Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

UPDATED Men's USOSP Picks & Results Thread

Congratulations on making it to the 2008 US Open Suicide Pool UPDATED Menís Picks & Results Thread. A truly great job by all 32 of you!

Abbey: Simon -Mathieu -Calleri -Monfils -Almagro - Wawrinka - Gonzalez - Del Potro - Davydenko

Agassifan: Monfils - Fish - Moya - Blake - Verdasco - Wawrinka - Roddick - Del Potro - Davydenko

Ajstew: Simon - Fish - Moya - Melzer - Stepanek - Wawrinka - Gonzalez - Del Potro - Davydenko

Angryduck: Troicki -Fish -Gulbis -Nalbandian -Stepanek -Wawrinka -Roddick -Del Potro - Davydenko

Csgnyc: Kohlschreiber -Fish -Moya -Querrey -Verdasco -Wawrinka - Roddick - Del Potro - Davydenko

Doubledogbrewer: Murray-Karlovic-Roddick-Nalbandian -Verdasco-Wawrinka-Gonzalez-Nadal - Davydenko

Edmond Dantes: Llodra -Chardy -Moya -Simon - Verdasco- Wawrinka - Roddick - Del Potro - Davydenko

Elenas: Simon -Verdasco -Stepanek -Ferrer -Davydenko -Wawrinka -Roddick - Murray - Djokovic - Del Potro

Improbabledream: Simon -Fish -Tursunov -Melzer -Stepanek -Wawrinka -Gonzalez -Del Potro - Davydenko

Irena2: Troicki - Robredo - Cilic - Nishikori - Stepanek - Wawrinka - Gonzalez - Del Potro - Davydenko

Jack : Troicki - Fish - Calleri - Melzer - Verdasco - Wawrinka - Roddick - Del Potro - Davydenko

Jadesa: Kohlschreiber - Fish - Tursunov - Querrey - Andreev - Wawrinka - Gonzalez - Murray - Roddick - Del Potro

Jazzyg: Troicki -Fish -Stepanek -Nalbandian - Verdasco - Wawrinka - Gonzalez - Del Potro - Davydenko

Jkfriedman: Monfils - Reynolds - Moya - Simon - Almagro - Wawrinka - Gonzalez - Murray - Davydenko

Kayce: Troicki - Chardy - Stepanek - Simon - Tursunov - Wawrinka - Gonzalez - Del Potro - Roddick - Nadal - Federer - Murray

Kcgregg: Monfils - Fish - Stepanek - Querrey - Verdasco - Wawrinka - Roddick - Murray - Davydenko

Kmart93: Simon - Safin - Cilic - Melzer - Seppi - Wawrinka - Gonzalez - Del Potro - Davydenko

Last_Neuron: Nalbandian-Karlovic-Moya-Querrey -Stepanek -Wawrinka -Gonzalez -Del Potro - Roddick - Murray - Muller

Microserfing: Troicki -Fish -Moya -Querrey - Nieminen - Wawrinka - Gonzalez - Del Potro - Davydenko

Mocam57: Kohlschreiber -Verdasco -Moya -Querrey -Stepanek -Wawrinka -Roddick -Del Potro - Davydenko

Moose: Llodra -Fish -Ginepri -Nalbandian -Verdasco - Wawrinka - Davydenko - Del Potro - Roddick - Nadal - Federer - Murray

Musababid: Troicki - Robredo - Gulbis - Querrey - Verdasco - Wawrinka - Gonzalez - Murray - Davydenko

OCon68: Monfils - Fish - Moya - Querrey - Verdasco - Wawrinka - Davydenko - Del Potro - Roddick - Murray - Djokovic - no pick

Scotty: Kohlschreiber -Fish -Ginepri -Querrey -Verdasco - Wawrinka - Roddick - Del Potro - Davydenko

Suliso: Kohlschreiber -Fish -Ginepri - Melzer - Verdasco - Wawrinka - Roddick - Del Potro - Davydenko

SW195AE: Monfils -Fish -Tursunov -Nalbandian -Verdasco -Wawrinka -Gonzalez - Del Potro - Davydenko

Tennis Fan: Simon - Safin - Moya - Blake - Davydenko - Wawrinka - Gonzalez - Del Potro - Roddick - Nadal - Federer - Djokovic

Tennismaster8: Troicki-Verdasco-Tsonga-Nalbandian -Gonzalez-Wawrinka-Roddick -Del Potro - Davydenko

Tscott: Troicki - Mathieu - Moya - Melzer - Verdasco - Wawrinka - Gonzalez - Del Potro - Davydenko

Udaneri: Blake - Karlovic - Moya - Ferrer - Verdasco - Wawrinka - Roddick - Del Potro - Davydenko

Vlad: Kohlschreiber -Fish -Gulbis -Querrey - Stepanek - Wawrinka - Gonzalez - Del Potro - Davydenko

Zebra: Troicki -Nieminen -Calleri -Nalbandian -Tursunov -Wawrinka - Davydenko - Del Potro - Roddick - Murray - Federer - Nadal

What's a racket again? doubledogbrewer's Avatar

Re: UPDATED Men's USOSP Picks & Results Thread

Sure is grand to be in the updated thread (no matter what those multiple-medal winner snobs say) for the first time in a while.

So ... if Fish can manage to knock off Nadal, there will only be a couple of us with a good chance. And it looks like if I can get through tomorrow I'll have to break my top-14 string and choose Fish (unlikely) or JMDP. To beat the draw, basically, I need Fish to win. Guess I should have gambled on him to beat Monfils instead of waiting. Fell in love with my new strategy.

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by doubledogbrewer View Post
    Sure is grand to be in the updated thread (no matter what those multiple-medal winner snobs say) for the first time in a while.
    That was all part of a running joke between a couple of us, DoubleDog. I think any of us that have played a few SPs get excited about making it to the update thread. Short of winning the game, it's the other big accomplishment in a Suicide Pool.
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    That was all part of a running joke between a couple of us, DoubleDog. I think any of us that have played a few SPs get excited about making it to the update thread. Short of winning the game, it's the other big accomplishment in a Suicide Pool.
    Oh absolutely. I won a couple this year, but making the updated thread of four of the eight SPs I played is the second line on my TAT contest resume, to be sure.
    It's hard out here for a Zuz.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

omigod you guys! It's the updated P&R thread. I thought this day might never come. I am surprised ... I'm in such a state of shock, that I can't speak. So I'll just hand out copies of my mimeographed acceptance speech.

Where's that red carpet?

Quote Originally Posted by oohsalmon View Post
    Oh absolutely. I won a couple this year, but making the updated thread of four of the eight SPs I played is the second line on my TAT contest resume, to be sure.
    Will TAT give you the MVP of the SP this year? Reason is you have had a great year as I went a whopping 0 for 2008 SP.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

So (if we should make it that far) do we have to make two quarterfinals picks, or just one?

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kmart93 View Post
    So (if we should make it that far) do we have to make two quarterfinals picks, or just one?
    This ain't Wimbledon, kmart. You have two picks to make in the quarters. We've said since we started SPs that the US Open is the most challenging of all the games we play every year, because of this and the three day first round.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Unless someone changes their mind in the next 15 minutes -

Day 9 breakdown:

24 - Davydenko
    7 - Roddick
    1 - Djokovic

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    Will TAT give you the MVP of the SP this year? Reason is you have had a great year as I went a whopping 0 for 2008 SP.
    LOL, no, the MVPs are the people who run these things .
    It's hard out here for a Zuz.

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

THAT was a very nice thing to say, Salmon. Thank you. Stuff like that (and the many other compliments we've received this go 'round) make the work that goes into our SPs worthwhile.

Thanks for the correction.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

How sweet!

Uh, oh...

maybe too sweet...

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    This ain't Wimbledon, kmart. You have two picks to make in the quarters. We've said since we started SPs that the US Open is the most challenging of all the games we play every year, because of this and the three day first round.
    Ok, that's what I was planning on anyways, but I wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

Thank you to all the TATer's who run this. No drinks, no jinx, so... cupcakes for all of you!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast