Agree Agree:  1,463
Likes Likes:  1,523
Page 1088 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 83898810381063107810841085108610871088
Results 16,306 to 16,309 of 16309

Re: National, Regional and Local News

$3.6 million? You gotta be kidding me. That's either a hopeless rich fanboy or a sucker who buys that for anywhere close to the asking. Forget who used to live there, that is seriously overpriced for what it is. You can get an existing 2 BR or even 3 BR for that or less. And other places for near that amount will look a good deal better than this, which looks like several rooms are in need of a major renovation.

The wainscotting is terrible and outdated. The view is just rooftops. The floors need redoing. BUT it's on 5th ave across from Millionaires Row (57th st between 5th and 7th) so the asking price is reasonable for that part of town.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

I helped a friend look for a place somewhat recently in Manhattan and while he's not in this high rent, I started with all of it and peaked at a few, and I'm positive I saw stuff below this that was 2 BR, 2 BA and 2,000 sq ft that was under this in the area near this. AND it looked, way, way more modern. The 1 BR is part of the ridiculous (over and above the already crazy NYC prices I mean), but also how much work that needs to be done. I don't see how this isn't significantly overpriced from what I was seeing.

The Feds must have nabbed a major informant or two in the last 6 months to a year. And whoever the heck it is has been singing like a canary. They've had way, way more big port busts recently even though drugs coming through ports is nothing new.

Feds seize more than 16 tons of cocaine at Philadelphia terminal

By Eliott C. McLaughlin and Rebekah Riess, CNN

(CNN)Federal authorities seized about 16 tons of cocaine Tuesday from a large ship at the Packer Marine Terminal in Philadelphia, prosecutors said.

Members of the ship's crew were arrested and federally charged. The investigation is ongoing, said a tweet form US Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.

It's the largest seizure in the district's history, the office said.

The drugs were found inside eight containers on a cargo ship, according to CNN affiliate WPVI.

A kilogram of cocaine sells for about $28,000, according to the UN Office on Drugs and Crime's 2016 estimate. At that price, sold by the kilo, the drugs would be worth more than $419 million.

The US Attorney's Office estimates the street value at more than $1 billion.

The seizure comes on the heels of several major busts at the Port of Philadelphia, located about 8 miles up the Delaware River from the Packer Marine Terminal.

Among them were seizures of 450 kilograms of cocaine in May, 538 kilos of cocaine in March and 50 kilos of the powerful opioid, fentanyl, in July, WPVI reported.

The Port of Philadelphia said the situation was still developing and that it had no comment.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/18/us/ph...ust/index.html

Page 1088 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 83898810381063107810841085108610871088