Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 41 of 41
  1. #31

    Re: Congrats Men's 2009 AO Suicide Pool Winners

    You all had to pick Verdasco over Tsonga and Roddick over Djokovic, and you did! Not to mention everything else. Major props are in order!
    It's hard out here for a Zuz.

  2. #32

    Re: Congrats Men's 2009 AO Suicide Pool Winners

    Congrats to Snoo Foo for being the grand prize winner and Snoo Foo, Maedal, and Mu_Royals for beating the draw. Well done!

    TA
    My Beloved Mother

  3. #33

    Re: Congrats Men's 2009 AO Suicide Pool Winners

    Congrats to the three of you brave (or smart) enough to pick a tired Rafa over a history-seeking Roger on hard courts. And for making all the other insane choices you had to in order to even get to the finals. I am really impressed by your feat.

  4. #34

    Re: Congrats Men's 2009 AO Suicide Pool Winners

    Congrats Snoo Foo and all the other medalists! Well done!

  5. #35
    Club Pro marieJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    paris... la france !
    Posts
    197

    Re: Congrats Men's 2009 AO Suicide Pool Winners

    congrats to snoo foo and maedal and mu_royals !
    i'm specially happy for maedal coz we share our fanship for rafa the same way

  6. #36

    Re: Congrats Men's 2009 AO Suicide Pool Winners

    merci, mariej and everyone else...!

  7. #37

    Re: Congrats Men's 2009 AO Suicide Pool Winners

    Congrats!

    Now, am I constantly missing the post with the big announcement of what the prize package actually is or is that still a big secret?


  8. #38
    SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

    Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Phoenixville PA
    Posts
    39,136
    Blog Entries
    28

    Re: Congrats Men's 2009 AO Suicide Pool Winners

    Quote Originally Posted by bea26 View Post
    Congrats!

    Now, am I constantly missing the post with the big announcement of what the prize package actually is or is that still a big secret?
    Oh, I think we've talked about it about 13 times allready, but I like you, so I'll repeat it.

    1) a gift from Jon Wertheim of SI
    2) A Copy of Randy Walker's "On This Day In Tennis History"
    3) A Copy of "The Bud Collins History Of Tennis"
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

  9. #39

    Re: Congrats Men's 2009 AO Suicide Pool Winners

    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Oh, I think we've talked about it about 13 times allready, but I like you, so I'll repeat it.

    1) a gift from Jon Wertheim of SI
    2) A Copy of Randy Walker's "On This Day In Tennis History"
    3) A Copy of "The Bud Collins History Of Tennis"


    What oh what will El Jon give? Cliffhanger!


  10. #40

    Re: Congrats Men's 2009 AO Suicide Pool Winners

    Thanks for all the congratulatory posts on suicide pool. It was a little disappointing to survive the minefield that was the survivor pool, come within 3 games of the total in the final.....and not win the prize. But obviously Snoo Foo was too good. Well done. As I was watching the match I was thinking that I had guessed too many games that if Rafa was to win, that he would have to take it in 4 sets (thus 142 games or so), but he prevailed easily in the 5th, so I was wrong in that strategy.

    In thinking about strategy, the big move I felt that I personally made was choosing Roddick to beat Djkovic. I had to make that decision a round before the match actually occurred and I felt I was going out on a limb to make the pick, but that I had to make some upset pick to do it. I just got lucky with Verdasco. I had strongly considered taking him against Stepanek and was not saving him at all. But after he beat Murray I sensed that it wasn't be the worst thing to have him left. Then of course you had to choose between Federer and Nadal and you had to make that decision a round before the match....what can you say? Anyway, it was a ton of fun. Thanks again for organizing. Not to gloat but this is the 2nd time in three years that I've beaten the draw at the Australian Open men's division (for the record it's the only two times I've ever done it).

  11. #41

    Re: Congrats Men's 2009 AO Suicide Pool Winners

    Quote Originally Posted by mu_royals View Post
    Thanks for all the congratulatory posts on suicide pool. It was a little disappointing to survive the minefield that was the survivor pool, come within 3 games of the total in the final.....and not win the prize. But obviously Snoo Foo was too good. Well done. As I was watching the match I was thinking that I had guessed too many games that if Rafa was to win, that he would have to take it in 4 sets (thus 142 games or so), but he prevailed easily in the 5th, so I was wrong in that strategy.

    In thinking about strategy, the big move I felt that I personally made was choosing Roddick to beat Djkovic. I had to make that decision a round before the match actually occurred and I felt I was going out on a limb to make the pick, but that I had to make some upset pick to do it. I just got lucky with Verdasco. I had strongly considered taking him against Stepanek and was not saving him at all. But after he beat Murray I sensed that it wasn't be the worst thing to have him left. Then of course you had to choose between Federer and Nadal and you had to make that decision a round before the match....what can you say? Anyway, it was a ton of fun. Thanks again for organizing. Not to gloat but this is the 2nd time in three years that I've beaten the draw at the Australian Open men's division (for the record it's the only two times I've ever done it).
    Gloating is certainly allowed!

    I think you're only the fourth person to win more than one medal at the same slam, along with myself, m8, and Lilly Potter. And you're the first to do it outside the French! Very nice!

    (If I missed anyone, let me know...)
    Last edited by oohsalmon; 02-04-2009 at 06:16 PM.
    It's hard out here for a Zuz.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •