Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Top Spin 3

Blog Entries

Re: Top Spin 3

I got Virtua Tennis. It's a joke so far. But I've only played in the amateur events. It's taking forever to get my ranking up into the next level events so I'm just playing tournaments as much as possible. So far the most points in a game I have lost is 1. The players just run to one side of the court right away and you can hit into open court. The tennis academy and games are more fun than actual matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Tscott415 View Post
    I got Virtua Tennis. It's a joke so far. But I've only played in the amateur events. It's taking forever to get my ranking up into the next level events so I'm just playing tournaments as much as possible. So far the most points in a game I have lost is 1. The players just run to one side of the court right away and you can hit into open court. The tennis academy and games are more fun than actual matches.
    You've just described my afternoon. I did manage to unlock Boris Becker, for whatever good that's done me.

Ditto.
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

Blog Entries

Okay. New plus for Virtua Tennis. In the tennis store I bought one of the mystery gifts. It was gold hotpants.

Okay. New plus for Virtua Tennis. In the tennis store I bought one of the mystery gifts. It was gold hotpants.
    ! I got rocks.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Does salmon run that tennis store?

Quote Originally Posted by bea26 View Post
    ! I got rocks.
    Aww, bea is Charlie Brown (when he's trick or treating in "It's the Great Pumpin, CB").

Seriously, I think I've won something like 11 tournaments and I'm ranked 80. You move up faster if you play doubles, I've just discovered, though.

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    Seriously, I think I've won something like 11 tournaments and I'm ranked 80. You move up faster if you play doubles, I've just discovered, though.
    I think that's been the case with all the VT games? I actually wish they'd make a tennis game with good graphics like the VT series with an intricate, realistic world tour mode like Tennis Elbow. It shouldn't be hard.

There was a game called Smash Court Tennis: Pro Tournament 2 that came very close on the PS2 but the tournament system was a little broken. The #1 seed could play the #2 seed in the quarterfinals which makes no sense.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by munchin View Post
    I think that's been the case with all the VT games? I actually wish they'd make a tennis game with good graphics like the VT series with an intricate, realistic world tour mode like Tennis Elbow. It shouldn't be hard.
    Mhmm. Also, I wish it was a little more complex. Just hitting normal top spin or slice with zero fear of hitting the ball out makes it sort of boring.

So Top Spin 4 comes out tomorrow, for all the tennis gamers out there. I should be getting too old for this, but I'm pretty excited about it. I played the demo and it appears to be a lot more accessible than Top Spin 3 (which I liked, but seriously, that is the most counter-intuitive tennis game imaginable).
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

So Top Spin 4 comes out tomorrow, for all the tennis gamers out there. I should be getting too old for this, but I'm pretty excited about it. I played the demo and it appears to be a lot more accessible than Top Spin 3 (which I liked, but seriously, that is the most counter-intuitive tennis game imaginable).
    I tried the demo and got frustrated when I lost on "Easy" 0-7.

Main problem I have had with tennis video games is I don't seem to have the knack for them and wind up far too frustrated to learn how to do them well.
    I disapprove of this message

After playing Tennis Elbow, no other tennis game does it for me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    After playing Tennis Elbow, no other tennis game does it for me anymore.
    Haha, good ol TE. I switched from that to Full Ace after playing for about 3 years and getting tired of the people on it for the most part.
    Go Pack Go!

Quote Originally Posted by Togtdyalttai View Post
    Haha, good ol TE. I switched from that to Full Ace after playing for about 3 years and getting tired of the people on it for the most part.
    What on earth is Full Ace?

What on earth is Full Ace?
    Here's a description for you.
    Go Pack Go!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast