Agree Agree:  1,443
Likes Likes:  1,506
Page 1085 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 83598510351060107510811082108310841085
Results 16,261 to 16,265 of 16265

Re: National, Regional and Local News

WTH? That is seriously disturbing. The story, the way it was handled, all of it. Since when are 45 vials stolen in 3 days considered drug possession and not drug dealing? That is not the amount for a personal stash. So not only do I suspect she'd have been in prison longer with the Bronx DA, I'd say different, more serious charges with lengthier prison sentences would've been filed against her. This is a joke.

And what's up with security around drug access protocols at Montefiore? Feeling decidedly less comfortable with my great aunt being seen there after reading that, it's very close to the senior apartments she lives in.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennHarman View Post
    Whooosh......I agree, Ti. How in the world did someone let her off with probation only? GH
    C.
    O.
    L.
    O.
    R.

You have to start having a system in which the defendants are never identified in public, testify via a voice-distorter system, and are not seen by judge or jurors. Defendant A, sitting in a remote box somewhere. So these little nuances do not interfere with the proper administration of justice.
    (Sorry. I just woke up and must have typed that stuff while still dreaming).
    Starry starry night

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    WTH? That is seriously disturbing. The story, the way it was handled, all of it. Since when are 45 vials stolen in 3 days considered drug possession and not drug dealing? That is not the amount for a personal stash. So not only do I suspect she'd have been in prison longer with the Bronx DA, I'd say different, more serious charges with lengthier prison sentences would've been filed against her. This is a joke.

And what's up with security around drug access protocols at Montefiore? Feeling decidedly less comfortable with my great aunt being seen there after reading that, it's very close to the senior apartments she lives in.
    My sister recovered from a very serious stroke at Monte as we call it. When she was touch and go they kept her under sedation using fentanyl so I'm pretty familiar with what the procedures surrounding its use and handling are. What's surprising is that she was so bold (open?) with her actions. No one was going to miss 45 bottles of fentanyl? Really?
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    No one was going to miss 45 bottles of fentanyl? Really?
    Seriously, that's a ton of fentanyl. It's 100 times stronger than morphine I believe and like 40 times stronger than heroin. 45 bottles? Get out of here with that. She stole it over 3 days, not over 3 years or anything. Can't believe she skated on possession and probation.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    Seriously, that's a ton of fentanyl. It's 100 times stronger than morphine I believe and like 40 times stronger than heroin. 45 bottles? Get out of here with that. She stole it over 3 days, not over 3 years or anything. Can't believe she skated on possession and probation.
    Her lawyers deserve every penny she paid them for getting the case out of the Bronx. She'd have been charged with trafficking.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Page 1085 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 83598510351060107510811082108310841085