Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

TFT: 2008 East Meets West Lounge

Talk about your ATP and WTA teams! Complain about about them! Cheer for them!

Or, lick your wounds.

Whatever you do, do it HERE!

After you order a cocktail from the bartenders.

Good luck! And Welcome!

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: TFT: 2008 East Meets West Lounge

Welcome, everyone! Let's get it started!

Your WTA teams are due before the start of play in Tokyo on September 15. Start strategizing!

And let's also welcome our administrators for the 2008 East Meets West--Jessie, Drop-Shot and luvs10s! Along with yours truly!

Read over the "How it Works" thead and feel free to post any questions you may have in our "Ask a Question Here" thread.

Enjoy! And good luck to all of our participants!
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Grand Slam Champion missinandre's Avatar

OMG my brain fried tennis-wise and I'm still nursing my wounds over losing PeterSkan's US Open contest (well second place ain't bad but....I guess you could say instead of second place winner I'm a first place loser) and here I am again...in another lounge...looking at another fantasy tennis competition hopelessly in search of that puny ugly colored cyber medal to put in my TAT cyber trophy case....oh wait.....I don't even have a trophy case sniff sniff .....
    ROGER / RAFA FINAL 2010 US OPEN!!!!!

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

What? Contested out so early in the season???

This is a fun contest... And we have the women to thank... Because they are SO enraging when they pull out of an event, after the deadline has passed, due to an ingrown toenail...
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Yeah, the women are crazeh.
    Anyway, I think I'm going to get myself a drink already

mmmm

eek. This is the one last chance to medal in something this year! (apart from the predictions and all of that jazz, which I'm already out of contention Though, I am still in contention for the run to the masters tournament which I'm totally freaking out about )

eek!
    Last edited by Jay; 09-08-2008 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by missinandre View Post
    OMG my brain fried tennis-wise and I'm still nursing my wounds over losing PeterSkan's US Open contest (well second place ain't bad but....I guess you could say instead of second place winner I'm a first place loser) and here I am again...in another lounge...looking at another fantasy tennis competition hopelessly in search of that puny ugly colored cyber medal to put in my TAT cyber trophy case....oh wait.....I don't even have a trophy case sniff sniff .....
    Mine's dusty and old, and it has nothing in it as well

I think there are spiderwebs there now. I've stopped cleaning it every time a fantasy contest starts

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie181 View Post
    Mine's dusty and old, and it has nothing in it as well
    Sounds like a line from The Golden Girls.

Or maybe bea's avatar just puts my mind in places it shouldn't be in.
    The Adventures of Pete and Pete: Mom

Where am I?
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I forgot the women might decide to be present at some of these tournaments factor into this contest, as well. I think that's why I finished third-to-last last year. LOL.
    I'll miss you!

Grand Slam Champion missinandre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    What? Contested out so early in the season???

This is a fun contest... And we have the women to thank... Because they are SO enraging when they pull out of an event, after the deadline has passed, due to an ingrown toenail...
    Okay. This is what I'm going to do. For the other fantasy contests I've participated in....I've picked players right off the top of my head.

For this contest, I'm going to give it serious research and consideration. If it doesn't work....then I'll go back to just....picking players off the top of my head!
    ROGER / RAFA FINAL 2010 US OPEN!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by missinandre View Post
    For this contest, I'm going to give it serious research and consideration. If it doesn't work....then I'll go back to just....picking players off the top of my head!
    Blimey, most of the times this doesn't work either.

Deciding what C and D players to use for the WTA is a head scratcher
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    Deciding what C and D players to use for the WTA is a head scratcher
    It's it just - I spent ages trying to work it out and then just took a stab.

I can't believe that I'm about to write the following.....and, I reserve the right to change my mind at any point before the deadline.....but, I actually believe that I am finally (for the moment) contest-ed out. I even cringe at the thought of having to plot out more teams, and then sweat when/if to do substitutions. May actually skip East Meets West. (Might even skip TAT contests through TAT's Aussie 2009 Pools.) (Of course, I'll probably still do steven's. What else can you do when: )
    Last edited by nelslus; 09-10-2008 at 10:46 PM.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nelslus View Post
    I can't believe that I'm about to write the following.....and, I reserve the right to change my mind at any point before the deadline.....but, I actually believe that I am finally (for the moment) contest-ed out. I even cringe at the thought of having to plot out more teams, and then sweat when/if to do substitutions. May actually skip East Meets West. (Might even skip TAT contests through TAT's Aussie 2009 Pools.) (Of course, I'll probably still do steven's. What else can you do when: )
    Well, I'll just have to throw a fit if you don't.

Last edited by Jay; 09-10-2008 at 11:30 PM.

Wimbledon Enthusiast
    Awards Showcase

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

I seriously thought about not entering this because of all my school work but I couldn't resist.

It is seriously so hard to pick for the women though especially C and D.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast