Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Spin 3

Top Spin 3

sucks
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

Re: Top Spin 3

I actually enjoy it quite a bit. Give it some time JT. It's probably the least intuitive game I've ever played but I'm really enjoying all the great rallies you can have. As much as I love the Virtua Tennis games, there's just something disingenuous about Roger Federer diving 8 times in one rally. This one's all about the patience.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

mmmm8 is my hero!
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

We got it yesterday. Had a bunch of fun once we figured it out. Do you have the Wii version of the X-box? We have it for the Wii. The only thing I cant get right is the serve. I'm sure that will come in time.

Hold on when you get love and let go when you give it...

Quote Originally Posted by evil_juju View Post
    We got it yesterday. Had a bunch of fun once we figured it out. Do you have the Wii version of the X-box? We have it for the Wii. The only thing I cant get right is the serve. I'm sure that will come in time.
    Xbox. The serve took me forever to get and I'm still nowhere near perfect. The Wii version is probably incredibly fun, I bet.

I had no idea there were a bunch of tennis gamers on here...or is it just something you pick up if you live in Seattle for a while?
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Mario Tennis for N64 is my game.
    It's hard out here for a Zuz.

Quote Originally Posted by oohsalmon View Post
    Mario Tennis for N64 is my game.
    There ain't nothin wrong with that game. Except Donkey Kong Jr.

I got it for Wii...it's marginally fun, but I hate that it doesn't really have a world tour mode. Also, I feel like I'm moving in slo-mo. I'll still play, but I won't give up my Virtua Tennis (or even Top Spin 2) for it.
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

Blog Entries

I was thinking about getting it. Is it more difficult than Top Spin 2, which was incredibly easy?

Also, I don't know if I should get TS or Fifa 08. I know, such a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Tscott415 View Post
    I was thinking about getting it. Is it more difficult than Top Spin 2, which was incredibly easy?

It's significantly more difficult than either of the first two top spins, which I like. I played the first one so much that it was almost silly after a while. Playing the computer on the hardest level and still winning golden sets and stuff. This game is a lot deeper but man do the controls have a steep learning curve. It was an hour before I was even getting the ball over the net consistently. On the upside, it feels more like watching a tennis match on TV, which appeals to me. Not ludicrously fast paced.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by munchin View Post
    It's significantly more difficult than either of the first two top spins, which I like. I played the first one so much that it was almost silly after a while. Playing the computer on the hardest level and still winning golden sets and stuff. This game is a lot deeper but man do the controls have a steep learning curve. It was an hour before I was even getting the ball over the net consistently. On the upside, it feels more like watching a tennis match on TV, which appeals to me. Not ludicrously fast paced.
    Ahh ok, thats good. Top Spin 2 just became pointless after a while

I'm so glad someone started this thread. We have both Xbox 360 and Wii and i am trying to decide which platform to get it for.

Topspin 2 was okay, but they didn't improve the graphics from the first. Topsin 3 is supposed to have much better graphics. The Wii doesn't have as good a graphics so I'm leaning toward getting it for the Xbox.

So... are the graphics as amazing on the Xbox as I'm hoping? Can you control which direction you hit the ball in swinging the Wii controllers?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by --cj-- View Post
    I'm so glad someone started this thread. We have both Xbox 360 and Wii and i am trying to decide which platform to get it for.

Topspin 2 was okay, but they didn't improve the graphics from the first. Topsin 3 is supposed to have much better graphics. The Wii doesn't have as good a graphics so I'm leaning toward getting it for the Xbox.

So... are the graphics as amazing on the Xbox as I'm hoping? Can you control which direction you hit the ball in swinging the Wii controllers?
    Same here!

Also, how is the control with the Wii? Do you actually swing the remote or just aim like using a normal controller?

Quote Originally Posted by munchin View Post
    As much as I love the Virtua Tennis games, there's just something disingenuous about Roger Federer diving 8 times in one rally. This one's all about the patience.
    Some ambitious tennis parent should seriously name their daughter Carolina Relandini or Sarah Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by Tscott415 View Post
    FIFA 08 rocks!! Get it.

mmmm8 is my hero!
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    I got it for Wii...it's marginally fun, but I hate that it doesn't really have a world tour mode. Also, I feel like I'm moving in slo-mo. I'll still play, but I won't give up my Virtua Tennis (or even Top Spin 2) for it.
    yeah I did feel like that too. I love Top Spin 2 also. but I haven't played it for a while. the x-box hasn't been hooked up since we left Seattle.

Hold on when you get love and let go when you give it...

The only bad part I see is that there is no left-handed setting!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast