Agree Agree:  73
Likes Likes:  48
Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2247626869707172
Results 1,066 to 1,071 of 1071

Re: The Failing Economy

During Soviet times it was the lack of free apartments instead of money, but the same outcome. Uncle married last so he stayed in grandparents apartment.

Generally though multigenerational living arrangements have been a norm for all, but the richest humans for most of our existence.
    Roger forever

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    Southern Europe is better than Germany or Sweden? I wouldn't guess that...
    Not "better" in the sense that it's necessarily better for the economy, but more protections for workers in union agreements. Germany and Sweden have more protections directly from the government for all employees, whereas Southern Union has stronger union agreements that may vary by union.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Are you talking about LATAM, the airline, or LATAM, the continent? Because if you are talking about the continent, I would like to see your source. I would be very surprised.
    I agree we are not Southern Asia, though.

I'm talking about South America, so not including Mexico or Central America. The comment's based in my experience, but I'll try to look for some sources. Should caveat I'm talking about regulation - not actual situations on the ground or enforcement, and mostly about white collar workers. I work in this area and besides general experience, have been dealing with a specific project closely for a year and a half (although only in select countries, including Argentina, Brazil, Chile, and Colombia). To change someone's, say, benefits or work hours, or anything else is very difficult without their consent. Any change in company policy may require a payout because of acquired rights, sometimes the Ministry of Labor has to sign off on the smallest changes like a 1-day vacation decrease, etc. Depending on the country, there can be requirements around minimum vacation periods, guarantee of benefits extending into retirement and other stuff

I'm not saying this is universally enforced, but it's in the books.

Here is a related piece:
    https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtoo...yment-law.aspx

Went to my favorite Thai restaurant again. They don't seem to be failing at all. I'm just waiting for my take away outdoors, but there are only 1-2 tables free both indoors and outdoors.
    Roger forever

And I hope the food was good, too!
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

I'd not go there often when doing home office if it was not good.
    Roger forever

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2247626869707172