Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Yahtzee Question

I played a game not long ago and got like 3 or 4 yahtzees in the game. When you score in "real" yahtzee, you can substitute your second, third, etc. yahtzee for another score like a small or large straight, plus you get a bonus 100 points. Why doesn't this work on our yahtzee game?

TA
    My Beloved Mother

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: Yahtzee Question

Quote Originally Posted by TennisAnyone74 View Post
    I played a game not long ago and got like 3 or 4 yahtzees in the game. When you score in "real" yahtzee, you can substitute your second, third, etc. yahtzee for another score like a small or large straight, plus you get a bonus 100 points. Why doesn't this work on our yahtzee game?

TA
    I have no idea, TA. As far as I know, we more or less "borrow" the games and add them to the arcade. We have no way of manipulating how they work. At least that's my understanding.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

TA
    Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    I have no idea, TA. As far as I know, we more or less "borrow" the games and add them to the arcade. We have no way of manipulating how they work. At least that's my understanding.
    Dry's correct. The games we install in the arcade are simply the way they are.

I thought the same thing, TA, when we first installed Yahtzee. I come from a family of Yahtzee players and it was a little disappointing when I first played our arcade version. But now that I've gotten used to it, I'm hooked anyway.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

TA
    You get 3-4 yahtzees in a game?
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    You get 3-4 yahtzees in a game?
    I got 4 Yahtzees once as well....and LOST the tournament match so it is not that useful unless you get 5's and 6's.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tennisbrp View Post
    I got 4 Yahtzees once as well....and LOST the tournament match so it is not that useful unless you get 5's and 6's.
    Exactly!!

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    Exactly!!
    I only get Yahtzees of 5s and 6s when I already have my Yahtzee, my 5s, my 6s, my 4 of a kind, my 3 of a kind and Chance... But really need two 2s to get the 35 points up top.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    I only get Yahtzees of 5s and 6s when I already have my Yahtzee, my 5s, my 6s, my 4 of a kind, my 3 of a kind and Chance... But really need two 2s to get the 35 points up top.

I understand.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I must be doing something wrong - I don't think I've ever thrown a Yahtzee :sad: