Agree Agree:  155
Likes Likes:  262
Page 193 of 193 FirstFirst ... 93143168183189190191192193
Results 2,881 to 2,885 of 2885

Re: Other Sports Random, Random

There is so much glory in his misery, it's hilarious. I saw plenty, "I hate to kick a guy when he's down, but what would Marchand do? He'd punch him in his head, so carry and enjoy his tears" kind of tweets. Clearly one of the most hated guys in the league, sounds like a consistently dirty player. I don't follow enough to know, but thought that honor went to Tom Wilson, but I'm thinking Marchand is hated by fans even more.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

It's not really that he's dirty, he just does so much stuff that you question and say, why would someone do this to another person? He's more agitator than anything. I think the peak of it was last year in the playoffs when he licked an opponent.
    Thanks for the medal Johanna!

To our knowledgeable futbol fans:

I'm watching the World Cup, and Canada is playing New Zealand. Canada just scored and it made me think of how they credit goals. Has there ever been a thought to not give credit to just one player? I know international goals scored is a bit stat and World Cup goals scored an even more notable stat.

This one player, Prince? She did every last bit of the work to get the goal, but another player, Fleming, will get credit for tapping the ball into the net. Has there ever been a push to sort of give credit like it's a NFL throw, a QB to a WR where they both get noted credit for the TD? An assist, especially when apparently not given the same attention as goals, doesn't seem like enough.

Assists are tallied in international football. Not always but they do.
    But other than that, the last player that touches the ball gets the goal. And it is very frequent that somebody blasted the ball, it hit an opponent and the self-goal is not acknowledged.
    Starry starry night

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    This one player, Prince? She did every last bit of the work to get the goal, but another player, Fleming, will get credit for tapping the ball into the net. Has there ever been a push to sort of give credit like it's a NFL throw, a QB to a WR where they both get noted credit for the TD? An assist, especially when apparently not given the same attention as goals, doesn't seem like enough.
    Karma did her right after with the second goal...Sinclair hit the post and Prince was there to put the rebound away
    Thanks for the medal Johanna!

Page 193 of 193 FirstFirst ... 93143168183189190191192193