Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Top Spin 3

Grand Slam Champion missinandre's Avatar

Re: Top Spin 3

Quote Originally Posted by James7 View Post
    I really liked and dominated the Gamecube Mario Tennis... I understand it's one of the titles that they re-released for Wii.
    My kids LOVE Mario. I didn't even know there was a Mario tennis game!

Ben gets out of school in exactly three minutes. We live 4 minutes (walking 2 running) from his school.

A nasty thunderstorm is closing in upon us viciously and FAST complete with high winds and impending darkness...do I HAVE to go get him? 2 minutes....can he beat the storm?

I'll wait untill 3:25 exactly to decide....
    ROGER / RAFA FINAL 2010 US OPEN!!!!!

Grand Slam Champion missinandre's Avatar

shyte my directv just disappeared and shucks here comes the thunder I'm off to get theboys.
    ROGER / RAFA FINAL 2010 US OPEN!!!!!

N64 Mario Tennis is the best game ever. I have easily logged thousands of hours playing it.

But the bestEST tennis game ever is Tennis Elbow. I like 06 more than 09, but both are very fetch, and both should be DLed immediately by everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by oohsalmon View Post
    N64 Mario Tennis is the best game ever. I have easily logged thousands of hours playing it.

But the bestEST tennis game ever is Tennis Elbow. I like 06 more than 09, but both are very fetch, and both should be DLed immediately by everyone.
    I'm not really a fan of '09. I abandoned it before the demo trial period had even expired.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Quote Originally Posted by oohsalmon View Post

Mario Tennis was pretty great. I got way too good at it at one point. I used to challenge myself by setting the computer as Bowser at the hardest setting and then playing him with Baby Mario on the Donkey Kong Court (with the high, fast bounce). Bowser could literally hit aces over my head. It was awesome.

I tried playing it last year again and I sucked something awful.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Quote Originally Posted by munchin View Post
    Mario Tennis was pretty great. I got way too good at it at one point. I used to challenge myself by setting the computer as Bowser at the hardest setting and then playing him with Baby Mario on the Donkey Kong Court (with the high, fast bounce). Bowser could literally hit aces over my head. It was awesome.

I tried playing it last year again and I sucked something awful.
    I am SO good at it. I tried playing it really, really drunk for money one night my freshman year of college and was really pissed at myself because I didn't bagel the person.

OK, I now have Virtua Tennis in my possession. Will give it a spin tonight.
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    OK, I now have Virtua Tennis in my possession. Will give it a spin tonight.
    It's getting mixed reviews but I fully plan to get it in 2 hours after work.

Do you ever play online?

It's getting mixed reviews but I fully plan to get it in 2 hours after work.

Do you ever play online?
    I haven't ever, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't.

Grand Slam Tennis for the Wii is super fun and actually my real life tennis muscle memory transfers pretty well. But the learning curve is a little steep. I just played for 90 minutes and I still just completely mistime the ball by several seconds occasionally. Don't quite have the hang of it yet.

I have decreed Virtua Tennis as fun, but easy (no comments, nelslus). Maybe it will get harder once I pass through the amateur ranks.

Blog Entries

Grand Slam Tennis for the Wii is super fun and actually my real life tennis muscle memory transfers pretty well. But the learning curve is a little steep. I just played for 90 minutes and I still just completely mistime the ball by several seconds occasionally. Don't quite have the hang of it yet.
    What is the format for the game? On Top Spin 3 I hated the Wii version for its simple set-up and it just became boring. Does Grand Slam tennis have a better campaign mode like a world tour etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tscott415 View Post
    What is the format for the game? On Top Spin 3 I hated the Wii version for its simple set-up and it just became boring. Does Grand Slam tennis have a better campaign mode like a world tour etc.
    A much better campaign mode, but I'm only up to the Australian Open so far (where Kei Nishikori kicked my ass last night and I almost threw my controller through the screen...so definitely not boring) so I don't know how long it will hold my interest quite yet but it looks promising.

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    I have decreed Virtua Tennis as fun, but easy (no comments, nelslus). Maybe it will get harder once I pass through the amateur ranks.
    I understand that it gets very difficult because you player stops levelling up or something and the pro players are just much, much better.

A much better campaign mode, but I'm only up to the Australian Open so far (where Kei Nishikori kicked my ass last night and I almost threw my controller through the screen...so definitely not boring) so I don't know how long it will hold my interest quite yet but it looks promising.
    OK, I'm more intrigued about this one now, so maybe I'll give it a shot.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast