Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: TAT Tailgate West 2009

Today I found out I have to be in Seattle on March 22. So it looks like my mid-March is going to be:

Leave Philly, arrive Palm Springs March 12
    Palm Springs March 12-16
    Leave Palm Springs, arrive Philly March 16
    Leave Philly, arrive Seattle March 22
    Seattle, March 22-26
    Leave Seattle, Arrive Philly March 26

I don't know about anyone else, but I am thinking that is way too much East to West to East to West to East in a two week period. So I'm now thinking about making my March vacation two weeks, and spending a few extra days on the West Coast. I have family in Santa Monica, I love San Diego, I have a cousin I haven't seen in years in San Francisco, I'd have no problem spending a few extra days in Seattle, and I've always wanted to see Portland, so there are lots of options.
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but I am thinking that is way too much East to West to East to West to East in a two week period. So I'm now thinking about making my March vacation two weeks, and spending a few extra days on the West Coast. I have family in Santa Monica, I love San Diego, I have a cousin I haven't seen in years in San Francisco, I'd have no problem spending a few extra days in Seattle, and I've always wanted to see Portland, so there are lots of options.
    Hey Mr., don't you have a friend in LA who would gladly entertain you for a few days??? Maybe even Scotty will come down to hang with us.
    Towel Avatar, do your thing!

mmmm8 is my hero!
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Today I found out I have to be in Seattle on March 22. So it looks like my mid-March is going to be:

Palm Springs March 12-16
    Seattle, March 22-26

Come to San Francisco and see us!! but we are going to IW anyways , so that could be overkill! Seattle SUCKS!!! lol!!

Hold on when you get love and let go when you give it...

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

bump ...

If watching all this tennis in the sun makes you want to see some in person, come to Indian Wells!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie181 View Post
    LOL I did too.

Great, now I'm gonna have nightmares
    RRRRRRRRRRRRight...
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Fed Fan
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Palm Springs March 12-16
    Seattle, March 22-26

Think it's safe to say there are plenty of folks here on the west coast who would be happy to see you! (hint, hint)

And I just got my tickets in the mail today. WOOHOO!!! It's odd to see them read "BNP Paribas" though. And this time I have parking passes for the Miles Parking Lot so no more "where the $*!#! is Lot B!"
    16 and counting...

JUPITER'S GHOST - catch up on all the episodes at http://www.youtube.com/user/jupitersghost

Tennis begins with love.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
    Think it's safe to say there are plenty of folks here on the west coast who would be happy to see you! (hint, hint)

And I just got my tickets in the mail today. WOOHOO!!! It's odd to see them read "BNP Paribas" though. And this time I have parking passes for the Miles Parking Lot so no more "where the $*!#! is Lot B!"
    For your sake, I hope that's not the Miles-away-from-the courts Parking Lot.

Just curious, for you American east coasters, how much is airfare to Palm Springs?

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Martini4me View Post

Just curious, for you American east coasters, how much is airfare to Palm Springs?
    Airfare can't be very cheap. It's high season in the desert, and there just aren't that many flights direct to PSP. But it's a darling little airport, practically open air.

But if anyone out there is looking, also check flights to Ontario, California. Southwest goes there (as do all major carriers), and it's just over an hour West of PS. You can often save a bundle. And if you were going to rent a car anyways ...

Then there's always LAX, but as our Angelinos can tell you, that drive is often painful.

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Martini4me View Post

Frequent Flier miles for me, Martini. The trip cost me $10.00, and a little bit of sucking up to the boss.

And Scotty's right. Gorgeous airport, easy in and out. I think one of my favorite airports to fly into, because the transition from the mountains to the desert as you prepare to land is breathtaking.

Are you and Mrs. Martini giving some thought to a trip? If you are a tennis fan, this is the trip of a lifetime, IMO.
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Also, I'm hearing that the rumors of mrjiggyfly's appearance may well be true!

Blog Entries

Palm Springs March 12-16
    Seattle, March 22-26

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Hey Mr., don't you have a friend in LA who would gladly entertain you for a few days??? Maybe even Scotty will come down to hang with us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle View Post

I co-sign with Miles and Danielle, there should be plenty of people with whom to hang out in LA for a couple of days...
    with Elena at IW 09!!!!

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Enjoying all this live tennis in the sunshine?

Come see some in person! IW Tailgate: Saturday, March 14th! Details in the first post of this thread.
    Ask any questions here.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

41 days until Tailgate day! give or take a few hours...

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Just updating ...

Daily tickets have been on sale for a while now. For Tailgaters, I recommend buying a Day ticket to the Stadium Court for each day you'll be at the BNP Parisbas Open. That gives you the option to get onto the main court, as well as all the smaller courts. It does NOT let you watch the official "night matches" on the Stadium, but there is a big screen to view, and there is usually plenty of other action into the evenings on the outer courts.

If you are a USTA member, student, member of the military, over 55, or a resident of the Coachella Valley, day tickets are only $40 for the day(s) of the Tailgate. Otherwise it's $60. Grounds passes are only $35 (you just can't get onto the Stadium Court).

Ticket info HERE

Ticket flyer attached (PDF).

Blog Entries

I'm in!!!!
    I bought my tickets for Saturday's day session a minute ago!!! I may go on Sunday as well, but not sure yet... see you all there!
    with Elena at IW 09!!!!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast