Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Our servers were down

Last night for several hours our DNS servers went off line. They're fine now.

As simply as I can explain it, DNS servers throughout the internet share information with each other. This information tells your web browser where a website is located. When ours went down, the information that was being shared about where TAT was located, was erroneous. This wasn't anything sinister.

If you experienced trouble getting to TAT, please accept my apology. But if you're here now, you shouldn't have trouble again. This is the first major problem we've had in years, but these things happen on occasion.

It may take until tonight or tomorrow for everyone trying to get to TAT to be able to do so. If someone calls or emails you complaining that they can't get to us, please ask them to be patient and keep trying, eventually they'll be able to.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Re: Our servers were down

I did freak out at 3 this morning when it said that the domain name was for sale or something. I had half convinced myself this was a nightmare. Hopefully it's clear sailing ahead.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

I was in this morning just fine. Then, around 11:00 AM, I got the domain name for sale message. Then, I got back in around 1:00 PM, then was out again at 2:30 PM. Now, at 4:20 PM, I am ok again.

Blog Entries

I've been able to get in several times today (knock on wood), but it is kinda lonely around here.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by winston View Post
    I've been able to get in several times today (knock on wood), but it is kinda lonely around here.
    Aww.

I haven't had any trouble, either. Hopefully, everyone will be back at full post count very soon!

I've had trouble on and off since last night.
    A few minutes ago, I couldn't click on any of the thread links without it sending me to the domain for sale thing.

I'm going to try to click on more, and hopefully it'll let me click on the threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie181 View Post
    I've had trouble on and off since last night.
    A few minutes ago, I couldn't click on any of the thread links without it sending me to the domain for sale thing.

I'm going to try to click on more, and hopefully it'll let me click on the threads.
    okay, now I know what it is for me. If I click on a thread link in the recent posts bar, it sends me away from TAT. But if I click on a thread link in the forums and stuff, it's fine.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

It'll help if people clean their caches out (delete temporary internet files).

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    It'll help if people clean their caches out (delete temporary internet files).
    I did that, and it's still the same for me whenever I click on a link in the recent posts bar.

It's fine when I click on links in the forums, though.

maybe it's just an issue with my computer whenever I do it lol

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie181 View Post
    I did that, and it's still the same for me whenever I click on a link in the recent posts bar.

It's fine when I click on links in the forums, though.

maybe it's just an issue with my computer whenever I do it lol
    I don't think it's your computer, Jessie. It'll work itself out of the next day or so.

everything works fine for me now

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

I'm back.....again. Not sure why my server recognizes TAT, then an hour later, does not.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    I'm back.....again. Not sure why my server recognizes TAT, then an hour later, does not.
    Look at what Jessie posted just above. When he clicked on the RPB links it took him to that other page, but when he clicked on links in the forums themselves he was OK. Maybe that's whats happening with you, shtexas.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I've been in email contact with Foxy today and she's still unable to get back here. I haven't seen GVGirl all day either. I wonder if she's also having trouble.

We'll see the trouble dwindle down to being non-existent over the next 12-24 hours.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    Look at what Jessie posted just above. When he clicked on the RPB links it took him to that other page, but when he clicked on links in the forums themselves he was OK. Maybe that's whats happening with you, shtexas.
    RPB is fine. Once I'm in, everything has been fine each time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast