Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Grand Slam Champion missinandre's Avatar

PeterSkan 2009 Wimbledon Contest is Officially Open!

For those of you that are old friends and familiar:

Hello TAT!

I'm pleased to let everyone know that the SkanCan Contest is up and running. No changes or new rules have been made so you can all rest easy!

In order to register your team, you must be registered at tennisgamers.com. If you are already registered, just sign in and go to the PeterSkan link at the top of the forum. It's a pretty blue box at the top that can't be missed.

If you are not registered, it is simple to do so. Click on the provided link and on the right hand side on the home page, in the "Log In" box, go to the "register" link located under "Log In". Pick a username and password and that's it

If you'd rather post your team here...be aware that you lose the right to make any changes / modifications to your team. PeterSkan (and I will be assisting him with this) will be taking the teams posted on TAT and putting them in the automated system at tennisgamers for you. Once your team is put in, that's it.

Please remember it is your responsibility to make sure your team meets the required seeding number,(that would be 30) otherwise it will be disqualified. Also remember that you must have 3 male / 3 female players. Please post your team in the thread that says "Post your PeterSkanCan team here" and we'll take care of it.

Also, don't tell him I said this but PeterSkan is of the "sweet" sort and so...if there is a problem with your team he will in all likelihood post a message on the board for you and let you fix it so please please please check BACK to make sure your team meets the requirements.

And finally, this is a first come / first serve game. No team can have the same players in the same order. Before submitting your team, make sure it isn't like any of the others already submitted.

Any questions? There's a question thread available. Miss Peter? He'll be around! Don't want to post on the board? Send me a PM here or at tennis gamers.com

Good luck with your teams!
    ROGER / RAFA FINAL 2010 US OPEN!!!!!

Re: PeterSkan 2009 Wimbledon Contest is Officially Open!

Woot!

For those of you that are new to TAT and / or PeterSkan Contest this one's for you!
    This is how you play / pick your team:

Here's how it works:

1. The contest winner will be the poster whose registered team earns the highest number of points as of the conclusion of the tournament.

2. Valid entries consist of a team of 6 players [3 men and 3 women] all of whom must be included in the official tournament draw.

3. Rule 3 [The 30-seed rule]: The sum total of the seed numbers of your players must be no less than 30 [though it can be more than 30]. We will assign unique high numbers to unseeded players for the purpose of this contest. IMPORTANT: So do not enter seed values for unseeded players. The Contest Administrative staff will look after that. Simply leave the seed values blank for any such players on your team.

4. The order of your 6-named players is the most important factor in naming your team. It represents the seeding of your players for purposes of earning domination points.

Sample Entry [guessing at the seeding]:

Team Americana

1. Nadal [Seed 1]
    2. Federer [Seed 2]
    3. Jankovic [Seed 2]
    4. S Williams [Seed 5]
    5. Kuznetsova [Seed 6]
    6. Hewitt [Seed 16]

Total of Seeds = 32

Cheerleader[s]: Yankee Doodle Dandy

5. You cannot name a team consisting of the same players in the same order as a team already entered. However, you can enter a team consisting of the same players as another team, provided those players are in a different order.

6. Rule 6: There is no rule 6! But whatís a team without a cheerleading squad. So go ahead and nominate a cheerleader[s], just for fun. In fact, they don't even have to be a registered player. Be creative!

7. Another rule change [phew!!]: You may change the composition of your team any number of times up to the start of play, after which there can be no further changes. The only requirement here is that you will have to manage your own modifications directly on the site that is hosting the game: http://www.tennisgamers.com/

8. Assign a name to your team. You can edit the team name if you wish. I'll post a shortlist of the best entries, umm .. when I retire Ė yeah, thatís it, when I retire! *backs away slowly*

SCORING

OK - here are the basics:

1. Domination Points:
    These are based on how soundly your players beat their opponents. A key factor in calculating these points is how high you have seeded them on your team. For example, if you seed Ivanovic 2nd on your team and she thrashes Petrova 6-0 6-0, you will get 60 points; however, if you seeded Ana 5th on your team, you will only get 24 points. On the other hand, if your player loses, you will lose the corresponding number of points. Also, no winning player will be penalized for losing more games than their opponent. In such cases the default is 0 points.

2. Progression Points
    You get additional points whenever your players advance to the next round [10 for round 1, 20 for round 2, 30 for round 3, 50 for round 4, 80 for Round 5, etc.]. Catch on?

3. Quality Points
    You get further points when your player defeats an opponent who is seeded in the tournament. The number of points is based on how highly the opponent is seeded. For example, if you have the #1 seed on your team and they defeat the 20th seed, you get 13 points [33 - 20].

If you need ANY help at ALL, please post a message!

Welcome to the game and good luck to all contestants!!

Blog Entries

Done. The website is pretty neat, you can track your score splayer by player and everything! Good luck!
    with Elena at IW 09!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by manolo View Post
    Done. The website is pretty neat, you can track your score splayer by player and everything! Good luck!
    The cool thing manolo is....I like administering the game. I put the scores in immediately so everyone can see how they did directly after the match is completed

Of course I can't guarantee anything for this first week because I'm off to a wedding and the bride and groom has planned a WEEKLONG celebration and as the matron of honor...how can I refuse?

Quote Originally Posted by missinandre View Post
    For those of you that are old friends and familiar:

Hello TAT!

I'm pleased to let everyone know that the SkanCan Contest is up and running. No changes or new rules have been made so you can all rest easy!

In order to register your team, you must be registered at tennisgamers.com. If you are already registered, just sign in and go to the PeterSkan link at the top of the forum. It's a pretty blue box at the top that can't be missed.

If you are not registered, it is simple to do so. Click on the provided link and on the right hand side on the home page, in the "Log In" box, go to the "register" link located under "Log In". Pick a username and password and that's it

If you'd rather post your team here...be aware that you lose the right to make any changes / modifications to your team. PeterSkan (and I will be assisting him with this) will be taking the teams posted on TAT and putting them in the automated system at tennisgamers for you. Once your team is put in, that's it.

Please remember it is your responsibility to make sure your team meets the required seeding number,(that would be 30) otherwise it will be disqualified. Also remember that you must have 3 male / 3 female players. Please post your team in the thread that says "Post your PeterSkanCan team here" and we'll take care of it.

Also, don't tell him I said this but PeterSkan is of the "sweet" sort and so...if there is a problem with your team he will in all likelihood post a message on the board for you and let you fix it so please please please check BACK to make sure your team meets the requirements.

And finally, this is a first come / first serve game. No team can have the same players in the same order. Before submitting your team, make sure it isn't like any of the others already submitted.

Any questions? There's a question thread available. Miss Peter? He'll be around! Don't want to post on the board? Send me a PM here or at tennis gamers.com

Good luck with your teams!
    *PLING*

*and here I am* Thank you TAT for supporting the SkanTest. And missin, of course, who has been such a help to the cause!!

TAT has been killing the opposition in recent slams .. so get those teams registered ... there's a reputation at stake here!
    TIHBS TIHBW

Avatar --> Politician 1: Philosopher King

My latest exercise in futility is now posted at PeterSkan's and missin's site.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Done (omess)