Agree Agree:  1,749
Likes Likes:  1,710
Page 1137 of 1137 FirstFirst ... 887103710871112112711331134113511361137
Results 17,041 to 17,053 of 17053

Re: National, Regional and Local News

Ok. Good article. But it is missing the point that the reason these rumors spread so easily is the dearth of critical thinking in the USA.
    For that matter, around the world.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Dearth of critical thinking you say?

Travis View
    @travis_view
    A Massachusetts QAnon follower was arrested after livestreaming himself leading police on a multi-town car chase with his five children in the vehicle before allegedly ramming a cruiser and crashing into a tree in North Hampton, NH.

One of the Facebook videos posted by Alpalus Slyman, 29, shows him pleading with Trump and QAnon to help him during the car chase.

"Donald Trump I need a miracle or something. Somebody. QAnon help me!"
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1271887285642985474

Alpalus Slyman's Facebook profile avi is the same as the avi used by "Joe M" a prominent QAnon promoter.

Slyman also apparently believes that JFK Jr., who died in 1999, is alive and will reveal himself soon.

https://www.unionleader.com/news/cri...803777ef8.html
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Dearth of critical thinking you say?

Travis View
    @travis_view
    A Massachusetts QAnon follower was arrested after livestreaming himself leading police on a multi-town car chase with his five children in the vehicle before allegedly ramming a cruiser and crashing into a tree in North Hampton, NH.

One of the Facebook videos posted by Alpalus Slyman, 29, shows him pleading with Trump and QAnon to help him during the car chase.

"Donald Trump I need a miracle or something. Somebody. QAnon help me!"
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1271887285642985474

Alpalus Slyman's Facebook profile avi is the same as the avi used by "Joe M" a prominent QAnon promoter.

Slyman also apparently believes that JFK Jr., who died in 1999, is alive and will reveal himself soon.

https://www.unionleader.com/news/cri...803777ef8.html
    At least some of the kids in the car sound sane - much more so than dad. Hopefully, (I know it won't happen) he gets his parental rights revoked for child endangerment.
    "And for my next fearless prediction..."

Lack of critical thinking.
    And writing skills, i.e. proper grammar. That was tough to read.

He obviously needs a mental health evaluation but can you just lock someone up for being "crazy" anymore? Where was his wife while all of this was going on?

U.S. Embassy Seoul @USEmbassySeoul · Jun 13
    The U.S. Embassy stands in solidarity with fellow Americans grieving and peacefully protesting to demand positive change. Our #BlackLivesMatter banner shows our support for the fight against racial injustice and police brutality as we strive to be a more inclusive & just society.
    Jim Sciutto @jimsciutto

New: US Embassy Seoul has received a request from the State Dept’s 7th floor – where Secretary Pompeo’s offices are located – that the embassy take down the Black Lives Matter hung from the building’s façade,
    @NicoleCNN reporting.

Jennifer Jacobs@JenniferJJacobs
    NEWS:
    @USEmbassySeoul removed “Black Lives Matter” banner draped on exterior of the US embassy in South Korea after it was flagged to Trump and Pompeo. Both were displeased, sources tell me and
    @nwadhams Pride banner has been removed, too, per @Lee_Jeong_Ho...

There was a march here in town. I did not go because I did not know it was taking place.
    The march was organized by the local high-school, so it was a lot of young kids and their parents. A couple of friends that went said it was peaceful, easy going, no issues.
    But the guys with the AR15's and weapons were silently shadowing the kids. They described it as "sickening" (they are NO-2ND-AMMENDMENT people).

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Jim Sciutto @jimsciutto

New: US Embassy Seoul has received a request from the State Dept’s 7th floor – where Secretary Pompeo’s offices are located – that the embassy take down the Black Lives Matter hung from the building’s façade,
    @NicoleCNN reporting.

Jennifer Jacobs@JenniferJJacobs
    NEWS:
    @USEmbassySeoul removed “Black Lives Matter” banner draped on exterior of the US embassy in South Korea after it was flagged to Trump and Pompeo. Both were displeased, sources tell me and
    @nwadhams Pride banner has been removed, too, per @Lee_Jeong_Ho...

I see they were made to remove the Pride flag as well..

via @JohnPassantino

US attorney announces the gunman who allegedly killed two law enforcement officers in California was associated with the right-wing Boogaloo movement. A patch bearing the group’s symbol was found in the van used by the shooter in Oakland and Santa Cruz killings

FBI: The gunman, an Air Force sergeant, and an accomplice went to Oakland "to take advantage” of BLM protests at the courthouse and open fire on officers. The pair were not associated with the protests.
    The gun used in the shooting of federal security officers was an AR-15 style rifle, US attorney says.

“They came to Oakland to kill cops,” FBI special agent says.

ATF official: The weapon used in the fatal shootings of two officers was a homemade so-called ghost gun without a serial number. “This fire arm is a machine gun with a silencer attached to its barrel."
    FBI special agent says of the possibility that others may be involved in the killings: "This is an ongoing investigation and you can assume we are persuing others"

The gunman charged in the officer killings is the leader of a highly trained US Air Force security team that guards aircraft in high terrorist and high crime areas overseas, @barbarastarrcnn reports
    More details from @LuLuLeMew

JUNE 6, 2020, CA — Santa Cruz County deputy killed and other officers injured after ambush

Working theory: sheriff's deputies "interrupted something big that was about to happen."

Around 1:30 p.m., the sheriff's office received a report of a suspicious van on a turnout at Jamison Creek Road near Ben Lomond. The caller said they saw guns and bomb-making devices inside the vehicle.

Deputies arrived at the scene & saw van leave and followed it.

As the van pulled into a driveway, officers were ambushed with gunfire and many improvised explosives
    Sergeant Damon Gutzwiller, 38, was shot and taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.

During the ambush, another officer was struck by either gunshot or shrapnel from the explosives, then struck by a getaway vehicle

Calls of carjacking soon followed as officers from other departments arrived to the scene.

Another officer was shot in the hand and taken to the hospital.

The two officers have not been identified and officials say they are hopeful they will recover.

Suspect:
    Steven CARILLO, 32, Ben Lomond
    ▪︎active duty US Air Force sergeant based out of Travis Air Force Base in Fairfield
    ▪︎shot during arrest
    ▪︎in hospital, expected to survive
    ▪︎will be charged for the murder of Sergeant Gutzwiller and other felonies
    Investigators found many improvised explosive devices inside Carillo's home Saturday

FBI has taken over the case.

Carillo has two children. His wife, Monika Carrillo, was a First Class Airmen in the Air Force, but she died in an off-base hotel in South Carolina in 2018. Authorities said at the time her death was not suspicious.

Carrillo was detained with the help of a resident of Ben Lomond, a census-designated place in the county, Sheriff Jim Hart said on June 8.

Carrillo ran into a Ben Lomond resident's yard wearing an AR-15 on his chest, Hart said, and demanded the resident's car keys.

The resident calmly went into his house and handed him a key. When Carrillo turned to leave, the resident tackled him.

Carrillo tried to light a pipe bomb, which the resident swatted away.

Then he pulled out a pistol and the resident successfully wrestled that away, as well.

More nearby residents jumped into action and helped detain the suspect until sheriff's deputies could arrive on scene.

"It was a remarkable remarkable heroic thing that resident did," said Sheriff Hart. "He doesn't want to be named and doesn't want any recognition."

The violent encounter started Saturday when deputies responded to a 911 call around 1:30 p.m. about a suspicious van in Ben Lomond. The caller said there were guns and bomb-making devices inside, Hart said.

When deputies arrived, they were ambushed by gunfire and explosives after getting out of their vehicle.

Part 1

Part 2 from @LuLuLeMew

Sergeant Damon Gutzwiller was wounded and later died at a hospital. Another deputy, whose identity isn't being revealed, was also shot in the chest - vest stopped the bullet.

The FBI is investigating a possible link between the Ben Lomond shooting and the attack on the Federal Building in downtown Oakland that killed a security officer on May 29.

The suspect in both cases was described as having a white van filled with weapons.
    Special Agent John Bennett declined to give further details on any possible links, saying,

"This is a complex and active investigation."

Since Saturday, law enforcement have been sorting through a large quantity of bombs, bomb making equipment and ammunition found at the scene of the crime.

Carrillo will be arraigned Friday afternoon.

https://t.co/2W9jag3td2
    “Multiple sources with knowledge of the federal investigation into both shootings say Steven Carrillo is believed to also be the gunman in the Oakland shooting. The driver of the van involved remains at large.”

https://t.co/fNZL8qZGbe
    CARRILLO’s is charged w 19 offenses that include possibility of life w/o parole or the death penalty.

Gov. Newsom has a moratorium on executions but Santa Cruz County DA Jeffrey Rosell said he hadn't yet decided whether he would seek the death penalty.
    miamiherald.com/news/nation-wo…

Carrillo, 32, was charged with 19 offenses, including murder and attempted murder of peace officers, and was calm and unflinching Friday during his first appearance in Santa Cruz Superior Court.

Notably, Carrillo was not wearing a mask.
    Carrillo had no record of disciplinary issues during his service, according to the Air Force.

The military said Carrillo was deployed to Kuwait for four months in 2019, but his attorney stated he served in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan.

Former friend, Ehrhardt, who served in the Air Force with him before his retirement, said Carrillo considered himself a libertarian and that Carrillo shared boogaloo memes on Facebook

DA Rosell would not discuss Carrillo's potential links to the “boogaloo” movement and said the investigation to any possible connections is ongoing.

The statue of Arthur Ashe in Richmond, VA, was defaced with... "WHITE LIVES MATTER".
    I kid you not.
    Last thing these people will do is spray "Nee Nee Nee Nee". How childish can you be?

Jay Yarow @jyarow
    Fracking company Chesapeake files for bankruptcy. Here’s what the new CEO found when he took the helm. https://cnbc.com/2020/06/29/behind-c...king-bill.html

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

While the above is ridiculous, the article linked said this was discovered when he took over in 2013. What have they been doing since?

Page 1137 of 1137 FirstFirst ... 887103710871112112711331134113511361137