Page 201 of 201 FirstFirst ... 101151176191197198199200201
Results 3,001 to 3,005 of 3005
    Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Add Like Mad Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Base Jumping Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Pacman Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Pool Jam - 5 Minute Game Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Quick Words Champion, Archery Champion, Ultimate Jewel Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: World News Random, Random

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    Also in Pakistan, but I wouldn't take stats from places like that at face value...

Anyway it's not a surprise to anyone that men kill both others and themselves more often than women. We are more aggressive and suffer failure, real or perceived, less easily.
    I was only looking at the dark reds. You're right. I noticed China and Iraq have higher rates of female suicides than males. But the overall rates for those countries are pretty low. Overall, suicide is an overwhelmingly male behavior.
    Gender should never be a death sentence. http://www.facebook.com/The.Worldwide.War.on.Girls. A civilized nation doesn't tolerate violence against women. http://www.facebook.com/TheSilenceStopsNow?ref=hl. Microlending harbors tremendous potential to improve the economic, social, political, and educational empowerment of women and children. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Globa...417742?fref=ts

Sony Hack: North Korea Experiences Internet Outage (Report)

by THR Staff 12/22/2014 11:11am PDT

Days after President Obama vowed a response to North Korea for a damaging cyberattack against Sony studios, the totalitarian regime is reportedly experiencing an internet outage on Monday.

‘‘The situation now is they are totally offline,’’ Doug Madory, director of Internet analysis at Dyn Research, told Bloomberg News. ‘‘I don’t know that someone is launching a cyber-attack against North Korea, but this isn’t normal for them. Usually they are up solid. It is kind of out of the ordinary. This is not like anything I’ve seen before.”

The news report did not specify the origin of the internet outage.

Another expert, CloudFlare founder Matthew Prince, described North Korea's current internet capability as "toast," according to The New York Times.

On Friday, the president had pledged an unspecified response to the cyberattack.

"They caused a lot of damage, and we will respond," Obama stated at a press conference. "We will respond proportionally, and we’ll respond in a place and time and manner that we choose. It’s not something that I will announce here today at a press conference."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...4%3A35_ehayden
    Oh heaven...I wake with good intentions but the day it always lasts too long... Emeli Sande

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Deuces Wild Champion, Magic Towers Solitaire Champion Kirkus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Sony Hack: North Korea Experiences Internet Outage (Report)

by THR Staff 12/22/2014 11:11am PDT

Days after President Obama vowed a response to North Korea for a damaging cyberattack against Sony studios, the totalitarian regime is reportedly experiencing an internet outage on Monday.

‘‘The situation now is they are totally offline,’’ Doug Madory, director of Internet analysis at Dyn Research, told Bloomberg News. ‘‘I don’t know that someone is launching a cyber-attack against North Korea, but this isn’t normal for them. Usually they are up solid. It is kind of out of the ordinary. This is not like anything I’ve seen before.”

The news report did not specify the origin of the internet outage.

Another expert, CloudFlare founder Matthew Prince, described North Korea's current internet capability as "toast," according to The New York Times.

On Friday, the president had pledged an unspecified response to the cyberattack.

"They caused a lot of damage, and we will respond," Obama stated at a press conference. "We will respond proportionally, and we’ll respond in a place and time and manner that we choose. It’s not something that I will announce here today at a press conference."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...4%3A35_ehayden
    Hmm. I wonder what happened?

Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    Hmm. I wonder what happened?

Beats me.
    Oh heaven...I wake with good intentions but the day it always lasts too long... Emeli Sande

Russia May Be Cut to Junk as S&P Says It’s Considering Downgrade
    By Ye Xie Dec 23, 2014 1:04 PM ET

Russia may lose its investment grade for the first time in a decade after Standard & Poor’s signaled it’s considering cutting the country’s rating.

“We are reviewing our assessment of Russia’s monetary flexibility and the impact of the weakening economy on its financial system,” S&P said in a statement. The move implies at least a one-in-two likelihood of a “negative rating action”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-1...863dd6ad8bb400

Page 201 of 201 FirstFirst ... 101151176191197198199200201