Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1

    2008 TAT Election Contest - Questions?

    Any questions you have about the contest, please post here, and I will do my best to answer them .

  2. #2
    Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    dryrunguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    52,563
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: 2008 TAT Election Contest - Questions?

    No question, Salmon! Just wanted to say that I think the concept is really cool!
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

  3. #3
    Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    Scotty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Alameda, CA
    Posts
    11,909
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2008 TAT Election Contest - Questions?

    I have a question ... when are you going to stop trying to make 'fetch' happen?


  4. #4
    Where am I?
    Awards Showcase

    beaujarkko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eastpointe, MI
    Posts
    5,825
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: 2008 TAT Election Contest - Questions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    I have a question ... when are you going to stop trying to make 'fetch' happen?


    It's never going to happen.

    Also, I am REALLY excited about this game. I know my friend will play, too (though don't be surprised if the whole country ends up red )
    I'll miss you!

  5. #5
    Wimbledon Enthusiast
    Awards Showcase

    lukeorion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    916

    Re: 2008 TAT Election Contest - Questions?

    So my question is. Can we do a few picks at a time and then say update it later on (or a new post)?

  6. #6

    Re: 2008 TAT Election Contest - Questions?

    Quote Originally Posted by lukeorion View Post
    So my question is. Can we do a few picks at a time and then say update it later on (or a new post)?
    Sure!

    The easiest thing to do might just to be to do ALL your picks the first time then make adjustments as you go along. I'd hate for you to forget to finish and wind up with an incomplete map.
    It's hard out here for a Zuz.

  7. #7

    Re: 2008 TAT Election Contest - Questions?

    This might be the dumb question, but do we provide our own maps or do you have to make one for us from our picks? I tried to copy and paste mine from Real Clear Politics but it wasn't working.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

    "If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

  8. #8
    Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    dryrunguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    52,563
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: 2008 TAT Election Contest - Questions?

    Quote Originally Posted by munchin View Post
    This might be the dumb question, but do we provide our own maps or do you have to make one for us from our picks? I tried to copy and paste mine from Real Clear Politics but it wasn't working.

    Oohsalmon will do the map for you. You just have to give him the list.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

  9. #9
    Grand Slam Champion missinandre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    9,120

    Re: 2008 TAT Election Contest - Questions?

    oohsalmon,

    If there are any problems, or any doubts or questions as to who is legally our President - elect are you going to hold off declaring a winner until all issues are resolved?
    ROGER / RAFA FINAL 2010 US OPEN!!!!!

  10. #10
    Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    dryrunguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    52,563
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: 2008 TAT Election Contest - Questions?

    Quote Originally Posted by missinandre View Post
    oohsalmon,

    If there are any problems, or any doubts or questions as to who is legally our President - elect are you going to hold off declaring a winner until all issues are resolved?
    Actually, the Chambliss/Martin Senate race in Georgia is most likely to be the stickler. There's a very good chance of a runoff for that one.

    http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=3.2.1
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

  11. #11
    Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    dryrunguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    52,563
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: 2008 TAT Election Contest - Questions?

    Is it correct that there are four undecided races?

    1) Missouri for the presidential election
    2) Run off for the senate seat in Georgia
    3) The Minnesota Senate seat
    4) The Alaska Senate seat

    What's the prognosis for when this stuff will be decided?

    And are there still doubts about the Georgia presidential election? I've read speculation that there was...
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

  12. #12

    Re: 2008 TAT Election Contest - Questions?

    When are you gonna give us the results?

  13. #13
    Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    dryrunguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    52,563
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: 2008 TAT Election Contest - Questions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessie181 View Post
    When are you gonna give us the results?

    I guess when the remaining races are decided!
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

  14. #14

    Re: 2008 TAT Election Contest - Questions?

    Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    Is it correct that there are four undecided races?

    1) Missouri for the presidential election
    2) Run off for the senate seat in Georgia
    3) The Minnesota Senate seat
    4) The Alaska Senate seat

    What's the prognosis for when this stuff will be decided?

    And are there still doubts about the Georgia presidential election? I've read speculation that there was...
    That's correct. Missouri is thought to be fairly safe for McCain, so I'm not too worried about that one. Some people have already called it.

    I'm not gonna wait for the Georgia runoff--I'm thinking I should probably either just give points to Chambliss pickers or throw that one out, haven't decided.

    The main two that are up for grabs still are the Minnesota and Alaska senate races. If the recounts and what not stretch for weeks, I'll throw those out too and try to get y'all results by Thanksgiving.
    It's hard out here for a Zuz.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •