Agree Agree:  131
Likes Likes:  240
Page 186 of 186 FirstFirst ... 86136161176182183184185186
Results 2,776 to 2,785 of 2785
    Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Re: Other Sports Random, Random

Definitely do it! Any site fine with me.

My kids all usually put in brackets too. One year I would've won a money pool if I had used daughter's picks.

I'd do an NCAA tourney pool
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Slingo Para-Dice Champion, Quick Words Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm happy to grab last place. Delaware State is #1, right?

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

My son did pick Virginia to win the title last year...only to see them become the first #1 to lose to a #16 ever.
    Thanks for the medal Johanna!

I don't follow basketball at all. Still, if you do a league, I will gladly enter. I'll probably fight with Dry for last place (if his comment is indicative of his level of knowledge....it would be for mine!). I am probably capable of entering it on any one of the 3 places you mentioned, so do whatever is easiest for you and the others. Thanks!!

GH

ESPN PR
    ‏Verified account
    @ESPNPR

ESPN Statement Regarding the NCAA Women’s Tournament Bracket https://es.pn/2TQj0VP

"Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by GlennHarman View Post
    I don't follow basketball at all. Still, if you do a league, I will gladly enter. I'll probably fight with Dry for last place (if his comment is indicative of his level of knowledge....it would be for mine!). I am probably capable of entering it on any one of the 3 places you mentioned, so do whatever is easiest for you and the others. Thanks!!

GH
    I've played a lot of different fantasy sports, and pick em leagues and out of all them... I'd say the NCAA tournament is the most wide open contest you can be in...every year you see winners who picked teams based on silly things, like favorite colours, or picking all birds etc. It's the best contest for people who are completely casual about their NCAA viewership. My best finish ever came in a year where I knew nothing before reading a short preview before doing my bracket and picking teams that it said "rebounded well."
    Thanks for the medal Johanna!

March Madness thread is here with group info and instructions. All are welcome to join. Post in there if you have any questions.

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum...h-Madness-2019

Quote Originally Posted by GlennHarman View Post

GH
    Glenn you should absolutely fill out a bracket. It really is very easy. Did you know the first four games that take place on Tuesday to complete the field are held at the University of Dayton?

I'm calling you and @dry early favorites to win it all. That is so how March Madness pools work. First pool I ever won was the first one I entered, my mom's office pool when I was 16. Everyone's family members regularly participated, but they were completely put out that the teenager won.

By the way, a person living in the Dayton area would have to be at least deaf and blind not to know that the first four games happen here. Dayton has had the play-in games since the concept came along, and it is seen as a hugely big deal here. I think that is exactly why this is the perfect place. If they were in a very big market, like L.A., they probably wouldn't have the "time stops for this" feeling that this event has come to have here. The games sell out and everyone talks about them, because it is probably the biggest thing that happens here every year. Also, Dayton is pretty aggressive about trying to lure such things. The city government pays close attention to the economic potential of such things, and they estimate that the city makes $4.5 million off of these games that happen over 2 nights.

So, while I don't pay any attention to the actual games, I hear all the buzz going on this week every year. I even told Chris last night that some year (certainly not this one.....I'm swamped at school right now) I'm going to go to one night of those games just to see what all the hub-bub is about.

I'm glad I'm an "early favorite" in the pool, but my performance in our contests in the last few years would suggest that you shouldn't put too much money on me.

GH

Page 186 of 186 FirstFirst ... 86136161176182183184185186