Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Grand Slam Champion missinandre's Avatar

Re: 2009 AO SkanCanTest: Open for Business

And now...it is with GREAT JOY that I announce the PeterSkan 2009 Australian Open Slam Contest is NOW CLOSED!

(And it is only with great joy because...the Open is FINALLY starting! I apologize to everyone who didn't get their team listed in time!)

Good luck with your teams and remember that you can check on the status of your team at ANY time!
    ROGER / RAFA FINAL 2010 US OPEN!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSkan View Post
    OK - got it. Just under the wire.
    I said nevermind. I can't add. My original team was 30 points, unless I still added wrong or broke a rule. Whatever. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by craighickman View Post
    I said nevermind. I can't add. My original team was 30 points, unless I still added wrong or broke a rule. Whatever. LOL.
    Yes - I wondered why you were changing. Then I responded before your edit. What a comedy of errors. But no problem - I will revert to your original.
    TIHBS TIHBW

Avatar --> Politician 1: Philosopher King

All gamers:

Here is the link that will take you directly to the ranking page. Teams will be update as matches are completed.

Of course I want to keep all the luck for myself, but what the heck....Good Luck everyone, even you, dryrunguy, no medals involved here!

Ranking page link:

http://www.wtapredictiongame.com/boa...AO_SkanCanTest

Quote Originally Posted by missinandre View Post
    And now...it is with GREAT JOY that I announce the PeterSkan 2009 Australian Open Slam Contest is NOW CLOSED!

(And it is only with great joy because...the Open is FINALLY starting! I apologize to everyone who didn't get their team listed in time!)

Good luck with your teams and remember that you can check on the status of your team at ANY time!
    Right, missinandre ... it's a wrap. I think I've got everybody logged into the game. There's a total of 105 teams. That's a great response and a good sign that we are going to have another great contest year.

In the days of the pre-automated contest, my work would really only be starting as I would have to database all the teams set everything up, and then log the match results. That process would usually take a few days. The automated system takes care of much of that. Logging the match results is very simple, so we will have ranking results as the match results are posted.

There's absolutely no way I would still be able to run the contest the old way. Now it proises to be better than ever, and I have Ace2Ace certainly to thank for that for automating the game and missinandre for being such an enthusiastic promoter of it.

So now, let's sit back and enjoy some tennis!!

YHS,

PeterSkan
    TIHBS TIHBW

All gamers:

Here is the link that will take you directly to the ranking page. Teams will be update as matches are completed.

Of course I want to keep all the luck for myself, but what the heck....Good Luck everyone, even you, dryrunguy, no medals involved here!

Ranking page link:

http://www.wtapredictiongame.com/boa...AO_SkanCanTest
    Thanks, missinandre. But don't forget, folks, once you check out the rankings and enoy your off-TAT visit, get your posting butts back here - whether it's for the arcade or the dumpster or the plethora of other great contests here!

Peace to all!

PeterSkan
    TIHBS TIHBW

Oops, my math is shotty. As punishment, I'll sub out Del Potro for Odesnik, if you want.
    It's hard out here for a Zuz.

Quote Originally Posted by oohsalmon View Post
    Oops, my math is shotty. As punishment, I'll sub out Del Potro for Odesnik, if you want.
    lol No need for punishment! My rule of thumb in these instances is to substitute using the highest ranked player in the lowest team seeding position that will make the team eligible. In your case, that means subbing #9 Blake for #8 Del Potro as your 6th pick. Since play has started, why don't we just leave it at that.

Go James, Go!
    TIHBS TIHBW

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSkan View Post
    lol No need for punishment! My rule of thumb in these instances is to substitute using the highest ranked player in the lowest team seeding position that will make the team eligible. In your case, that means subbing #9 Blake for #8 Del Potro as your 6th pick. Since play has started, why don't we just leave it at that.

Go James, Go!
    Subbing James Blake is extreme capital punishment!

Bump! Deadlines for Team formation and modifications are:

The deadline is the start of play on 19 January 2009.

{Halifax} ~ 8:00 pm; January 18, 2009
    Did you do that just for me? Awww shucks
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345