Likes Likes:  1,681
Page 1130 of 1130 FirstFirst ... 880103010801105112011261127112811291130
Results 16,936 to 16,943 of 16943
    Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: National, Regional and Local News

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    BTW Chauvin has fled to...Orlando, Florida. People know his address there and have posted it on Twitter.
    Did he? It's not clear where he is but he was taken into custody this morning, apparently by Minnesota State police. It's going to be interesting to see if protests continue tonight.

I expect the protests will continue since most people wanted all 4 cops dealt with more harshly. But it's a start. Hopefully it's not just a cynical attempt to stop the protests and then they'll let him walk later.
    Last edited by Woody; 05-29-2020 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Did he? It's not clear where he is but he was taken into custody this morning, apparently by Minnesota State police. It's going to be interesting to see if protests continue tonight.

I expect the protests will continue since most people wanted all 4 cops dealt with more harshly. But it's a start. Hopefully it's not just a cynical attempt to stop the protests and then they'll let him walk later.
    There's been a State of Emergency declared, an 8 PM curfew set, and the National Guard called in. That should be enough to at least cause a lull.

NBC News
    @NBCNews
    St. Paul Mayor Melvin Carter: "Every single person we arrested last night, I'm told, was from out of state."
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1266741567961825284

NBC News@NBCNews
    Replying to @NBCNews
    Minnesota Gov. Walz estimates that about 80% of those being destructive are from outside the state:

"Our heart and our solidarity are with folks who understand what happened Monday night to George Floyd ... But these folks are not them."
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1266752990951755783

Mikel Jollett @Mikel_Jollett

This is what I'm talking about. A bunch of white people destroying property while a black organizer (wait for it) PLEADS with them to stop.

THIS IS NOT ALLYSHIP.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1266725142408773633
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Joy Reid
    @JoyAnnReid
    So now, the attorney general, Bill Barr, is attempting to pin the anarchy and infiltration, which is already documented as coming from white nationalist groups, on "left leaning" ANTIFA groups. The goal is to force the media to repeat that. What is his proof?

What I heard from Minnesota officials -- all of them -- was that white nationalist groups are planning online, to blend into the protests and stir chaos, "using the legitimate protesters as a human shield." What logical reason would LEFTwing groups have to burn black communities?

Minnesota authorities have begun contact tracing arrestees from protests
    At a press conference on Saturday, Minnesota leaders said that the majority of those being destructive during the protests about George Floyd's death in the Twin Cities were from out of state, and that officials have begun contact tracing arrestees. Later, the US president Tweeted, "It’s ANTIFA and the Radical Left. Don’t lay the blame on others!"

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Joy Reid
    @JoyAnnReid
    So now, the attorney general, Bill Barr, is attempting to pin the anarchy and infiltration, which is already documented as coming from white nationalist groups, on "left leaning" ANTIFA groups. The goal is to force the media to repeat that. What is his proof?

What I heard from Minnesota officials -- all of them -- was that white nationalist groups are planning online, to blend into the protests and stir chaos, "using the legitimate protesters as a human shield." What logical reason would LEFTwing groups have to burn black communities?

Minnesota authorities have begun contact tracing arrestees from protests
    At a press conference on Saturday, Minnesota leaders said that the majority of those being destructive during the protests about George Floyd's death in the Twin Cities were from out of state, and that officials have begun contact tracing arrestees. Later, the US president Tweeted, "It’s ANTIFA and the Radical Left. Don’t lay the blame on others!"
    This is truly disturbing.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

JJ MacNab @jjmacnab
    I've started combing through the arrests.

This guy, for example, may be from Alaska, but he was already in Minnesota at the time George Floyd was killed.

And yes, he was stupid enough to post publicly on Facebook about his plans to use Molotov cocktails at the protest.

Heather Brown @heatherbrown21
    Gov. Walz says there was a “sophisticated” denial-of-service attack on state computers last night. “That’s not someone sitting in their basement.”
    11:17 AM · May 31, 2020 from Minneapolis, MN·Twitter for i

Page 1130 of 1130 FirstFirst ... 880103010801105112011261127112811291130