Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: Around the World Scoreboard

Congrats Miles, Fierceheart, and my long time friend Tennis Anyone, who seems to be on a medal run of late

And thanks much to Luvs and Drop for all their work.
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

Quote Originally Posted by TennisAnyone74 View Post

Lastly . . . ! Another medal for me . . . finally! Thanks Adam! Before you, I had no medals - since Adam, I've won 2!

TA
    Thanks TA, all the ADAM loyals are rewarded. And let me say that thanks to all of you, Sauron has not medaled since Wimby.
    Now, there is much more work to do, a new menace is now a certainty. The Witch King has achieved the notorious 12th medal. An announcement will be up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    ::

Thanks for the appreciation, folks. That's nice to read. But truth be told, I barely lifted a finger for this contest because I was so swamped with work, including weekends. Luvs and Drop did all of the dirty work. And as always, they did a superb job. And some other folks pitched in along the way, too... I know jiggy helped out with the QC a few weeks ago... I think beau helped once, too? Can't remember for sure. In any case, we have an awesome team, and I can't thank them enough for doing such fantastic work week in and week out.
    Yes, Beau and Jiggy pitched in to control everything on the always busy Sundays. Many thanks to them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post

With equal points distribution for all tournaments, I was curious to see how this contest was going to play out. As it is, I went from 25th to 30th to 8th to 1st. I suppose under this format, none of us are out of contention until the very end. Nice idea, contest staff.
    Thanks Miles. I would like to know what others think about the Same points for all Tournaments mode, now that they've tried it.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

I would have preferred to stop after week 1 when I was leading!

Seriously though, I thought this was a change of pace from the Green Acres format but that was fun too. In both cases Venus had a large say in who got the medals.

Sorry to mwoods, who I thought was going to win the whole thing.
    Aww, thanks!

Thanks to everyone who ran the contest! Wonderful job!

Now, as fourth place finisher, I'll just sit and wait for the drug test results, and I'm sure I'll have a medal in no time.

And chalk another fantasy tennis lesson learned up on the board for me: know the surfaces! Just because a tournament is in Mexico does NOT mean it is on clay (and therefore, you should avoid Marion like the plague)!

Congrats, winners!

Congrats Miles, Fiercehart and TennisAnyone!

Miles,
    If you win more medals, we'll be forced to start AMAM!

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    That sounds dirty.

I'm sure TA will one day see the error of her ways, repent, fall to her knees, weep and gnash teeth, and realize that there are more medals to be had to following the bright light that will set her free from ADAM's painful chains.

::

Thanks for the appreciation, folks. That's nice to read. But truth be told, I barely lifted a finger for this contest because I was so swamped with work, including weekends. Luvs and Drop did all of the dirty work. And as always, they did a superb job. And some other folks pitched in along the way, too... I know jiggy helped out with the QC a few weeks ago... I think beau helped once, too? Can't remember for sure. In any case, we have an awesome team, and I can't thank them enough for doing such fantastic work week in and week out.

Bring on The Slide Into Paris! Beau and Jiggy are already working out the details!

TA
    My Beloved Mother

Tour Champion

Congrats to all the medalers and thanks for running the contest drop shot and Luvs

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

To ptm, hang in there. You made the logical choice. If I had two trades left for the final week, I too would have picked Radwanska. The only thing that would have given me pause was that she had a tough draw.
    And her lack of form this year. I was hoping she'd rebound but didn't. Oh well, nothing to do at this besides
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Gold Medallion: Miles 1015
    Silver Medallion: Fiercehart 992
    Bronze Medallion: TennisAnyone 991

ADAM Member

luvs10s and Drop-shot

ADAM Member

I'm not sure whch thread is best to post thisin, so I'll do it here.

First of all, congratulations to the winners. Well done. My result is living proof that to do well in these contests, you have to be actively involved throughout and take advantage of the player trade features. That's something I really don't have time for, but I have stubbornly held to the myth that if you pick a good team and let it ride you will come out OK. Doesn't work that way.

It was fun to do some analysis up front, and I did do reasonably well in the first week ... but after that I was a dog's breakfast and rightly finished in the dumps.

Having digested this, I understand better now the strategic interest in the trade feature and the dynamics of the game. Buying out the time to be a serious competitor is another story.

Still, it's fun to be in the mix and I appreciate the efforts of the organizers to stage the contest and manage it efficiently and effectively.

Bravo.

Peter
    TIHBS TIHBW

Avatar --> Politician 1: Philosopher King

In a multi-week contest like this, you are working with incomplete information. For a tournament that begins next week, you have a fairly good idea who will be in the tournament. For a tournament two weeks out, you may have a decent idea, but the further out you go, the less certainty you have who will even be playing. Kind of like weather forecasting.

Without the ability to manage your lineup by making changes throughout the contest, it becomes more of a challenge of picking the people who are going to play, as opposed to picking the people who are going to play well. I don't see any good alternative to allowing for trades during a multi-week tournament. Limiting the number of trades also puts some strategy into the contest.

On the other hand, we do have plenty of "fire and forget" contests like the Nostradamus challenge, and Charlie's Best Slam. I guess the time period on those is long enough where the week-to-week variation should even out over the entire year. But in the contests that go for a few weeks, identifying who is playing during those weeks is a huge factor.

I've been busy lately but belated congrats to the medalists!!!

Missed the podium due to A-Rad..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123