Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2009 Wimbledon YCWJ: Scoreboard and Lounge

Scores through the end of the 1st Round

After the first round, manolo and French Open winner PeterSkan share the lead with 19 points. Tagging behind them in 3rd are GreenGourd and carlitos2006 with 17 points each.

It's still very early. Virtually anyone could still make a run at the medal.

Good luck.

Track your picks here

Any questions? Ask them here

Note: dowser55's score says 12, but that is assuming Dent comes back tomorrow to beat Gimeno-Traver. If the opposite occurs, dowser will have 8 and only 3 picks left.
    Last edited by Togtdyalttai; 06-23-2009 at 08:50 PM.
    Go Pack Go!

Re: 2009 Wimbledon YCWJ: Scoreboard and Lounge

How about manolo dipping his toes in the water and finding it to his liking.
    PeterSkan is going for the carlitos double. But carlitos looks like he won't give it up without a battle. GreenGourd feeling more at home on the green lawn of Wimbledon.

Figures that ponchi has both his #1 picks go down. No wonder he wants a change in the format of this contest!

And mysterX more like Mr. Hyde with his men's picks. Dr. Jekyll with the women though.

As for me, I don't think I'll come in last again as I did at the French!
    ADAM Member

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Second last! Monday was bad, with my number one woman Grandma Craybas winning, but I was 0-4 picking losers yesterday. I've finished the second round with another five points, but this was pathetic. And I put more thought into this than any of the other Wimbledon contests!

Quote Originally Posted by mrjiggyfly2 View Post
    How about manolo

Figures that ponchi has both his #1 picks go down. No wonder he wants a change in the format of this contest!
    Me? Nah, no way! I mean, you change the format a bit and I am in the lead? C'mon, I would never....
    Where's Jack?

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Martini4me View Post
    Second last! Monday was bad, with my number one woman Grandma Craybas winning, but I was 0-4 picking losers yesterday. I've finished the second round with another five points, but this was pathetic. And I put more thought into this than any of the other Wimbledon contests!
    That was your first mistake!
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Blog Entries

Nice!!!!
    But i'm afraid I won't last much up there. I think I misread the draw when I was picking some of my players and that ended with me hoping for some very unlikely results. So far, two of my players have won today
    with Elena at IW 09!!!!

Scores through the end of the 2nd Round

This looks once again to be PeterSkan's contest to win or lose. He pulls out to a 5-point lead with 38 points after a sublime 19-point 2nd round. PeterSkan lost none of the 7 picks he had left after the 1st round.

GreenGourd is now in sole possession of 2nd place with 33 after achieving the second highest total in the round with 16.

Carlitos2006 is in 3rd with 31. He had the 3rd best score in the round with 14 along with jkfriedman, who also lost none of his picks in this round.

It's still possible for someone to catch PeterSkan, but not if he has another round like this.

Good luck.

Track your picks here

Last edited by Togtdyalttai; 06-25-2009 at 03:20 PM.
    Go Pack Go!

Quote Originally Posted by mrjiggyfly2 View Post
    PeterSkan is going for the carlitos double. But carlitos looks like he won't give it up without a battle.
    If PeterSkan wins this, it really might be a carlitos double. I won the Wimbledon contest by a landslide last year. PeterSkan may be headed that way. I don't know if I'll be able to catch him.
    Avatar: My namesake. Except Carlitos is an alias.

Quote Originally Posted by Togtdyalttai View Post
    GreenGourd is now in sole possession of 2nd place with 33 after achieving the second highest total in the round with 16.
    Wow, I'm just thrilled to be doing well in, er, something this Wimbledon!

Wow...Bepa REALLY loses good for me today! Looks like I may be cheering for the Maiden next round! (And how does that normally work out for me?)

Make that I'll be cheering for Fran next round!

Scores through the end of the 2nd Round

PeterSkan continues to pull further ahead of the field with a whopping 50 points. He now leads his closest adversary, GreenGourd, by 8 points. All of his ATP picks are still alive. It will be very difficult for anyone to catch him, but it's still possible.

Manolo has climbed back up to 3rd place with 39. We'll see if he continues his trend of a good round followed by a bad round.

Jkfriedman has had a good last two rounds and sits one point out of 3rd with 38. He could easily sneak up to 2nd by the end of the contest.

No one else really stands in contention in this contest. Those who have high scores have very few picks left, and the rest are simply too far behind to catch up.

Scotty has become the first contestant to run out of picks. He still might not end up with the lowest score though.

Good luck.

Track your picks here

Go Pack Go!

Scores through the end of the 4th Round

It appears to be an official asskicking being administered by PeterSkan. For the second year in a row it looks like the YCWJ French Open winner will also win YCWJ Wimbledon. carlitos2006 did it last year. And this looks like a record breaking performance by PeterSkan. Incredibly, PeterSkan still has five picks left including all of his men's picks. We could be talking about this performance for years. Perhaps we should contact Mr. L. Jon Wertheim and see if if he would consider it for a book idea.

manolo and GreenGourd tied for second with 49. jkfriedman in fourth with 48 and JTContinental rounds out the top five with 41
    Last edited by Togtdyalttai; 06-29-2009 at 10:58 PM.
    ADAM Member

I have no shot at the top 3, but right now I have the two people I would pick as the wooden spoon winners! And in my #2 slots too. I think people are getting better at not knowing Jack, seems to me that could've won some slams before!

If I have two picks left, how did I get 0 points this round?

ETA: Never mind. I think my points got added to my final total, but not into the Round 4 column.
    Last edited by JTContinental; 06-29-2009 at 10:40 PM.
    This is not the bouquet you toss

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast