blow to the symbolic heart of the city
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Oh no... Just yesterday was watching a TV program saying how much money is needed to restore it to the top shape...
    Roger forever

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

This is heartbreaking.

Oh Grigor. You silly man.

I seldom use the word tragedy. Today is one such day.
    I cried when I heard that Palmyra, in Syria, had been destroyed by Al Qaeda. Notre Dame is one of my favorite buildings in the world.
    I cry for it.
    Starry starry night

Don't forget the towering statues of the Buddha that were destroyed by the Taliban.

Jesse Rodriguez
    ‏Verified account
    @JesseRodriguez

AP: French Interior Ministry official says firefighters might not be able to save Notre Dame Cathedral.

1010 WINS
    ‏Verified account
    @1010WINS

UPDATE: Despite Trump tweeting, "perhaps flying water tankers could be used to put it out," French Defense ministry said dumping water on the building could cause the whole structure to collapse http://bit.ly/2GmM9QE

What does Elon Musk have to say?
    You do know you could find yourself charged with being a dominant species while under the influence of impulse-driven consumerism, don't you?” - Terry Pratchett

The roof has collapsed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You do know you could find yourself charged with being a dominant species while under the influence of impulse-driven consumerism, don't you?” - Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by MJ2004 View Post
    The roof has collapsed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Historical Pics
    ‏@HistoricalStuff

The beautiful Rose Window of #NotreDame ������

Guillaume A.
    ‏@Guillaume_Alv
    9m9 minutes ago
    More
    Le Général Gallet: "On peut considérer maintenant que les deux tours de Notre-Dame sont sauvées."
    "Il faut maintenant refroidir les différents points, cela prendra plusieurs heures, mais la structure de Notre-Dame est sauvée."
    #NotreDame

Translated from French by Microsoft
    General Gallet: "we can now consider that the two towers of Notre-Dame are saved."
    "We must now cool the various points, it will take several hours, but the structure of our Lady is saved."
    #NotreDame

It’s not just a question of money. The craftsmanship no longer exists to replace something like this.

I’ve been to Notre Dame several times. A true highlight of visiting not just Paris, but Europe in general. I’m sorry for anyone who has missed the opportunity. It was really stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ2004 View Post
    It’s not just a question of money. The craftsmanship no longer exists to replace something like this.

I’ve been to Notre Dame several times. A true highlight of visiting not just Paris, but Europe in general. I’m sorry for anyone who has missed the opportunity. It was really stunning.
    When we went to Paris it was the first place we visited. I want to dig my pictures out but I can't right now. I just hope they don't put up some concrete box and keep the towers and flying buttresses.

The men who did the type of work required to reconstruct this are either very old or deceased.

Page 556 of 570 FirstFirst ... 306456506531546552553554555556557558559560566 ... LastLast