Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0

2009 US Open YCWJ: Ask Questions Here

This is the thread where you ask questions!

The contest rules are posted here:

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum...894#post491894

Post your picks here:

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum...898#post491898

Please read the rules before you ask questions! If you still have questions, we'll get back to you ASAP!
    ADAM Member

Re: 2009 US Open YCWJ: Ask Questions Here

This is a comment more than a question. My gut feeling is that the new bonus system prospectively brings too many points into play. I would hate to see someone soar to the top of the leaderboard because of bonus points. I like the feature and especially like the weighting element, but think a base coefficient of 3 instead of 5 makes more sense.

My advice is either to canvas other participants and see what they think, change it if they agree, or at least to commit to evaluating the impact of the bonus provision with 2010 in mind.
    TIHBS TIHBW

Avatar --> Politician 1: Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSkan View Post
    This is a comment more than a question. My gut feeling is that the new bonus system prospectively brings too many points into play. I would hate to see someone soar to the top of the leaderboard because of bonus points. I like the feature and especially like the weighting element, but think a base coefficient of 3 instead of 5 makes more sense.

My advice is either to canvas other participants and see what they think, change it if they agree, or at least to commit to evaluating the impact of the bonus provision with 2010 in mind.
    Yes. We will reevaluate after the US Open. We had discussed a coefficient of anywhere from 3-5. Definitely open to change for 2010.
    ADAM Member

Oh like it matters...Peter's just going to go and win AGAIN!
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!