Likes Likes:  0
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: Men's Wimby SP Picks & Results

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Then pick Clement and it's win-win...either you go through in the SP, or someone you don't like loses!
    Gotta love an optimist.

One interesting thing is that at a quick glance, most of the remaining people have several options available.
    Lets see who gets lucky on Wednesday.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

We'll be posting an Updated Picks & Results thread in a little while with our 56 survivors.

This is where it gets hard. I don't want to pick the Federer or Nadal matches. That leaves me Safin v. Lopez or Schuettler v. Clement.

Do I go with the geriatric match and pick the younger man even though he's 1-4 lifetime v. Schuettler? I can't pick Schuettler because I already used him (he was supposed to lose to Tipsarevic).

Or do I pick Safin or Lopez? I haven't used either of them. Safin is 1-4 v. Lopez and my husband said he saw Lopez play today and he looked good. But Safin has looked pretty good himself.

What does your dog say, Dry?

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by 3mlm View Post
    This is where it gets hard. I don't want to pick the Federer or Nadal matches. That leaves me Safin v. Lopez or Schuettler v. Clement.

Do I go with the geriatric match and pick the younger man even though he's 1-4 lifetime v. Schuettler? I can't pick Schuettler because I already used him (he was supposed to lose to Tipsarevic).

Or do I pick Safin or Lopez? I haven't used either of them. Safin is 1-4 v. Lopez and my husband said he saw Lopez play today and he looked good. But Safin has looked pretty good himself.

I'm almost in the same situation. But I also have Schuettler left. I'd consider picking him against Arnaud based on H2H, but I think Clement might be better on grass.

I wish I didn't have the choices.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

This is only my second SP and I wonder if you ever have a look at odds to make up your mind. I want to reserve Fed and Rafa and I already picked Feli so this leaves me with Safin and the geriatric match as someody said. Based on odds the safer choice is Safin.(Unbelievable, I didn't pick him earlier as I thought he would melt down any time)

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Quick Words Champion, Yeti Sports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I haven't asked him yet. But we'll get there at some point today.

I was out last night, and I just couldn't get my mind off of this. I'm at a total loss in terms of what to do next. I've only used F-Lo so far, so I have lots of options.

At this point, though, I'm leaning toward biting the bullet on Schuettler/Clement. There's data on that matchup, and 99% of it is completely useless.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

I am in your EXACT position with Safin, F-Lo and Clement available. My advice to you (with no dog) is wait to see what I post and then post the exact opposite. You will win because I ALWAYS lose by the QF's....and I mean ALWAYS.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

I am closing this thread. The Updated Men's Wimby Picks & Results thread is now open.

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum...ad.php?t=11179

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516