Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Top Spin 3

Re: Top Spin 3

I'm still unsure if there are many gamers on TAT, but I just wanted to draw everyone's attention to the 2 tennis games coming out this week. Virtua Tennis 2009 (mentioned earlier in the thread) comes out tomorrow and that has proven to be the strongest tennis game franchise probably in history.

And Grand Slam Tennis came out today for the Wii and apparently it successfully mimics the motions of actually playing tennis to a very uncanny degree. I'm excited for it. I might go pick them both up tomorrow.

Grand Slam Tennis
    This guy's overselling it, i think, but it still looks fun.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

So buying Virtua '09. I played TopSpin 3 on wii and it ruined me for all wii tennis games it was so insanely useless.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bea26 View Post
    So buying Virtua '09. I played TopSpin 3 on wii and it ruined me for all wii tennis games it was so insanely useless.
    Mhmm. I'm a sucker for tennis games though. I will probably buy both. But the real question is...

Virtua Tennis for the 360 or Wii??

Quote Originally Posted by Tscott415 View Post
    Mhmm. I'm a sucker for tennis games though. I will probably buy both. But the real question is...

Virtua Tennis for the 360 or Wii??
    360! It'll look better.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I had gotten the previous Virtua Tennis... but I found it was too hard for me. I was able to eventually beat the lowest tiers, but as soon as I went into the intermediate rankings range I was completely destroyed. To the point where I got so frustrated after so many failed attempts I stopped. Because you are on that career timer I didn't feel like I had the leeway to fail at raising my stats and matches. How do you guys do it?? And will the 2009 have a "I suck at this game but want to enjoy it anyway" (i.e. easy) mode?
    I disapprove of this message

Grand Slam Champion missinandre's Avatar

Oh someone go get the game and let me know how it is! My boys love topspin and they love tennis for Wii....but we have the Wii sports pak which only gives you a itty bitty tennis game.

But I"d buy a $60 tennis Wii game for them if it is actually worth it.
    ROGER / RAFA FINAL 2010 US OPEN!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by James7 View Post
    I had gotten the previous Virtua Tennis... but I found it was too hard for me. I was able to eventually beat the lowest tiers, but as soon as I went into the intermediate rankings range I was completely destroyed. To the point where I got so frustrated after so many failed attempts I stopped. Because you are on that career timer I didn't feel like I had the leeway to fail at raising my stats and matches. How do you guys do it?? And will the 2009 have a "I suck at this game but want to enjoy it anyway" (i.e. easy) mode?
    Did you skip the academy and games and go right for the tournaments? The more you practice the stronger and faster you get.

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Did you skip the academy and games and go right for the tournaments? The more you practice the stronger and faster you get.
    Nah. I did every academy that I was able to. I was doing fine until I hit ranking of 100ish. Then everyone was just moving way faster and hitting better. I think I couldn't get places to actually hit the ball unless I guessed correctly.

Nah. I did every academy that I was able to. I was doing fine until I hit ranking of 100ish. Then everyone was just moving way faster and hitting better. I think I couldn't get places to actually hit the ball unless I guessed correctly.
    Every level you jump, it's immediately insanely harder but not for long. Like, the first tournament you play at each level, the opponent is bionic. It's like the game's way of telling you you've moved up and it's tougher out there. But I found it fades, letting you know you're getting stronger. You might just have to stick with it longer. Or pick up golf.

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

You might just have to stick with it longer. Or pick up golf.
    How did you know I went to playing Hot Shots Golf?

How did you know I went to playing Hot Shots Golf?
    The bunny is both lethal and a gossip.

Craig will probably kill me if the theme song for Virtua Tennis is as annoying as the last edition. But I'm willing to risk divorce.
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    Craig will probably kill me if the theme song for Virtua Tennis is as annoying as the last edition. But I'm willing to risk divorce.

Yes... yes it was cringe worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by missinandre View Post
    Oh someone go get the game and let me know how it is! My boys love topspin and they love tennis for Wii....but we have the Wii sports pak which only gives you a itty bitty tennis game.

But I"d buy a $60 tennis Wii game for them if it is actually worth it.
    I'll let you know if I like it (but maybe you shouldn't trust me. I like just about every tennis game).

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I really liked and dominated the Gamecube Mario Tennis... I understand it's one of the titles that they re-released for Wii.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast