Agree Agree:  104
Likes Likes:  193
Page 177 of 177 FirstFirst ... 77127152167173174175176177
Results 2,641 to 2,645 of 2645
    Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Re: Other Sports Random, Random

Out of curiosity, in the mixed double curling, is there a tendency to go with a certain gender for 1-5 vs 2-3-4?

An answer to the PTmc.'s question: I am by no means the expert. And mixed doubles has only been in the news in a pretty big way (by curling standards, of course) for the last couple of years after the decision to include it in the Olympics. At least with what I have seen to this point, I would say that there is no tendency one way or the other. The winners of the US Olympic trials (brother and sister Becca and Matt Hamilton) almost always use her on stones 1 and 5. But several of their closest competitors at the US trails had the man doing stones 1 and 5. All stones are quite important with the ends shorter. But the last stone needs to be the person with the steadiest nerves and the most skill for very exact shots. And that probably has a little less of the concept that strength is important.

Remember....this is just my opinion. I will continue watching that point. GH

Canadian Mixed Curling Trials - not sure if this is available outside of Canada, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't be.
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/wi...live-1.4460005

Skatingfan, MANY thanks....I have had no trouble getting that to work. GH

Interesting that in Canada, the policy has been set that no curler who is on one of the 4-person teams can go to the Olympics in mixed doubles. So none of the curlers from the teams going to the Olympics are even there competing this week.

In the USA, that is not the policy at all. Both Becca and Matt Hamilton, our mixed doubles team, are also participating on the respective 4-person teams, having gone through qualifying for both.

GH

Page 177 of 177 FirstFirst ... 77127152167173174175176177