Agree Agree:  120
Likes Likes:  216
Page 3 of 182 FirstFirst 1234567132853103 ... LastLast

Re: Other Sports Random, Random

Photograph of Seiko Katsumata, who is 75 and blind, by specialrkb on Flickr. She finished her 12th marathon with a time of 08:01:10.

From Gothamist
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

ORLANDO, Fla. A fight over the shoes Michael Jordan's son will wear at the University of Central Florida has cost the school any future sponsorship with adidas.

"The University of Central Florida has chosen not to deliver on their contractual commitment to adidas," adidas spokeswoman Andrea Corso wrote in an e-mail to The Associated Press. "As a result we have chosen not to continue our relationship with them moving forward."

Freshman guard Marcus Jordan wore a pair of white Air Jordans during UCF's 84-65 win in an exhibition game against Saint Leo on Wednesday night, the Orlando Sentinel reported on its Web site. Jordan has said he will only wear his father's Nike Air Jordan shoes because they hold special meaning to his family.

UCF is in the final year of a five-year contract with adidas that requires coaches and athletes to use the company's apparel and equipment.
    "We are disappointed to learn that adidas has chosen to discontinue its relationship with UCF Athletics," the school said in a statement Wednesday night released by spokesman Joe Hornstein. "Once we receive official notice we will be able to further respond."

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/1...346783.html&cp
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Tendulkar!!

175 runs off 141 balls, and first batsman ever to cross the 17,000 runs mark in one-day cricket!

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    ORLANDO, Fla. A fight over the shoes Michael Jordan's son will wear at the University of Central Florida has cost the school any future sponsorship with adidas.

"The University of Central Florida has chosen not to deliver on their contractual commitment to adidas," adidas spokeswoman Andrea Corso wrote in an e-mail to The Associated Press. "As a result we have chosen not to continue our relationship with them moving forward."

Freshman guard Marcus Jordan wore a pair of white Air Jordans during UCF's 84-65 win in an exhibition game against Saint Leo on Wednesday night, the Orlando Sentinel reported on its Web site. Jordan has said he will only wear his father's Nike Air Jordan shoes because they hold special meaning to his family.

UCF is in the final year of a five-year contract with adidas that requires coaches and athletes to use the company's apparel and equipment.
    "We are disappointed to learn that adidas has chosen to discontinue its relationship with UCF Athletics," the school said in a statement Wednesday night released by spokesman Joe Hornstein. "Once we receive official notice we will be able to further respond."

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/1...346783.html&cp
    So UCF would rather have Jordan than abide by their contractual obligations.

Wasn't there a time when sports was about the sport?
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    So UCF would rather have Jordan than abide by their contractual obligations.

Wasn't there a time when sports was about the sport?
    This situation ticks me off. It's nice that he's MJ's son but wouldn't you want to make your own name and not ride Daddy's coat tails? I feel bad for the man who is going to try and coach this idjut.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

I don't know, if he is really doing this for sentimental reasons and not just to make the family and Nike some money, I think Adidas is in the wrong here. Maybe they should reduce the payout to UCF or something, but dropping the whole sponsorship over this?

Why does Jordan's kid believe the rules don't apply to him? What has he accomplished in life to be entitled to such an exemption. This is a selfish act on his part since the Adidas sponsorship obviously benefited the school and the less privileged kids that attend there.
    Towel Avatar, do your thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Why does Jordan's kid believe the rules don't apply to him? What has he accomplished in life to be entitled to such an exemption. This is a selfish act on his part since the Adidas sponsorship obviously benefited the school and the less privileged kids that attend there.
    You would think being MJ's son and all that he'd be attending one of the basketball factories not a small school like this no?

I wonder why he's attending this school and not one of the big basketball schools?

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Photograph of Seiko Katsumata, who is 75 and blind, by specialrkb on Flickr. She finished her 12th marathon with a time of 08:01:10.
    Awww! That's inspiring.

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Former major league baseball player (and suspected juicer) Sammy Sosa has been undergoing a "skin rejuvenation" process to make himself look less ethnic younger. Picture on the left is Sammy, post his process - picture on the right is Sammy from a couple of years ago:

With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

Grand Slam Champion missinandre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Former major league baseball player (and suspected juicer) Sammy Sosa has been undergoing a "skin rejuvenation" process to make himself look less ethnic younger. Picture on the left is Sammy, post his process - picture on the right is Sammy from a couple of years ago:

That's disgusting. He is starting to look like the Joker.
    ROGER / RAFA FINAL 2010 US OPEN!!!!!

Words fail me.

Quote Originally Posted by missinandre View Post
    That's disgusting. He is starting to look like the Joker.
    Seriously
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Tour Champion
    Awards Showcase

I always assumed most people rejuvenated the skin on their face...I didn't realize they did their neck and ears too.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

If Sammy's nose starts getting smaller I'm going to jump off of something really high.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Page 3 of 182 FirstFirst 1234567132853103 ... LastLast