Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

John Edwards to admit paternity of aide's child

Sources: Edwards to admit paternity of ex-mistress' child
    Posted: Today at 5:05 p.m.
    Updated: Today at 5:12 p.m.

Raleigh, N.C. Sources have told WRAL News that they expect former U.S. Sen. John Edwards to admit that he is the father of his former mistress' 18-month-old daughter.

Edwards, a two-time Democratic presidential candidate, confessed last August to having an affair with Rielle Hunter, who served as a videographer on Edwards' 2008 campaign. He has denied fathering her daughter, saying his relationship with Hunter ended before the child was conceived.

The name of the girl's father isn't disclosed on her birth certificate.

Andrew Young, a long-time Edwards aide, initially claimed to be the father of Hunter's child, but he is reportedly writing a book in which he will claim Edwards is the father.

A federal grand jury is investigating whether Edwards' campaign funds were illegally paid to Hunter to keep quiet about the affair.

Hunter spent nine hours last Thursday at the federal courthouse in Raleigh, where the grand jury was meeting. She brought her daughter, Frances, with her.

Young was at the federal courthouse in July when the grand jury was meeting.

Sources said Edwards' public admission could come before the end of the criminal investigation.

Edwards' attorney, Wade Smith, couldn't be reached Thursday for comment.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/politics/story/5791651/
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: John Edwards to admit paternity of aide's child

What a flipping snake. Has an affair while his wife has cancer. Lies about the affair, then admits the affair, but lies about the baby. Now about to admit the lie about the baby was a lie.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Slingo Para-Dice Champion, Quick Words Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Can we open up the TAT Lake of Fire to politicians?

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

He turned into a real disappointment.

A slick phony.

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    He turned into a real disappointment.

A slick phony.
    He never fooled me for one second. Many others have, but not him.
    ADAM Member

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

When he used to give his version of Bill Clinton's "I feel your pain" speech, it always felt a little off. I thought it was because that approach just didn't work a decade later. But, it was really because he's a liar.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Apparently their are three Americas: Poor America, Rich America, and Washington, D.C.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

According to the Enquier a DNA test was done, so I don't know whe he is losing his breath. His political career is already over anyway

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...est=latestnews

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by mrjiggyfly2 View Post
    He never fooled me for one second. Many others have, but not him.
    I never bought him either. He tried too hard to fit into his campaign personality.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Amid several unconfirmed reports that her husband, former Sen. John Edwards, is nearing an announcement about the paternity of his former mistress's 18-month-old baby, Elizabeth Edwards says she expects a DNA test will take place – and hopes it can be done quietly.

During a Wednesday night appearance with CNN's Larry King to debate health-care reform, Mrs. Edwards, 60, was asked about DNA testing of Rielle Hunter's baby daughter, Frances.

"My expectation is that, at some point, something happens," she replied. "And I hope for the sake of this child that it happens, you know, in a quiet way."

All's quiet, too, at her house, Edwards said. Despite a supermarket tabloid cover story this week that claims she recently packed her bags in a fit of rage over her husband's alleged decision to move Hunter and the child into a home near his North Carolina beach house, Elizabeth Edwards, mother to two school-aged children, told King: "Things are going fine. We're getting the children ready for a new school year. Everything seems to be going pretty smoothly at my house."
    http://www.people.com/people/article...299355,00.html

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    What a flipping snake. Has an affair while his wife has cancer. Lies about the affair, then admits the affair, but lies about the baby. Now about to admit the lie about the baby was a lie.
    While trying his hardest to come across as a real nice guy.

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by omess View Post
    During a Wednesday night appearance with CNN's Larry King to debate health-care reform, Mrs. Edwards, 60, was asked about DNA testing of Rielle Hunter's baby daughter, Frances.

"My expectation is that, at some point, something happens," she replied. "And I hope for the sake of this child that it happens, you know, in a quiet way."
    I read a story like this and I feel tremedous sympathy for her. But then I remember that she was in on the lie from early on, and I lose respect for her.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I read a story like this and I feel tremedous sympathy for her. But then I remember that she was in on the lie from early on, and I lose respect for her.

I always wonder what goes on behind the scenes in situations like this. As a couple they have come through so much together, but how can they even pretend to have a relationship when he has destroyed every bit of trust between them?

Athletes wife and politicians wife are two of the most thankless spousal roles on the planet. I'm sure that she agreed to the lie because it meant that his career, while on life support, could still be said to be viable. As his wife she is part of the "image" and maintaining it is her job.

That's why I cut Mrs Edwards some slack in this situation. She held up her part of the bargain but in today's world that wasn't enough.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Athletes wife and politicians wife are two of the most thankless spousal roles on the planet. I'm sure that she agreed to the lie because it meant that his career, while on life support, could still be said to be viable. As his wife she is part of the "image" and maintaining it is her job.

That's why I cut Mrs Edwards some slack in this situation. She held up her part of the bargain but in today's world that wasn't enough.
    Totally agree with you there.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast