Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: TFT: THRNY 2009 Scoreboard

THRNY Scoreboard - Week 5

The late withdrawal of Juan Martin Del Potro appears to have thrown a wrench into many of our players' plans this week. Week 5's winners either avoided Del Potro altogether or were able to trade him out before the week's deadline. Our top three were also the only 3 competitors to predict 3 of the Cincinatti semifinalists. Congratulations to the week's winner----Charlie02123 with 276 points (by far the highest one-week total in THRNY 2009). In 2nd place, we have Omegadoom with 257 and, the perennial fixture on the weekly shortlists, shtexas with 249.

With only New Haven to go, the medalists for this contest are anything but set in stone. Our new weekly leader, or rather once again, our weekly leader is---shtexas with 943 points. Coming in a somewhat distant 2nd and 3rd are Martini4Me with 919 and some guy named munchin with 918. Four other players are within 20 points of Martini4Me and munchin going into our last week. Bonne chance!
    Last edited by munchin; 08-23-2009 at 09:26 PM.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Blog Entries

Week 5 scores are posted. Congrats to our winners!
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

lol@ "some guy named Munchin." Cute

Congrats, you five!

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Nice to be in this position this late in the game, but I really don't have a lot going for New Haven thanks to (1) having to burn a trade I didn't want to last week (although that trade netted me +63 so I can't complain); (2) Sela pulling out; and (3) Isner pulling out. I only have 4 players and three of those are in the same quarter. So, unless we have a Querrey/Verdasco final, I may be sunk.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    Nice to be in this position this late in the game, but I really don't have a lot going for New Haven thanks to (1) having to burn a trade I didn't want to last week (although that trade netted me +63 so I can't complain); (2) Sela pulling out; and (3) Isner pulling out. I only have 4 players and three of those are in the same quarter. So, unless we have a Querrey/Verdasco final, I may be sunk.
    I need a miracle to even medal....
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Blog Entries

I only just realized that the US Open is not part of this contest. I had been looking right past New Haven. I'm screwed.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator
    Blog Entries

Still a dogfight, no? Very cool. You've really done a masterful job of managing your team, shtexas. To be in the hunt from week 1 and have a commanding lead going into the last week is an accomplishment we don't see very often in fantasy tennis. Well done.

I guess I better check the trades to see who did what and whether I should still be hoping for that Fish/Lu final.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    Still a dogfight, no? Very cool. You've really done a masterful job of managing your team, shtexas. To be in the hunt from week 1 and have a commanding lead going into the last week is an accomplishment we don't see very often in fantasy tennis. Well done.

I guess I better check the trades to see who did what and whether I should still be hoping for that Fish/Lu final.
    Except for this week. Zverev lost. I'm down to Gicquel, Querrey (they play each other!) and Verdasco.

Blog Entries

I think the medalists will be determined by who goes the furthest in the draw among Davydenko/Verdasco/Hanescu/Fish. What a group of winners we are all relying on to pull us thru. We deserve the madness of this particular contest.
    Towel Avatar, do your thing!

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator
    Blog Entries

Congrats to last week's winners and leaders.

Grand Slam Champion Charlie02123's Avatar
    Blog Entries

OMG I won a week! Hooray!

Hilarious that dominating a week elevated me to... the middle.

Congrats to the top 3 leaders.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator
    Blog Entries

And the final results are in!

Congratulations to the 2009 TAT The Hard Road to New York Fantasy Contest Winners!

Gold Medal: shtexas
    Silver Medal: munchin
    Bronze Medal: miles

It was a hotly contested event, one of our most contentious ever, actually! Congratulations to those who finished on top and those who did well.

I also want to express my deepest appreciation to munchin and jessie, who did such a phenomenal job of administering this contest. To say it was an exercise in SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTHNESS would be a total understatement. I hope the participants will take a moment to give them a shout out or shoot them a PM. It's hard work, folks. Make sure you give them a hollar one way or another!

Please stay tuned during week 2 of the U.S. Open for news about TAT's 2009 fall season Fantasy Tennis contest!

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator
    Blog Entries

Congratulations to the winners!

My heart aches that I didn't medal.

My heart aches even MORE for martini, who finished fourth.... By 1 point. That's right up there in the all time TAT contest ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHS!!!!

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    Congratulations to the winners!

My heart aches that I didn't medal.

My heart aches even MORE for martini, who finished fourth.... By 1 point. That's right up there in the all time TAT contest ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHS!!!!
    Especially if it was Martini who thought the contest included the US Open and didn't use remaining subs for New Haven.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast