Agree Agree:  1,790
Likes Likes:  1,751
Page 1144 of 1144 FirstFirst ... 894104410941119113411401141114211431144
Results 17,146 to 17,148 of 17148

Re: National, Regional and Local News

I will try to explain Oliver North's conscience.
    In the 1970's, Venezuela's greatest funny writer, who went by the nom-de-plume OTROVA GOMAS (Justano Therbum) wrote a story called "We have been exposed!". It was published in the weekly comedy magazine "The Educated Sadist". It applies. I will try to reproduce it here.
    ---0---
    It was 2 PM when I picked up the phone. I dialed a number at random. A male voice picked up on the other side.
    "Hello" it said.
    I yelled "Run! They know about what we are doing!"
    I heard the phone being dropped and the sound of furniture being knocked over, the screams of the man clearly audible through the phone.
    I dialed another number. Again, a male voice answered.
    "Hello?" he said.
    I again yelled "Run, they know what we are doing!"
    I heard screams as the phone was dropped, and again the fading footsteps of somebody running.
    I did the same thing a few more times, and every time I just heard the person dropped the phone and run. But then I dialed another person and something else happened.
    "Run!" I said, "They know what we are doing!"
    The man on the other side laughed, as I heard the ice on his glass clink in the background, as he stirred it.
    "I don't care. Everybody in this country knows that we are stealing everything we can" he said, an obvious smile on his face.
    If there is something that I know about is how to deal with cold-hearted, viscous men like this.
    "Yes," I added, "but HE knows you are not giving him his cut!". I then heard the same loud thud, as he obviously started running.
    I was about to pick up the phone again and dial another number when the phone rang. I picked it up and answered: "Hello?"
    "Run, they know what we are doing!" an anonymous voice said.
    "I know" I said. "They already called me"
    "So, what do we do?!"
    I had to be honest with him: "Stop talking like a**holes over the phone and get the f*** out of here" I said, before hanging up.
    I tried to dial a few more numbers but all I got was busy lines. In the street I could hear the shouts of people screaming "They know!!!" or "We have been exposed!!!". I tried to dial a few more numbers, but it was in vain. Outside the window, all I could see was the huge traffic jam, heading towards the airport...

---0---
    Oliver North has no conscience. He just was not given his cut of the deal. That's all.
    I mean, I know you guys are becoming the United States of South America, but we invented that crap!!!!
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Jerry Falwell Jr. will take an indefinite leave of absence from Liberty
    By
    Sarah Pulliam Bailey
    August 7, 2020 at 5:25 p.m. EDT

Jerry Falwell Jr. will take an indefinite leave of absence from Liberty University after posting a racy photo to social media from his vacation where his pants were unzipped, his midriff was out, and he is standing next to a woman holding a glass of dark liquid. He later deleted the photo.

The school issued a brief statement saying that the executive committee of Liberty’s board of trustees met Friday and requested that Falwell take leave. That committee of eight people includes Falwell, according to the school’s website.

On Thursday, Rep. Mark Walker (R-N.C.), a Southern Baptist minister and former Liberty instructor, called for Falwell’s resignation, citing several recent after several scandals.

“Jerry Falwell Jr’s ongoing behavior is appalling,” Walker, the vice chairman of the powerful House Republican Caucus, wrote on Twitter. “I’m convinced Falwell should step down."

In recent months, Falwell’s behavior has been blasted by his own students, young alumni and Black alumni, but this week White evangelical leaders openly criticized him on social media.

Colby Garman, a pastor and executive committee member of the Virginia Southern Baptist Convention, echoed Walker’s call for Falwell to step down. Liberty graduate Dean Inserra, a megachurch pastor in Florida, urged the university board members to “show some courage.” Bible teacher Beth Moore wrote, “I just want everybody to zip up their pants is all.”

Speaking to the Lynchburg, Va., radio station WLNI, Falwell said the woman in the photo was his “wife’s assistant” — and, he said, the inspiration for undoing his pants zipper and exposing his stomach.

“She’s pregnant, so she couldn’t get her pants up,” he said as the host chuckled. “And I had on a pair of jeans that I hadn’t worn in a long time, so I couldn’t get mine zipped, either. And so I just put my belly out like hers.”

“She’s a sweetheart,” he added, “and I should never have put it up and embarrassed her.”

Falwell’s father, Jerry Falwell Sr., was a prominent Southern Baptist pastor who co-founded the once-influential Moral Majority, a group that pushed for conservative politics. After his death, his sons succeeded him; Jerry Falwell Jr. took over the university while his son Jonathan Falwell became senior pastor of the church his father founded.

Teo Armus contributed to this report.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/relig...ge%2Fstory-ans
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

You know what? The explanation is so outrageous that I will buy it. Move on. He is a despicable person, but not because of this.
    When will people realize that Social Media is basically deadly for the famous?
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Page 1144 of 1144 FirstFirst ... 894104410941119113411401141114211431144