Agree Agree:  187
Likes Likes:  290
Page 199 of 200 FirstFirst ... 99149174189195196197198199200 LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 2989

Re: Other Sports Random, Random

Something seems to be missing from that photo, but I can't put my finger on what . . .

......and I find the fact that that "something" is missing to be pretty hilarious. Says a lot about the plans. GH

The most dominant athletes of the decade
    Scott Davis, Tyler Lauletta and Meredith Cash
    Dec 4, 2019

1. LeBron James - NBA (basketball) forward
    2. Serena Williams - Tennis player.
    3. Tom Brady - NFL Quarterback
    4. Roger Federer - Tennis player
    5. Lionel Messi - Soccer (football) striker
    6. Michael Phelps - Swimmer
    7. Cristiano Ronaldo - Soccer (football) forward
    8. Simone Biles - gymnast
    9. Clayton Kershaw - MLB Baseball pitcher
    10. Rafael Nadal - Tennis player
    11. Sidney Crosby - NHL Hockey center
    12. Diana Taurasi - Women's NBA guard, White Mamba
    13. Floyd Mayweather - Boxing
    14. Usain Bolt - Sprinter
    15. Novak Djokovic - Tennis player
    16. Lewis Hamilton - F1 driver
    17. Kevin Durant - NBA forward
    18. Stephen Curry - NBA guard
    19. Mike Trout - MLB Baseball center fielder
    20. Katie Ledecky - Swimmer

Full List
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.”

― Frank Zappa

If the criterion being used to establish that list was domination within one's own sport, I might have to put Simone Biles first. She has so eclipsed the rest of the participants in wins, medals, whatever, that I almost feel like she is more dominant within that sport than the 7 above her.

GH

I would certainly not put Roger in 4th (not for this last decade). If you are talking about dominance, I think that you have to go with Djokovic, followed by men's tennis in Nadal. Both have quite a few more grand slam titles in the last decade than Roger. And I agree with Glenn that Biles should definitely be higher than 8th.
    "And for my next fearless prediction..."

Also:
    How did Roger end up AHEAD of Rafa and Nole when he won 5 slams during this decade and the other two won 13 & 15 respectively? And Serena is also ahead of them and she won 12?
    Durant ahead of Curry? Curry won three NBA titles, Durant 2.
    Usain Bolt is at number 14? A runner who won every single Olympic medal he competed in during the decade? (Short decade for the Olympics, sure, but WTF?)

Edit: Jeff beat me to it
    Missing winter...

If Kershaw is #13 then obviously playoffs weren’t a criteria.

Definitely interesting list. I agree about Simone. I wholeheartedly agree about Kershaw (do it in the Playoffs Clayton!). Ditto on Mike Trout. I'd say the same about Messi and international competition, which is why I'd put Cristiano ahead of him.

And I've gotta think the dislike/judgment factor played a heavy role in Floyd being entirely too low on this list because dominant doesn't begin to describe Money Mayweather in his sport. If it's an honest list, he's in the top 3 every time.

And someone like Tom Brady being on the list, not to mention way too high, makes me think they were trying to make sure they included an NFL player at a decent rank. The Patriots as a whole? Even if I hate them, that's fine. But Tom on his own? I'm no fan of Aaron Rodgers either, but he's the dominant one of the last decade, not Tom. The numbers show that clearly, it's just Tom's team has been better.

Ross Dellenger
    @RossDellenger
    Per multiple outlets, an arrest warrant has been issued for #Browns WR Odell Beckham. He is being charged with simple battery.

He slapped the a** of a cop during #LSU's post-game locker room celebration.

Happy Thursday.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1217852619487576065

Arrest warrant issued for Odell Beckham Jr. after locker room butt slap; Browns release statement
    BY RAMON ANTONIO VARGAS AND CARLIE KOLLATH WELLS | Staff writers PUBLISHED JAN 16, 2020 AT 10:47 AM | UPDATED JAN 16, 2020 AT 11:40 AM

New Orleans police on Thursday morning obtained an arrest warrant accusing NFL player Odell Beckham Jr. of simple battery in relation to a locker room interaction he had with a Mercedes-Benz Superdome police officer Monday night.

A police spokesman said the warrant was issued after a video showed Beckham apparently slapping a male officer's buttocks after LSU's championship game.

In the video, an officer is admonishing LSU right guard Damien Lewis after the team beat Clemson for college football's national championship title.

At the end of the video, Beckham appeared to hit the officer on his buttocks.

Team members were smoking victory cigars in the locker room, and reports said an officer told the players that anyone caught smoking was subject to arrest.

Another officer later stepped in to tell players it was OK to smoke in the locker room, according to an AL.com report, and nobody was arrested and the party continued.

A law enforcement source said authorities originally sought a warrant for a misdemeanor sexual battery charge, but it was declined by a judge. The warrant was redrafted asserting a count of simple battery, and it was approved.Police said they began the investigation after the Superdome reached out to them on Tuesday.

The difference between the crimes is not insignificant.

Louisiana law defines misdemeanor sexual battery as the intentional touching of the breasts or buttocks of a victim who did not consent to the contact. While it carries a maximum of six months in jail, it is relatively more serious than other misdemeanors because it is not expungeable in the event of a conviction.

Louisiana law defines simple battery as "battery committed without the consent of the victim." That crime, upon conviction, calls for up to six months in prison and a maximum fine of $1,000. It also expungeable for first-time offenders.

The Cleveland Browns release a statement on the situation, saying they are aware of the incident.

"We are aware of the incident and have been in touch with Odell and his representatives on the matter," the statement read. "They are cooperating with the proper authorities to appropriately address the situation."

Beckham, a New Orleans native, stood out as a receiver at Isidore Newman School before helping LSU reach the 2011 national championship game as a freshman. Coincidentally, that game was at the Superdome, and the Tigers lost to Alabama.

The New York Giants later selected Beckham in the first round of the 2014 NFL draft. He developed a huge fan following in the Big Apple. He left the Giants and joined the Cleveland Browns before the beginning of the past NFL season.

Besides his penchant for big plays, he’s developed a reputation for having an unpredictable and mercurial personality.

Thursday’s arrest warrant is only one of two controversies in which he was involved after LSU invited him to their sideline and into their locker room when they beat Clemson for the national championship game Monday night at the Superdome.

The other involved a video depicting him giving cash to players on the field after the game concluded.

LSU’s athletic department said it is unclear whether that money was novelty bills that were found on the field or actual, real cash. University athletic officials said they were working with both the NCAA and the Southeastern Conference over the controversy.

Check back for more details on this developing story.

Staffer Brooks Kubena contributed to this story.

https://www.nola.com/news/crime_poli...m_campaign=snd
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.”

― Frank Zappa

OBJ is a look at me idiot who has taken the spotlight away from the college players with all his nonsense, but this is quite a bit of posturing by the police. He will pay a fine. That's it and the police know that's it, they are just trying to embarrass him as much as they can. Warrant is excessive in every way possible and they would do well to get some self awareness and realize this level of petty has made people mock them today, not OBJ.

Interesting how much coverage this is getting. Haven't seen anything approaching this kind of coverage on Julian Edelman.

What did Julian Edelman do?

― Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    What did Julian Edelman do?
    Vanadalism in Beverly Hills. Arrested and cited. Damage to a car apparently. Drunk night with Paul Pierce and Danny Amendola it would seem. Or maybe it was roid rage, but we're not supposed to remember he was suspended for PEDs because I'm told the Patriots play the game the right way, the model franchise.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Both of these stories sound stupid. OBJ's in particular.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

Although if you are the owner of the car Edelman jumped on, it might not be so trivial.
    Missing winter...

ESPN is playing the OBJ video almost on continuous loop ignoring what to me is the bigger story, the Astro's high tech cheating arrangement.

What OBJ did shows that elite athletes live in a different reality. He was handing out money to college players. They were smoking cigars and drnking. He had to know someone had their phone recording the celebration. Common sense would've told him to behave in a different manner with the cameras rolling. Instead he's got Steven A dragging him almost non stop. He really doesn't think anything will happen to him.

Personally I don't think it's a big deal but once again, he's from there. He knows what you can and can't get away with. Or he should.

― Frank Zappa

Page 199 of 200 FirstFirst ... 99149174189195196197198199200 LastLast