Weekend Warrior
    Awards Showcase

Strokes of Genius

Hello,

I just wanted to rave about the Stokes of Genius by Jon Werthiem (promoted on this page).

I got this book as gift and while I thought it was a very thoughtful gift (love Nadal and am generally obsessive about tennis), I was thinking I dont know a book about tennis match? How can that be good? Well my husband and any one who happened to be sitting next to me on the subway can tell you that I thoroughly enjoyed this and was as obsessed with this book as I am about any matches (I often laughed out loud on the subway and dinner conversation for a few days consisted of me reading quotes from the book). The match details are interspersed with humor and a deep dive into the salacious details of the personal lives, history and psychoanalysis of these 2 compelling players. If you are a member of this site, you love tennis and you will love this book.

Seriously - I'm just a fan, no connection to the author

Re: Strokes of Genius

Quote Originally Posted by CM4RN View Post
    Hello,

I just wanted to rave about the Stokes of Genius by Jon Werthiem (promoted on this page).

I got this book as gift and while I thought it was a very thoughtful gift (love Nadal and am generally obsessive about tennis), I was thinking I dont know a book about tennis match? How can that be good? Well my husband and any one who happened to be sitting next to me on the subway can tell you that I thoroughly enjoyed this and was as obsessed with this book as I am about any matches (I often laughed out loud on the subway and dinner conversation for a few days consisted of me reading quotes from the book). The match details are interspersed with humor and a deep dive into the salacious details of the personal lives, history and psychoanalysis of these 2 compelling players. If you are a member of this site, you love tennis and you will love this book.

Seriously - I'm just a fan, no connection to the author

Cool!
    ADAM Member

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: Strokes of Genius

I second. It's a very good book. His earlier book, Venus Envy would make for a delightful back-to-back read.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe