Agree Agree:  1,137
Likes Likes:  1,194
Page 643 of 643 FirstFirst ... 393543593618633639640641642643
Results 9,631 to 9,645 of 9645

Re: World News Random, Random

POLIZEI WIEN
    @LPDWien

Shots fired in the Inner City district - there are persons injured - KEEP AWAY from all public places or public Transport - don't share any Videos or Fotos!
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

POLIZEI WIEN
    @LPDWien
    · 8m
    CONFIRMED at the moment:
    *08:00 pm: several shots fired, beginning at Seitenstettengasse
    *several suspects armed with rifles
    *six different shooting locations
    * one deceaced person, several injured (1 officer included)
    *1 suspect shot and killed by police officers #0211w
    Hans de Vreij
    @hdevreij
    ·
    2m
    Vienna terror attack:
    *Six different shooting locations
    *1 suspect shot and killed. Several injured (including one police officer)

Emmanuel Macron
    @EmmanuelMacron

Nous, Français, partageons le choc et la peine du peuple autrichien frappé ce soir par un attentat au cœur de sa capitale, Vienne. Après la France, c’est un pays ami qui est attaqué. C’est notre Europe. Nos ennemis doivent savoir à qui ils ont affaire. Nous ne céderons rien.

Translated from French by Google

We French share the shock and grief of the Austrian people struck this evening by an attack in the heart of their capital, Vienna. After France, a friendly country is attacked. This is our Europe. Our enemies must know who they are dealing with. We will not give up.

At least 15 now being reported as 15 injured, two dead (including 1 of the attackers) in Vienna.
    "And for my next fearless prediction..."

This really strengthened in a hurry

(Reuters) - Eta could strengthen into a Category 5 hurricane before it makes landfall along the coast of Nicaragua on Tuesday, the U.S. National Hurricane Center (NHC) said.

The system is located about 40 miles (65 km) east of Puerto Cabezas, Nicaragua, packing maximum sustained winds of 150 miles per hour (240 km/h), the NHC added.
    "And for my next fearless prediction..."

There are reports floating around that Vlad will step down soon due to complications of Parkinson's Disease.

What???
    Roger forever

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    There are reports floating around that Vlad will step down soon due to complications of Parkinson's Disease.
    From what I see, this is based on something a pundit said on a TV show when he was openly speculating

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    What???
    Kremlin Denies Reports Putin is Ill, Planning to Resign
    The denial amounted to a rare statement about the 68-year-old autocrat’s physical health following a report from a British tabloid.

By Paul D. Shinkman, Senior Writer, National Security 

THE KREMLIN ON FRIDAY insisted that Russian President Vladimir Putin is in good health and has no plans to resign – a rare on-record comment about the guarded leader's private life forced by a speculative report in a British tabloid suggesting he "has possible symptoms of Parkinson's disease."

"No," spokesman Dmitry Peskov said Thursday morning when asked whether Putin has plans to resign. "He is in excellent health."

A report from The Sun on Thursday suggested the 68-year-old autocrat plans to step down based on a claim that Putin's reported mistress implored him to resign amid health issues. The report also cited an analysis of video footage that The Sun claimed portrays Putin involuntarily trembling and showing signs of pain, along with reports of prior medical concerns.

"This is pure nonsense. The president is well," Peskov said.

It was unclear why the Kremlin felt obligated to address the report and reference it through its heavily controlled state media service, though Putin has been notoriously image-conscious throughout his tenure and has long sought to project displays of his vitality.

The future of Putin's tenure has indeed wrought international scrutiny in recent months. Having served for longer than any leader in Moscow since Josef Stalin, Putin consolidated power in early January through a series of forced reforms that essentially allows him to remain in power indefinitely.

American and European officials and analysts believe the move was at least in part due to Putin's inability to find a successor who would protect him from legal persecution if and when he follows the Russian tradition of elder statesmen leaving public life to retire into relative obscurity.

Putin has already built a billion-dollar palace complex for himself, ironically called "Dacha Putin" or "Putin's country cottage" as a dry reference to the sorts of Black Sea-adjacent retirements his predecessors enjoyed.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world-re...ning-to-resign

This seems to be about as believable as Kim dying anytime soon. Not impossible, but more wishfull thinking than anything else.
    Roger forever

I read this yesterday. Seems it comes from UK sources. The article went into "hints" of the disease.

Regardless, if it's true, we'll know soon enought. He would resign next year but be given a life-term position in the senate for political immunity.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Olga Lautman
    @OlgaNYC1211
    The building that houses offices of United Russia is on fire in Moscow

Mueller, She Wrote Podcast
    @MuellerSheWrote·
    Huge Mob boss Cortese flips in Italy and within hours Putin’s party offices are on fire. I’m sure it’s just an accident and a total coincidence. twitter.com/olganyc1211/st…

Eric Garland
    @ericgarland
    WHOA. I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT connected with that incredibly huge news item I posted a few hours ago.

Maybe someone with expertise could help...

Anyone...?

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Olga Lautman
    @OlgaNYC1211
    The building that houses offices of United Russia is on fire in Moscow

Mueller, She Wrote Podcast
    @MuellerSheWrote·
    Huge Mob boss Cortese flips in Italy and within hours Putin’s party offices are on fire. I’m sure it’s just an accident and a total coincidence. twitter.com/olganyc1211/st…

(As one can see, just the roof was on fire. Their offices are on the bottom floor (one of many not the HQ). The rest of the building is residential)

This is strengthening so quickly that the Twitter sidebar still has it as a Cat 4. Keep in mind, this is almost the exact same area that got hit with a Cat 4 two weeks ago.

National Hurricane Center
    @NHC_Atlantic

Hurricane #Iota Advisory 13A: Category 5 Iota Headed For Nicaragua. Expected to Bring Catastrophic Winds, Life-Threatening Storm Surge, and Torrential Rainfall to Central America. http://go.usa.gov/W3H

Also, because Mother Nature is royally pissed at us, a deadly typhoon tore through the Philippines and Vietnam.

Typhoon Vamco heads for Vietnam after 67 are killed in the Philippines

Page 643 of 643 FirstFirst ... 393543593618633639640641642643