Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Movie Quotes

Movie Quotes

Here are the top ten movie quotes according to The Guiness Book of Film:

1. "Bond. James Bond."
    2. "Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine"--Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca.
    3. "It's not the men in your life that counts, it's the life in your men"--Mae West in I'm No Angel.
    4. "I'll be back"--Arnold Schwarzenegger in The Terminator.
    5. "Would you be shocked if I changed into something more comfortable?"--Jean Harlow in Hell's Angels.
    6. "Life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get"--Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump.
    7. "I could dance with you till the cows come home. On second thought, I'd rather dance with the cows until you came home"--Groucho Marx in Duck Soup.
    8. "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn"--Clark Gable in Gone With The Wind.
    9. "You talkin' to me?"--Robert De Niro in Taxi Driver.
    10. "Gimme a whiskey with a ginger ale on the side--and don't be stingy, baby"--Greta Garbo in Anna Christie.

What other movie quotes would make YOUR top ten?

It ain't what you eat but how you chew it.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: Movie Quotes

"They don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference." Michael Douglas, The American President.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.

I LOVE that movie and that quote kirk ...

whacha think of this one?

Alan Shepard: Dear Lord, please don't let me f**k up.

Gordon Cooper: I didn't quite copy that. Say again, please.

Shepard: I said everything's A-OK.

- The Right Stuff

I think in all fairness, I should explain to you exactly what it is that I do. For instance tomorrow morning ill get up nice and early, take a walk down over to the bank and... walk in and see and uh... if you don't have my money for me, I'll... crack your ****in' head wide-open in front of everybody in the bank. And just about the time I'm comin' out of jail, hopefully, you'll be coming out of your coma. And guess what? I'll split your ****in' head open again. 'Cause I'm ****in' stupid. I don't give a **** about jail. That's my business. That's what I do.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Holy Crikey, Maynard!

My favorite movie of all time... The American President. Seen it, seriously, more than 30 times. I lost count. It's my comfort movie. That and, also by Aaron Sorkenson, Sports Night. I've seen both seasons at least 5 times. God bless DVDs!!

Haven't seen Sports Night, but I guess I should eh :

Here's one of MY "thirty timers" ... probably more ... come to think of it, A LOT more! :P

Carl: So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking.

So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one---big hitter, the Lama---long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? "Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga."

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consiousness."

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

- Caddyshack

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

LOL. Never seen Caddy Shack. Tell you what. I'll watch Caddy Shack if you catch a few episodes of Sports Night. It's on the Comedy Channel now and again.

Even the old man has seen CADDYSHACK KIRK, what cave do you live in

and yuz all will be thrilled to know that I thought of another quote from what surely has been easy to see as my favorite movie

"A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."

which just goes to show that the quote mob isn't all bad as has been commonly misconceptualized

As much as I would never dream of hogging a thread

This one happens to be the only one that I read for pleasure

So if I might be so bold as to interrupt yuz esteemed posters with a small token of wisdom from my favorite movie ...

"A lawyer with his briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns."

I see the wildly popular movie quotes is still every posters favorite forum. Yuz guyz and your tennis balls

here's one from my second favorite movie when Tommy tells his ma ...

sure, mom, I settle down with a nice girl every night, then I'm free the next morning

ya know, that top 10 is missing some biggies ...

"Go ahead punk ... make my day" - Clint

"You can't handle the truth" - Jack

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I'm calling the organization of the United Brotherhood of It's None of Your Damn Business, Lewis. I'll be with you in a second.
    Michael Douglas - The American President

The symbol of your country cannot just be a flag. The symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Now show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms. Then you can stand up and sing about the land of the free.
    Michael Douglas - The American President

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?
    Peter Graves, Airplane

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast