47. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes he is

38 80.85%
  • No, he isn't there yet

9 19.15%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: The GOAT

Re: The GOAT

I believe Federer when he said didn't care so much about the final count or if he keeps the record forever. He's perfectly satisfied with his career.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

I don't. He had a perfectly great career at 15 Slams.
    These three guys are as ambitious as they come, in the good sense of the word.
    Missing winter...

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    I think he keeps playing for the competition and the chance to be a part of special matches like yesterday's. Of course wants to win them, but I believe him when he says extending his record is not his motivation.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    I think he truly loves the game and wants to compete for slams, but he wants to win Wimbledon because he loves Wimbledon, not because he wants to go from 20 to 21 slams. I also think he's already done the math, and figures it's fairly likely that he gets passed in the slam count. He seems practical about stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by James7 View Post
    Djokovic is going to overtake the raw count. It's inevitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    not inevitable - injury, emotional distraction, loss of focus at some point. But well within reach.
    Nobody ever would have predicted the walkabout he went on after winning 4 slams in a row. It's also not like his game has to plummet. You can make tons of semis and finals without adding to your slam count. Federer was always in the mix during the 5 years he didn't win a slam. One big serve, and it's 21-15 instead of 20-16.

With that being said, I do think Federer eventually loses his lead in slams. I'd clock it around 70%. Even if Djokovic falls off the map, it increases Nadal's odds of taking the lead.

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

It's mostly disappointment speaking. I have the terrible sense that Nadal won't even be "second best" any more.
    I disapprove of this message

Quote Originally Posted by James7 View Post
    It's mostly disappointment speaking. I have the terrible sense that Nadal won't even be "second best" any more.
    I sadly fear this.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567